Author Topic: 25 Sept 2017 Arsenal 2 Albion 0  (Read 46605 times)

maximus

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2017, 10:07:21 PM »
Frustrating thing is, It was Evans diving in lacking discipline for the first goal, Then Nyom costing us with a blatant lack of discipline for the penalty. We can blame the ref and rightly so, But nothing worse than own players costing you the goals because of rash decisions.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2017, 10:13:19 PM »
Played well, never going to be able to play the ball on the deck against Arsenal, but we need to keep that pressing and physical play and pass on the floor.

Win against Watford now.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2017, 10:14:44 PM »
Frustrating thing is, It was Evans diving in lacking discipline for the first goal, Then Nyom costing us with a blatant lack of discipline for the penalty. We can blame the ref and rightly so, But nothing worse than own players costing you the goals because of rash decisions.
Spot on re Evans but the Nyom pen would probably be given 3 times out of 10. The Jrod pen is 10 out of 10 unless the ref makes his mind up prior to kickoff that he's giving us nothing. That's corruption plain and simple.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2017, 10:16:39 PM »
If we had gone in 1-1 (which we deserved) at half time , it would have given the team that needed pick-me-up.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2017, 10:22:27 PM »
Really good first half. Should have taken some of our chances though regardless of the blatant penalty that wasn't given. Thought Livermore was awful and capped it all off with a shocking loss after JRod had hit the post. Needs to be replaced against Watford with a more forward thinking player.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »
As I said during the match...Evans and Livermore needed to be taken off (and this was early in the match).

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2017, 10:37:08 PM »
Shocking decision on our penalty not given. Was the referee reviewer on sky suggesting advantage was played. Never any advantage signal and at the very least should have been a yellow card for disrupting a clear goal scoring chance, perhaps a red. Which may have made the ref chicken out completely.
In fairness Arsenal did have two clearer penalty shouts than the super soft one they got.
Actually surprised how many chances we created first half. Thought played well but couldn't get going after the break.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2017, 10:49:51 PM »
Watching from a bar in Turkey I am nowhere near as upbeat as some on here about that 1st half. With this squad TP cannot justify playing Dawson Livermore and Kanu as starting Premier League players when we have better on the bench. 3 5 2 doesn't suit us either because it robs us of Brunt and Phillips our most dangerous assist makers. And while the referee was extremely poor there is no way to defend the chances missed by Rodriguez.

Going forward we need to revert to 451. Get Brunt and Phillips back in the team. Give Rondon a run of games. Get Chadli fit and playing. Use McClean and Burke from the bench against tired legs.

I'm a Pulis fan but he's hamstringing us with his team selection.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2017, 11:31:38 PM »
Watched it in the bar on holiday in Wales.

Spirited first half performance but second half we were absent.

To all those complaining at the ref (I am a ref myself) I can see where you are coming from but the fact of the matter is we are to honest. If Jrod stays down then I am pretty certain the ref gives the penalty there and then. The problem is when you have played the advantage its very hard to go back and give the penalty.

Yes I know some will argue whats better than a free shot at goal from 12 yards, but when Jrod who is playing in the right spirit gets up then he has sadly made the decision for us.

We need to stop being so honest.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2017, 11:48:48 PM »

To all those complaining at the ref (I am a ref myself) I can see where you are coming from but the fact of the matter is we are to honest. If Jrod stays down then I am pretty certain the ref gives the penalty there and then. The problem is when you have played the advantage its very hard to go back and give the penalty.

Yes I know some will argue whats better than a free shot at goal from 12 yards, but when Jrod who is playing in the right spirit gets up then he has sadly made the decision for us.

I'm not convinced the ref would have given us a penalty even if Jrod had stayed down.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2017, 12:10:18 AM »

Kind of agree apart from the referee playing advantage. He never made any signal and surely it should have been at least a yellow card, more probably a red, given how far back the covering defender was.

Shirt pull on Sanchez was probably Arsenal's strongest penalty shout.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2017, 12:26:14 AM »
When will it stop though? Refs cheat every week, unashamedly biased but nothing done. Premier League is corrupt full stop. If a ref wants to keep the work coming he has to keep the top 6 sweet. Rotten to the core!
totally agree with you mate, madley  needs a good kicking.  Sky sports is another biased network and can't wait for Amazon to outbid them on next tv rites.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2017, 12:44:15 AM »
First half we played some really good counter attacking football, ignoring the biased ref we should have scored at least 2 with chance we created. Kanu in my opinion is poor and shouldn't be any where near the first team. Livermore had yet another below average game and missed a sitter. Rodriguez was to honest and should of stayed down and make the tosser make a decision but he also had the goal at his mercy only to nod ball back to defender. Foster has to get game going quickly when we are behind, there were numerous times second half that he slowed game down which baffled me.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #238 on: September 26, 2017, 01:18:49 AM »
Second half was really hard to watch knowing that we were capable of causing them problems but not causing any at all.

I'm a fan of Morrison but him and the other two subs were so ineffectual.

Also a long way from our penalty shout and theirs. Even from that distance was still very blatant ours was and theirs was a very good shout as well, Nyom has a big tendency of giving (often needless) fouls away in dangerous areas.

As for the starting lineup, said it many times before and I'll say it again, I don't rate Livermore, especially not as an attacking midfielder. Robson-kanu can do a job at times but today he didn't and he also gives far too many fouls away. As for the others, nobody played particularly badly but also nobody outstanding

Baggiee_Boyy_Benn

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2017, 02:18:10 AM »
First half we played some really good counter attacking football, ignoring the biased ref we should have scored at least 2 with chance we created. Kanu in my opinion is poor and shouldn't be any where near the first team. Livermore had yet another below average game and missed a sitter. Rodriguez was to honest and should of stayed down and make the tosser make a decision but he also had the goal at his mercy only to nod ball back to defender. Foster has to get game going quickly when we are behind, there were numerous times second half that he slowed game down which baffled me.
Could not agree more, had me scratching my head.. frustrating to say the least.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2017, 05:02:26 AM »
Sanchez dived for the 1st goal, we should of had a penalty. Great performance in the 1st half but we were outclassed in the second. Stupid from Nyom which effectively took the game away from us.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2017, 09:18:53 AM »
Played well. Looked good with the 'new' shape and high press. Rare under Pulis I've said we lost and played well.

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2017, 09:30:25 AM »

I agree entirely. Whilst the penalty we should have had was blatant we really shot ourselves in both feet - two very rash and unnecessary tackles that led to both the Arsenal goals and terrible finishing were what cost us in the end. I have just come to expect we are going to be on the wrong side of the ref against the so called big clubs.

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2017, 09:39:03 AM »
I quite liked the 5 at the back - i think it gets the best from Gibbs who i thought looked good, i do worry about Nyom,s defending as he is prone to diving in unnecessarily and his judgement of the high ball is questionable at best. its how we set up with the other 5 that would be a bigger concern as we will need more pace, more creativity and better finishing than that - although to be fair even how we set up last night caused arsenal a lot of problems in the first half. Quite what happened in the second half i dont know! 

whether we can find pace, creativity and finishing in our current squad is open to question

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »
sanchez dived and was going down and bought a freekick they punished us
we should have had pen and by the law of the game mustafki would have been sent off I guess.
had some good half chances. every week I watch wba and I think a different one of the 3 front men is our best option- theres no real stand out candidate which is a huge problem, we signed well but didn't get the type of striker we needed.

all 3 subs did nothing. Im of the opinion we need to have 2 of the 4: brunt, Morrison, chadli & Phillips in the team. otherwise we are pretty blunt going forward. second half we just couldn't keep the ball.

nyom isn't a wing back and playing that formation has us not use Phillips and brunt im not a fan.

west ham game looks even worse now, big pressure on Watford match
O Albion we love you

wolverhampton baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2017, 10:20:20 AM »
looked much better with back 5 and high press...think we should stick with it with Chadli for Livermore when fit
Born and bred in Dudley

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2017, 10:35:37 AM »
When will it stop though? Refs cheat every week, unashamedly biased but nothing done. Premier League is corrupt full stop. If a ref wantus to keep the work coming he has to keep the top 6 sweet. Rotten to the core!

How did Leicester win the League though?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2017, 10:49:39 AM »
Sadly it is always the case with referee's that they know that if they make a 'wrong' decision against a top six side then they will never hear the end of it and there will be repercussions whereby if they do it against the likes of us, it may be spoken about overnight but soon forgotten. Has to weigh heavily on their minds when officiating a game as sadly the majority of them are the lads at school who could never play football so got into refereeing it instead.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #248 on: September 26, 2017, 10:51:39 AM »
I think Richard Madley would have done a better job than this idiot
the regime don't like it man

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »
I would like to think that the assessors will be looking at this very poor display, think I will be disappointed though.

That said the cheating Columbian dwarf did him no favours, what a horrible if gifted little tnuc he is!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!