Author Topic: Can we get a season ticket refund?  (Read 56287 times)

wbako

• Senior Baggie

Re: Can we get a season ticket refund?
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »
Not mocking them, genuinely hoping that they can get their wish. If their view of encouraging performance is to poison the atmosphere at the ground (which is getting worse with expectation) then I am happy for them to not be there. If this makes them "uber" fans I am pleased for them, I hope that they enjoy their Saturday afternoons, I am sure mine will become more pleasurable.

You speak of 'uber' fans, but you're so high on your horse that you must have a cracking view of the surrounding landscape.

Firstly, your post is wildly speculative. You have no idea if those considering boycotting are fans who boo, sit there in silence or get behind the team vocally; chances are they will be a wide spectrum of fans who are united in their displeasure with how the club is being run. Secondly, I am yet to see one example of someone who is considering a refund stating it makes them a better fan than those who aren't, or as you call it - an 'uber' fan. The fact that they care so strongly about the situation would lead me to believe that, ultimately, they care deeply for the club. Currently, the E&S poll shows that over 80% of fans are unhappy with this appointment; instead of dismissing these concerns out of hand, you would be better served looking at the situation objectively.

All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2014, 01:40:41 PM »
You speak of 'uber' fans, but you're so high on your horse that you must have a cracking view of the surrounding landscape.

Firstly, your post is wildly speculative. You have no idea if those considering boycotting are fans who boo, sit there in silence or get behind the team vocally; chances are they will be a wide spectrum of fans who are united in their displeasure with how the club is being run. Secondly, I am yet to see one example of someone who is considering a refund stating it makes them a better fan than those who aren't, or as you call it - an 'uber' fan. The fact that they care so strongly about the situation would lead me to believe that, ultimately, they care deeply for the club. Currently, the E&S poll shows that over 80% of fans are unhappy with this appointment; instead of dismissing these concerns out of hand, you would be better served looking at the situation objectively.
Looking at it objectively,  any appointment might lead to success or failure but giving someone support to try and achieve that success is what, in my opinion,  supporters do.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »
Anyone that thinks this car crash of an appointment could actually work is deluding themselves quite frankly. Please wake up and smell the coffee, the guy is a failure in the Championship and League One, he's hated by fans of his two previous clubs and is widely regarded as having a very negative, defensive philosophy. How in god's name does anyone expect this appointment to be anything other than a total bloody disaster?

I won't boo the bloke as I feel sorry for him to be honest. I also will not be giving up my season ticket as if I do I give up my right to have a voice. I would urge others to do the same - don't give up, because we were here before Peace, Downing, Jenkins etc and we'll be here a damn sight longer as well. Get yourselves to the games and aim all of your frustrations at Jeremy Peace and the board. Enough is enough.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »
Looking at it objectively,  any appointment might lead to success or failure but giving someone support to try and achieve that success is what, in my opinion,  supporters do.

Agreed - I'd support Steve Bull if he was in charge. However, as people who have invested money and time into the club, they also have the right to question and criticise those in charge and hold them to account for decisions they make. Blindly following is something I cannot, and won't, do. This appointment does not make sense and therefore it is open to scrutiny.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »
Agreed - I'd support Steve Bull if he was in charge. However, as people who have invested money and time into the club, they also have the right to question and criticise those in charge and hold them to account for decisions they make. Blindly following is something I cannot, and won't, do. This appointment does not make sense and therefore it is open to scrutiny.

Question, criticise, stay away by all means don't poison the atmosphere for others.

.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2014, 04:00:45 PM »
I believe Jeremy will offer to buy all the season tickets back for 50p a ticket.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2014, 05:07:17 PM »
Really good 'support' from some on here, do you think Peace gives a s*** about a few people getting refunds and not turning up to games?

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2014, 05:16:04 PM »
Really good 'support' from some on here, do you think Peace gives a s*** about a few people getting refunds and not turning up to games?

No I don't think he does.

He is not interested in the fans and what they think, he is simply using west Bromwich Albion to increase his own wealth.

I have followed the Albion through thick and thin, from the highs of the late 70's to the depths of the early 90's, however I can honestly say I have never felt as low as I do today.

It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »

Go on then, tell us what you deem to be good support.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2014, 05:54:05 PM »
Good luck to you all. Would love to see a headline in local papers along the lines of '100s of fans demand season ticket refunds'.

Only way club will take any notice.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

WBARoberts

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »
Good luck to you all. Would love to see a headline in local papers along the lines of '100s of fans demand season ticket refunds'.

Only way club will take any notice.

Absolutely second this, look forward to hopefully seeing headlines. It would send a clear message to all involved - even if it's ignored.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2014, 06:02:08 PM »
Yawn. Mexican waves are so 90s.
Appreciative of talent playing in the top flight of English football and supporting (look it up in a dictionary) the players and coaches who currently represent the team that I love. :-*

It's no longer a club but more of a business.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
If the club really consider fans opinions they should make a statement to say refunds will be offered to anyone not happy with the appointment.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2014, 06:37:28 PM »
Go on then, tell us what you deem to be good support.

Getting behind the team through thick and thin, the embarrassment heaped upon the club through this appointment is nothing to do with Irvine, it's our fans reactions to it.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2014, 07:01:18 PM »
Getting behind the team through thick and thin, the embarrassment heaped upon the club through this appointment is nothing to do with Irvine, it's our fans reactions to it.

I had several texts yesterday from mates around the country - Arsenal, Forest, Southampton, Oldham, Rotherham and Cardiff; each one was taking the urine out of the appointment. You can keep telling yourself that the appointment is a progressive one and the rest of us will stick to reality.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »
I had several texts yesterday from mates around the country - Arsenal, Forest, Southampton, Oldham, Rotherham and Cardiff; each one was taking the pee out of the appointment. You can keep telling yourself that the appointment is a progressive one and the rest of us will stick to reality.

I'm not particularly bothered about what other teams fans think.

Like I said our fans reaction to this has been appalling and they are the embarrassment in all of this. I mean seriously emailing the guy and telling him not to take the job? Who do these people think they are?

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2014, 07:15:36 PM »

Like I said our fans reaction to this has been appalling and they are the embarrassment in all of this. I mean seriously emailing the guy and telling him not to take the job? Who do these people think they are?

I am not bothered what other teams think, however surely you could have predicted the response of West Brom fans even before Irvine was appointed.

For that reason alone it shows how far removed Peace and the club are from Wet Brom fans.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2014, 07:15:49 PM »
Like I said our fans reaction to this has been appalling and they are the embarrassment in all of this.

How do you expect the fans to react?

This man has had two managerial jobs and relegated both clubs before being sacked - he couldn't even prove himself in league one and now he has been awarded with a job in the Premier League. You cannot blame supporters for being so annoyed at our pain-staking lack of ambition.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2014, 07:21:54 PM »
How do you expect the fans to react?

This man has had two managerial jobs and relegated both clubs before being sacked - he couldn't even prove himself in league one and now he has been awarded with a job in the Premier League. You cannot blame supporters for being so annoyed at our pain-staking lack of ambition.

I expect Albion fans to act with a bit of class to be honest.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2014, 07:25:51 PM »

You've just alluded to the 'embarrassment' of our fans response, but people aren't laughing at that, they're laughing at the appointment.

I'm going to remove myself from this debate because I think it's obvious you're being deliberately provocative.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2014, 07:31:32 PM »

So your not bothered that the club we love is seen as a joke up and down the country? Weres your pride?

What do you expect fans to do?? Have a party, its a disgusting appointment and people are angry.

Were heading in one direction and thats down. Even the dingles will be looking forward to their season more then us

I take it your happy with the appointment then?

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »
So your not bothered that the club we love is seen as a joke up and down the country? Weres your pride?

What do you expect fans to do?? Have a party, its a disgusting appointment and people are angry.

Were heading in one direction and thats down. Even the dingles will be looking forward to their season more then us

I take it your happy with the appointment then?

Where is the harm in giving the guy a chance?

I am extremely underwhelmed. Though I am interested to see which players come in and maybe that will have more of an impact on this impending relegation you speak of.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2014, 08:13:37 PM »
Where is the harm in giving the guy a chance?

I am extremely underwhelmed. Though I am interested to see which players come in and maybe that will have more of an impact on this impending relegation you speak of.

:D if you think any player of any value will come and work with Irvine your living on cloud cuckoo land mate. The blokes a league one manager at best. Maybe we will raid the lower leagues because there the only players that will come now.

Irvine isnt going to attract anyone!

The good players we have will want to leave and we wont attract good players simple as.

We wont pay the cash and we dont have the manager to lure them.

I bet Ben Foster is the joke of the england squad!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2014, 09:00:24 PM »
If people are genuinely satisfied with this appointment, then frankly they're just as lacking in ambition as the board.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »
The trouble is people have been brainwashed over the years.

This is the first time Peace has had the pressure build on him.