Author Topic: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)  (Read 163351 times)

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)
« Reply #575 on: January 21, 2019, 09:31:32 AM »
We sign Barnes just shows what a mess we are in. Yet again Moores mates on the payroll. You can't replace Harvey Barnes with him.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #576 on: January 21, 2019, 01:01:16 PM »
I didn't think he did very well tbh. You could see how his team-mates were reluctant to use him, but to me, he didn't look ready for the step up.

Leicester may look back and realise another six months with us could have made all the difference.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #577 on: January 21, 2019, 10:58:14 PM »
I think that unless we replace Harvey with someone of real quality, we should persevere with our own youngsters. There is absolutely no point in bringing in people like Giles Barnes, who was next to useless first time round.
Giles Barnes was totally useless first time round agreed,last time he played for us we were 3 nil up at home to West Ham and cruising,Barnes was on the bench,i think it may have been Appleton in charge we were in total command with 25 mins to go he bought Barnes on,it was like playing with 10 men,west ham scored 3 times and it ended up 3-3 ,I don't think he ever played again

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #578 on: January 22, 2019, 07:04:11 AM »
Giles Barnes was totally useless first time round agreed,last time he played for us we were 3 nil up at home to West Ham and cruising,Barnes was on the bench,i think it may have been Appleton in charge we were in total command with 25 mins to go he bought Barnes on,it was like playing with 10 men,west ham scored 3 times and it ended up 3-3 ,I don't think he ever played again

I've no desire to see Giles Barnes back here but come on;D Total command?
It was 3-2 when Barnes came on but don't let the facts get in the way of your reasoning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9391009.stm
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #579 on: January 22, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »
I know it has "Barnes" in the title, but can we keep the talk about the nightmare inducing Giles variety of Barnes to a different thread and not the Harvey Barnes one.... every time I see something is posted in here my eyes light up hoping that we've managed to prise Harvey back off Leicester until the end of the season
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #580 on: January 22, 2019, 03:19:05 PM »
I know it has "Barnes" in the title, but can we keep the talk about the nightmare inducing Giles variety of Barnes to a different thread and not the Harvey Barnes one.... every time I see something is posted in here my eyes light up hoping that we've managed to prise Harvey back off Leicester until the end of the season

Made you look, made you stare.......  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #581 on: January 22, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »
Barnes cant play for any team this season only us and Leicester, I really have a sneaky feeling,hope,praying!

shortybaggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #582 on: January 26, 2019, 05:45:43 PM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-hope-re-sign-13910137.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Rumours that Barnes is on his way back. Thoughts that hes stepped up too quickly.
Nothing like a bit of doom and gloon

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #583 on: January 26, 2019, 06:37:58 PM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-hope-re-sign-13910137.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Rumours that Barnes is on his way back. Thoughts that hes stepped up too quickly.

Well, I suppose if we've got to have him back, them it's our duty. But I don't know who'll make way for him though  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #584 on: January 26, 2019, 06:48:09 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it personally. It is the mirror so take it with a pinch of salt. Would love to have Harvey back though, he'd feel like a new signing. :)
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2019, 07:34:22 PM »
I have a Leicester supporting mate who is generally very well informed and he said that he was brought back to Leicester for them to have a look at and then loaned back to us again dependent on his improvement and game time. With his goal and performance I would suggest that this might have counted against us.
Gera, Gera, Gera

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #586 on: January 26, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »
I have a Leicester supporting mate who is generally very well informed and he said that he was brought back to Leicester for them to have a look at and then loaned back to us again dependent on his improvement and game time. With his goal and performance I would suggest that this might have counted against us.

It was an own goal and he didn't play particularly well.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #587 on: January 26, 2019, 09:18:30 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #588 on: January 26, 2019, 11:25:54 PM »
Leicester City's Harvey Barnes won't return to West Brom

Pity.

Source: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-citys-harvey-barnes-wont-2473999

That article only regurgitate's Puel's comments in the aftermath of their game against Southampton on the 12th, so I don't think it confirms anything.

I'd be surprised if he was loaned back to us, but who knows? By this time next week all will have been revealed!

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2019, 11:38:15 PM »
Leicester Mercury also stated he was staying with us a few days before he got recalled. Don't think they have a clue.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #590 on: January 28, 2019, 01:14:46 PM »
Leicester Mercury have got about as much clue as the Birmingham Mail / Express & Star, which is to regurgitate what they've previously been told as though it's still fact two weeks later.

I've seen some people suggesting Barnes will be heading back to us if we agree to pay more of his wages and a higher loan fee - and that this is part of why we've waved Sako goodbye.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #591 on: January 30, 2019, 07:28:32 PM »
Puel has dropped Barnes for tonight's trip to Anfield. Surely we're in with a shout of him coming back? Which I imagine is delaying the Murphy deal.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #592 on: January 30, 2019, 07:33:25 PM »
A Leicester win tonight, would surely help our cause then?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #593 on: January 30, 2019, 07:36:55 PM »
Puel has dropped Barnes for tonight's trip to Anfield. Surely we're in with a shout of him coming back? Which I imagine is delaying the Murphy deal.

He's on a pretty strong bench.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #594 on: January 30, 2019, 07:45:21 PM »
He's on a pretty strong bench.

He's miles down the pecking order. Liverpool with no recognised right back tonight. Very odd behaviour from Puel in recalling him at all.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #595 on: January 30, 2019, 07:50:35 PM »
Lads, can we keep talk on other games in the Premiership thread in General Sports forum please
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #596 on: January 30, 2019, 08:50:56 PM »
Lads, can we keep talk on other games in the Premiership thread in General Sports forum please

I was having a conversation with Jacko about Harvey Barnes playing for Leicester tonight, relative to the possibility of him coming back to us. Surely relevant to the topic?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #597 on: January 30, 2019, 08:51:46 PM »
I was having a conversation with Jacko about Harvey Barnes playing for Leicester tonight, relative to the possibility of him coming back to us. Surely relevant to the topic?

Harvey Barnes yes, Leicester v Liverpool no
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #598 on: January 30, 2019, 09:52:39 PM »
Barnes didn’t get on the pitch tonight hopefully he’s steams into Puel’s office and says he wants regular playing time.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #599 on: January 30, 2019, 09:54:34 PM »
Faint glimmer of hope that he will be allowed back to us? It's still highly unlikely though.  :(