Author Topic: Fortress Hawthorns - Bring the Noise  (Read 47575 times)

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

Fortress Hawthorns - Bring the Noise
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:19:29 AM »
I've commented numerous times before about how poor the atmosphere in the ground has been for pretty much the last 2-3 years, but even before then you could see it draining away slowly before it was pummelled well and truly into the ground by Pulisball.

With a new; attack minded; manager and seemingly the shackles finally being removed, now is the time for us to make the Hawthorns a "Fortress of Noise" again and not just relying on the diehards in the Smethwick to create pretty much the only noise in the ground! (Sorry Brummy road, but at the moment you generally only sing when goaded by the SE)

It's time to re-galvanise the fanbase and get the ground rocking again, I want all 4 stands to be singing their heart out against Palace (and beyond), I want that wonderful matchday feeling to come back for us all, I want that drummer in the Smethwick end to drum until his arms fall off  ;D and I want the opposing teams to fear having to visit the Hawthorns because of the atmosphere rather than being given an easy ride.

Let's get behind the team, get the noise levels up and smash Palace (on the pitch) on Saturday!

COYB!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:28:11 AM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Fortress Hawthorns - Bring the Noise
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:32:49 AM »
Some new songs are needed I think, preferably ones that don't reference being better than Wolves or how **** Villa are, as they just play into the hands of their fans that say we are obsessed with them. Fair enough when we play them but they are/should be an irrelevance to us as we won't play them unless we get a cup tie.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:38:35 AM »
Agreed,

Potentially part of the problem is that some of the fans have not been signing for so long that many have forgotten or do not know any other songs apart from the occasional "Sh*t on the Villa" etc. I have never really seen the point chanting about the team you are not playing against either!

We just need to get things going this weekend, keep it simple, sing about the new manager, the players and ourselves, more can come from that later! I just really want to see the ground rocking again, we can do it, we as the fans can make it happen and with a new wave of optimism and more fans piling into the ground with Pulis gone now is the time to press the issue with this.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »
It’s been awful for years and even our away support is poor noise wise with most sat down (but that’s a different topic!) I don’t think it’s just us though most premier league grounds are quiet and dare I say boring. The best thing about Pulis going was the ‘weve Got Tony Pulis’ song going with him! Without doubt the most cringy song in the history of football.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:08:22 AM »
All the more reason for us to do something about it then :D and yes any Pulis related songs are now consigned to the scrap heap which can only be a good thing.

Other than the standard Barmy Army song, anyone thought up anything for Pardew yet?  ;D

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 11:16:23 AM »
pre match music and the rubbish they come out too all needs changing. the music before the astle tribute game was pucka
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »
pre match music and the rubbish they come out too all needs changing. the music before the astle tribute game was pucka

Agree about the pre-match music but I'm sure that the music they come out to is Oh Fortuna! by Carl Orff and is the official Premier league music so I'd be amazed if we can change it.

I might have imagined it but didn't the players pick some of the music a few seasons back..seem to recall Billy Jones picked Motorhead: Ace Of Spades before a night game with (I think) Southampton?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 11:30:03 AM »
Agree about the pre-match music but I'm sure that the music they come out to is Oh Fortuna! by Carl Orff and is the official Premier league music so I'd be amazed if we can change it.

I might have imagined it but didn't the players pick some of the music a few seasons back..seem to recall Billy Jones picked Motorhead: Ace Of Spades before a night game with (I think) Southampton?

the other one is it sandstorm, mind you i aint been since bournemouth is it still played , i accept the one they shake hands to stays
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:31:44 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »
I think the newer music they recently changed the build up to for 5-10 mins before the game is a massive improvement personally, I used to really dislike the build up music, especially Insomnia, worst song ever to build a match up with! (the exception was the "out the tunnel" music that was ok)

Sadly wasn't able to attend the Astle game so not sure what they used?

I think hull is correct though, what the use currently coming out the tunnel is the crappy premier league template song for all clubs. bit pants really, but they have played the liquidator again recently after that so that works for me!

Let's spread the word to everyone to make the ground loud and proud this weekend. (if the club and local media can get on board with it too then that would be helpful, but I doubt any of them read these forums  ::))

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 11:44:56 AM »
I think the newer music they recently changed the build up to for 5-10 mins before the game is a massive improvement personally, I used to really dislike the build up music, especially Insomnia, worst song ever to build a match up with! (the exception was the "out the tunnel" music that was ok)

Sadly wasn't able to attend the Astle game so not sure what they used?

I think hull is correct though, what the use currently coming out the tunnel is the crappy premier league template song for all clubs. bit pants really, but they have played the liquidator again recently after that so that works for me!

Let's spread the word to everyone to make the ground loud and proud this weekend. (if the club and local media can get on board with it too then that would be helpful, but I doubt any of them read these forums  ::))

You would be surprised.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »
You would be surprised.

My thoughts exactly. You'd be surprised who reads these forums

He/him

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 12:38:11 PM »
The stewarding in the Brummie needs to be unshackled considerably too
The Smethwick can't carry all the load all the time, hard as we try too
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 12:43:15 PM »
The stewarding in the Brummie needs to be unshackled considerably too
The Smethwick can't carry all the load all the time, hard as we try too

Stewarding in the brummie is amongst the worst in the country IMO.
No common sense applied, whoever manages this needs to seriously get their risk assessments reviewed and re-evaluate what they are doing.
Zero tolerance is ridiculous in what is essentially already by design a safe environment.

The over zealous Stewarding definitely has a negative impact upon the match day experience.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 12:44:49 PM »
No common sense applied, whoever manages this needs to seriously get their risk assessments reviewed and re-evaluate what they are doing.
Zero tolerance is ridiculous in what is essentially already by design a safe environment.

The over zealous Stewarding definitely has a negative impact upon the match day experience.

It's ridiculous really and certainly kills any attempt at drumming up an atmosphere in the stand. To see 3,000 away fans all stood and many in the gangways and then to have an uppity steward coming to tell one lone person standing that they have to sit down is galling.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 12:46:13 PM »
I totally agree to be fair,

I think when the Smethwick enders get moved around the ground the drummer usually ends up in the Brummy road and then the stewards try shutting them down all game! That definitely needs to change.

Yes we all want safe grounds etc, but a man banging a drum to generate some atmosphere is not doing anyone any harm!

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 12:56:01 PM »
My thoughts exactly. You'd be surprised who reads these forums
I trust that whoever reads these forums (which confirms that they have time to waste) ignores the views expressed.
As an example, the manager poll on here attracted 516 votes.
What credence can be attached to such a small (and probably biased) sample?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 12:59:49 PM »
I trust that whoever reads these forums (which confirms that they have time to waste) ignores the views expressed.
small samples are the basis of most statistical analysis and are remarkably accurate, research capability studies for more info.

why would this site be biased on a particular subject, if you read most threads the divergence of opinions is large!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 01:00:57 PM »
I totally agree to be fair,

I think when the Smethwick enders get moved around the ground the drummer usually ends up in the Brummy road and then the stewards try shutting them down all game! That definitely needs to change.

Yes we all want safe grounds etc, but a man banging a drum to generate some atmosphere is not doing anyone any harm!

Unless you are sat in front of him!
MAGA!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »

I don't think they are running the club based on the whims of this forum (or at least I hope not), but local journalists will read this board, as well as some of the club that are concerned with fan engagement. Maybe even Policing

He/him

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 01:33:17 PM »
I don't think they are running the club based on the whims of this forum (or at least I hope not), but local journalists will read this board, as well as some of the club that are concerned with fan engagement. Maybe even Policing

All the more reason to get this thread full of posts and out to them! We need everyone to be on board if we want to change the atmosphere in the ground for the better.

Granted, this might not generate enough ground swell in time for the Palace game (clearly would love if it does) but we can at least get it going and in the media for the next games after that! I want us being loud and proud of our team for once!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 01:38:34 PM »

They should probably just read my posts, they tend to be spot on after all  ;D

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »
All we were missing was hope and anticipation. If we get that back and believe that we actually go into every game trying to win, rather than not lose, the atmosphere will change.
Tuesday was flat but I think we were still in limbo.
Ok, Pardew wasn't everybody's choice, but he should at least try and play the type of football that gets the juices flowing. Chuck in a few good results and the Hawthorns will be buzzing again.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 02:37:14 PM »

Give us some examples.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 02:41:49 PM »
Lets make some noise right up to the point where we concede , lol...........and the rest is history
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 02:52:47 PM »
Time for us to get over ourselves and keep the noise coming regardless then  ;D

The crowd has been, is and always will be the 12th man and we have to play our part. It all adds to the occasion and the better the atmosphere we can generate, the more attractive we are to prospective new young fans too. (Who we have failed miserably to capture under Pulis' reign despite being the only team in the area in the PL)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:15:00 PM by Dan87uk »