Author Topic: 9 Mar 2019 Albion 1 Ipswich Town 1  (Read 41938 times)

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »
Im sure all the happy clappers will be shouting this down but Big Dave was a legend as a player but simply isnt good enough as a manager. Was saved by Harvey Barnes at the start of the season and since he went back he has shown himself to be way out of his depth.

Big Dave i love you but time to go.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2019, 05:11:19 PM »
Have to start questioning the manager now, he's out of ideas at home. We should have lost today. Lucky deflection to take lead but glaringly obvious that Ipswich would score.
Bart!ey gets a !ot of stick but Dawson is an absolutely awful defender. Livermore consistently rubbish. Can't defend Moore after that but nor can anyone come on here and claim that this is the best squad in the league.
Need to hang on for play offs and hope for a bit of luck.
Dawson has been awful for weeks, looks like he doesn't care anymore and just playing out the season before he goes. 'd take the first bid that comes in for him.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2019, 05:16:04 PM »
Can we get a tactically astute.  Wait scratch that. Tactically competent coach in now please. Embarrassing for last few months now. I'm getting the same feelings towards the games now as I did with the end of TPs reign. Getting predictably boring now with the same embarrasing inevitability of being second best, lack of cohesion between the players with a complete lack of ideas and spark. Why oh why did Harvey Barnes have to get recalled its amazing how much he seemed to paper over the cracks. Too big of a risk with DM we need to act fast now if we want to get back into the prem and keep hold of Harper et al

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2019, 05:18:26 PM »
Just woeful, Changed the formation but yet still asking players to play that way is bad management. He can't even blame the away team sitting deep as an excuse either this time, As they had more chances!

Playoff job if were lucky.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #229 on: March 09, 2019, 05:18:57 PM »
System has needed changing for weeks. People have worked us out. Lack of proper width. The first choice full backs offer some but we never double up or get an overlap to get in behind. The wide strikers idea just isn't working.

We will do very well to make play offs at this rate our home form is abysmal and even if we go up we will be getting tanked weekly. Saying that I can't see us beating anybody over 2 legs we aren't ruthless enough

Manager needs to change his system or we will be in this league next year
O Albion we love you

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #230 on: March 09, 2019, 05:20:53 PM »
On the way back to the car. That waa shocking. I thought Ipswich were by far the better team. A better team would have annihilated us.

At times we dropped to a back 5 (yes against the bottom club). Too many players are happy jusy picking up a paycheck and DM is in over his head.

This club is successfully producing disaster after disaster.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #231 on: March 09, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »
Needs to sack his Analysis Analyst because they can't get anything right. Awful management, just awful. The amount of slack he gets is insane.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2019, 05:39:17 PM »
That was awful. No control at any point. Panic passing. Still sitting back when the goalie has possession and Doug this stupid playing out from the back thing.

Johnstone, Tosin, Dawson, Johansen, Murphy all absolutely dire along with the system. If Moore and Jones don’t rectify then big questions have to be asked of them
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2019, 05:41:02 PM »
That was awful. No control at any point. Panic passing. Still sitting back when the goalie has possession and Doug this stupid playing out from the back thing.

Johnstone, Tosin, Dawson, Johansen, Murphy all absolutely dire along with the system. If Moore and Jones don’t rectify then big questions have to be asked of them

I agree with all the players you mentioned expect Johnstone. Kept us in the game to be honest.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #234 on: March 09, 2019, 05:44:16 PM »
Not really seen it mentioned, but we had 3 of our 4 first choice defenders out today, and we still persisted with the playing out from the back that our first team defenders are awful at. There's sticking with a philosophy, and then there's being stubborn to the detriment of the team - possibly the only thing Moore and Jones excel at.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2019, 05:57:10 PM »
I’ve just listened to Darren’s post match Q@A. Can anyone tell me what he said, because I was watching a squirrel in the garden and completely lost my focus.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #236 on: March 09, 2019, 05:59:17 PM »
Classic 4-2-4 formation with two plodders in midfield and two clowns at centre back, not the hardest to play against. I just cannot for the life of me understand how anyone in their right mind could put that side out. It would appear Moore is utterly clueless.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2019, 06:01:38 PM »
I’ve just listened to Darren’s post match Q@A. Can anyone tell me what he said, because I was watching a squirrel in the garden and completely lost my focus.

Apparently we “played for the win today”. Such a brave approach against bottom of the league Ipswich

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2019, 06:05:25 PM »
A few positives:
Derby drew at home, Boro and Bristol City both lost at home therefore we actually consolidated our play off position.
We created more chances than of late. On another day we could have won 4-3.

Sorry, that's all I can come up with but at least it's something.

No way we can sack Moore now, that would be ridiculous, we have to see this season out. We ARE still in contention for promotion, to change now would be madness.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #239 on: March 09, 2019, 06:06:26 PM »
1-0 lead is never enough. We should have scored again when we were on top. One of football's basic lessons.

At no point during today’s game were we on top.

Outplayed by a side that are bottom of the league for good reason.

It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2019, 06:07:01 PM »
His stewardship is starting to remind me of Alan Irvines time in charge all over the place with no idea what he is doing.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2019, 06:07:08 PM »
To change now would give us the chance to get back to the Prem. To not change is too admit defeat and resign to CHampo football at best for the 3-5 years.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »
A few positives:
Derby drew at home, Boro and Bristol City both lost at home therefore we actually consolidated our play off position.

No way we can sack Moore now, that would be ridiculous, we have to see this season out. We ARE still in contention for promotion, to change now would be madness.

On most other days we could have lost 2-1
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2019, 06:09:35 PM »
What the bloody hell was going on out there today? I seemed to spend the entire game trying to figure out what system we were meant to be playing. First it seemed to be 4-3-3 then it seemed to be 5-2-3 then it seemed to be 4-2-4. No wonder the players looked all over the place, we were a mess all afternoon. Most teams in the modern game try and dominate the midfield, for most of this game we had TWO in midfield. They had a thankless task.

Any ideas what Moore and Jones are trying to do with this group of players, because I haven't a clue.

That standard of performance today was going back to the late 80's and the 90's it was that bad.

Listening to Darren Moore's interview after the match he constantly stated how we were trying to win the game, their keeper kept them in it and second half was end to end.

No Darren it was a mess.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2019, 06:10:23 PM »
Awful, boring, predictable, what was the formation or the plan as I have absolutely no idea and I don't think the 11 blokes in Albion shirts had either. Subs so predictable that you could pick them before the game started, Morrison guaranteed to come on, Brunt guaranteed to come on until Tosin screwed that one up and we stuck Field at centre half, go 3 at the back and get Montero on, go for the bleedin win. Only shock sub was Leko, he seemed that shocked he spent 10 minutes fiddling around with his boots ffs

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2019, 06:11:15 PM »
A few positives:

of course club can sack him if they realise he's not up to job still 30 points to play for.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #246 on: March 09, 2019, 06:16:08 PM »
To play the ball out from the back with 3 central defenders, you've got to have players who are comfortable on the ball.
I watched Ajax against Madrid during the week playing a similar system with 3 central defenders and wing backs and it worked perfectly.Madrid pressed high up to force errors, but Ajax players were so good and comfortable on the ball, that they played their way out quickly and through the midfiel, and absolutely no long humps forward.
But Albion don't have the players who can control and pass the ball accurately under pressure, so errors are pre-programmed. So the defenders have problems getting the ball into the midfield, where we have also lost Harvey Barnes, who could carry the ball forward.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #247 on: March 09, 2019, 06:27:50 PM »
There is no defending that performance

Utter garbage from start to finish - every single one of them from the playing staff to the coaching staff looked clueless.

I still cannot say what our plan was out there - the midfield had no control and the whipping boys of this division gave us the run around.

The back four were appalling, Livermore and Johansen were extremely poor. Murphy is one of the most powder duff players I’ve seen.

Complete and utter rubbish

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2019, 06:34:23 PM »
delaying travelling back' to North Wales til tomorrow, I need a drink after watching that. sorry if this upsets some but Moore is not a manager. he's got this far because he's got a team better than most in this league, but to take it further requires some tactical ability. to say automatic promotion is looking beyond us with 10 games to play is shocking.
this gamble could cost us years in the championship.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2019, 06:37:46 PM »

I agree with Mister AT, all players mentioned where not good enough, with the exception of Johnstone.

I'm still on the fence with him (Johnstone) but he made sure we got something out of the game today which we honestly didn't deserve.