Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123433 times)

teaguey

• Youth Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #1075 on: April 26, 2016, 04:17:03 PM »
His touch does appear poor at times, such as the first half. But I am a fan, a real fan and I wish we could give him a better supply. I recall his goal v leicester, where he was offered it along the deck and we all know the rest. I think he could be great if our supply wasn't always so 'Direct' (lofted over) and was more calculated.
Follow me: @teaguey91

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1076 on: May 01, 2016, 04:58:28 PM »
Any idea where he's gone the past few months ?  He had began to a look player but now seems to have gone backwards again we yet another poor home performance yesterday.

An season not too dissimilar to Ideye last year.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1077 on: May 01, 2016, 06:38:28 PM »
Far more presence than Ideye ever had. A pretty decent 1st season in the prem and hope for more with some better ammunition next season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1078 on: May 01, 2016, 07:22:40 PM »
In a side which creates more chances (West Ham, Southampton, etc) he'd comfortably get 12-15 goals in a season (just see his career history).

No striker would thrive when put into a team playing our current style.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1079 on: May 11, 2016, 08:55:56 AM »
Rondon will be changing to number 9 next season from number 33. Interesting we didn't have a registered number 9 this season, Brown Ideye wore the shirt the year before.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/rondon-to-become-albions-new-number-nine-3105754.aspx

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1080 on: May 11, 2016, 09:37:33 AM »
Rondon will be changing to number 9 next season from number 33. Interesting we didn't have a registered number 9 this season, Brown Ideye wore the shirt the year before.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/rondon-to-become-albions-new-number-nine-3105754.aspx

I imagine the squad numbers have to be confirmed before the season starts early August and Ideye was still here until the end of that month so would have kept it at the time with Rondon having the number 33 confirmed, not sure if you can change them after the season starts or not.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1081 on: May 11, 2016, 11:42:29 AM »
I imagine the squad numbers have to be confirmed before the season starts early August and Ideye was still here until the end of that month so would have kept it at the time with Rondon having the number 33 confirmed, not sure if you can change them after the season starts or not.

Good point, I didn't realise we didn't sell Ideye until 31St August, thought he'd gone long before then

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1082 on: May 11, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »

Aguero I changed from 16 to 10 once Dzeko had left, he then paid for all the city fans who had already brought an 'aguero 16' shirt to have a new one
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1083 on: May 11, 2016, 08:04:33 PM »
Aguero I changed from 16 to 10 once Dzeko had left, he then paid for all the city fans who had already brought an 'aguero 16' shirt to have a new one

Aguero took the number 10 before the season officially started so a slightly different situation to Rondon and Ideye. I assume City were confident the move away for Dzeko was imminent as it was less than a week later he left whereas there was probably less certainty from us that Ideye would leave at the time the numbers were registered.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1084 on: May 12, 2016, 05:14:50 PM »
I always assumed Rondon took 33 as a holdover while waiting and seeing whether McAuley would remain with the team since the number he really wants is 23. It's a lot easier from a marketing standpoint to drop 33 than 9 for 23.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1085 on: May 17, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »
Another good display. Was great and Bournemouth and again on Sunday. Finished the season really well and the amount he's got with little supply and boring tactics is a good achievement not to be overlooked.

Get someone close to him next season and he will score 15+
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1086 on: May 17, 2016, 12:49:13 PM »
Overall i'm more than happy with Big Ron saying its been his 1st season in the prem where he had to quickly get up to speed with the squad while also playing & traveling for his country.
Well done mukka, with a bit of luck next season we will have brought players into our squad that can feed & support you then
15-20 goals would easily be within your grasp.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1087 on: May 17, 2016, 01:15:28 PM »
He is head and shoulders above what else we have in the strikers' department.
I can see him being poached when another team come calling and offer a few ££££'s in front of JP.
The playing management must play to his strengths and not just the occasional hoof up to him.
Encourage him to want to remain here.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1088 on: May 17, 2016, 05:12:00 PM »
He is head and shoulders above what else we have in the strikers' department.
I can see him being poached when another team come calling and offer a few ££££'s in front of JP.
The playing management must play to his strengths and not just the occasional hoof up to him.
Encourage him to want to remain here.

I had a Chelsea fan tell me if he was running things Rondon would be one of his priorities. Difficult to see that happen but I was surprised to hear that.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1089 on: May 17, 2016, 05:19:15 PM »
He is our top scorer this season with 10 goals, and lets be fair he ran around like a headless chicken to start with because we were not providing him with the service, and he was getting used to life in the Premier.
He now seems to have become settled in the PL, and service is improving, so I think he could be nearer to 20 goals next year......
MAGA!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1090 on: May 17, 2016, 06:34:47 PM »
No way will he get 20 goals for us IMO. Firstly I can't see him getting the service and secondly he just doesn't look clinical enough.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1091 on: May 17, 2016, 06:48:17 PM »
No way will he get 20 goals for us IMO. Firstly I can't see him getting the service and secondly he just doesn't look clinical enough.

I agree. Certainly need a partner for him next season who could also look to get around 10 goals. That and the midfield chipping in with a few and I'd be happier

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1092 on: May 18, 2016, 12:25:04 AM »
I don't believe Rondon has ever had a 20-goal season so that's something to keep in mind. He's in his prime though but I don't foresee the club making the kind of immediate turn around that can take a player from 10 to 20 goals.

Then again Saido did just go from 20 to 7  :-\

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1093 on: May 18, 2016, 07:25:45 AM »
Pulis has never had a striker who has scored more than 12 goals in a season. If you look at the stats Rondon is getting 2 shots a game whereas a Harry Kane is getting 4 Rondon's and Kane's shot accuracy is about 50%. If we swapped the two players we would get similar results.

Talking about a 20 goal striker in a side that will do well to score 40 goals in a a season is just silly.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1094 on: May 18, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »
I actually said that he could get nearer 20 goals, not that he will get 20..... he has done well to get 10 this year IMO given the appalling service he has received......
MAGA!

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1095 on: May 18, 2016, 08:20:35 AM »
if we can get a good no 10 alongside rondon I think he's capable of getting 15 goals. in his first season in England its not a bad return so far and he's outscored some decent players who've  cost a fortune , and we all know what little service he's had in many games. 
sturridge
rooney
mbokani
ayew
de bruyne
bojan
mata
pedro
Gomez
ozil
some big names there so he's done ok for me.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1096 on: May 18, 2016, 08:29:37 AM »
if we can get a good no 10 alongside rondon I think he's capable of getting 15 goals. in his first season in England its not a bad return so far and he's outscored some decent players who've  cost a fortune , and we all know what little service he's had in many games. 
sturridge
rooney
mbokani
ayew
de bruyne
bojan
mata
pedro
Gomez
ozil
some big names there so he's done ok for me.

You cant really qoute majority of those players though as they all play in different positions, the only strikers on that list are Sturridge (whos been injured for 70% of the season) Rooney (whos been injured and converted to a deeper role) and Mbokani.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1097 on: May 18, 2016, 08:38:32 AM »
You cant really qoute majority of those players though as they all play in different positions, the only strikers on that list are Sturridge (whos been injured for 70% of the season) Rooney (whos been injured and converted to a deeper role) and Mbokani.
I agree they are not all strikers, but he's scored as many as benteke and carroll.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1098 on: May 18, 2016, 12:09:21 PM »
10 goals in his first season; in a side as negative and unenterprising as ours, with Gardener and McLean being your supply line for much of it is nothing short of miraculous. If he had signed for West Ham or Southampton he would have scored 15-20 goals and been spoken about as one of the transfer coups of the season.

Well done Solomon.
"This crack is really moreish."

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1099 on: May 18, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »
10 goals is a great return from the Salomon as the previous post states having such low service and still getting that amount is fantastic.

Get him the right supply and he will score much more.

My boss is an Arsenal fan and STH and he was impressed with him at the Emirates.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts