Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123036 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #850 on: January 26, 2016, 08:17:52 AM »
Very few forwards have ever scored more than 10 goals in a Pulis team so forget any notion that Rondon or anybody else will. I have sympathy for Rondon because he is frequently feeding off scraps and most of the time he is not getting to see the ball in the box. Obviously this is a complete contrast to the service he was getting at Zenit.

My view is that you can bolt any player in world onto to the front of a Pulis side and they will struggle. As an aside the much praised creative talents at Palace and Stoke have thus far scored two more goals than us this season. Our squad isn't without attacking talent but our tactics are very negative we accrue points by defending just get used to the idea our forward players work hard but don't score lots of goals.

Rondon he works hard fair enough
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #851 on: January 26, 2016, 10:39:58 PM »
I'd be interested to see a statistic on how many of Rondon's shots are actually on target. I can't remember that many.
If he is only getting a low percentage of shots on goal, that  makes the lack of chances being created, an even greater problem. He being the player furthest forward in the formation, where you would expect most chances to fall.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #852 on: January 26, 2016, 10:43:57 PM »
I'd be interested to see a statistic on how many of Rondon's shots are actually on target. I can't remember that many.
If he is only getting a low percentage of shots on goal, that  makes the lack of chances being created, an even greater problem. He being the player furthest forward in the formation, where you would expect most chances to fall.

For what it's worth he scores virtually every time in the kick in pre match.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #853 on: January 26, 2016, 10:57:48 PM »
41 shots, 40% accuracy apparently.

For comparison
Berahino: 16 attempts, 64% accuracy
Lambert : 14 attempts, 36% accuracy
Anichebe: 9 attempts, 40% accuracy
Jamie Vardy: 76 attempts, 57% accuracy
Harry Kane : 88 attempts, 66% accuracy
Lukaku : 82 attempts, 48% accuracy

Interestingly
Craig Dawson: 19 attempts, 50% accuracy

and our most accurate?
James Morrison : 24 attempts, 67% accuracy.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:00:51 PM by VVVAlbion »
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #854 on: January 27, 2016, 09:58:55 AM »
Says it all really, the likes of Kane and Lukaku have twice as many chances than he does and that is down to the set up of the team. He doesn't really stand a chance. I bet there are midfielders, even defenders, for other clubs who have had more chances than Rondon.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #855 on: January 27, 2016, 10:25:55 AM »
The stats are rubbish anyway in my opinion, you can't compare different types of chances.

How many has he had like West Ham away where he really should have scored? Most of his chances that I can remember have been from outside/edge of the box and quite frankly not the easiest, I think its fair to say he really should have hit the target more but expecting him to score many more would be harsh given the poor chances we are setting him up with.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:40:15 AM by B_H_Baggie »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #856 on: January 27, 2016, 10:37:08 AM »
41 shots, 40% accuracy apparently.

I must have blinked and missed that......

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:39:24 AM by B_H_Baggie »
MAGA!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #857 on: January 27, 2016, 11:56:05 AM »
The stats are rubbish anyway in my opinion, you can't compare different types of chances.

How many has he had like West Ham away where he really should have scored? Most of his chances that I can remember have been from outside/edge of the box and quite frankly not the easiest, I think its fair to say he really should have hit the target more but expecting him to score many more would be harsh given the poor chances we are setting him up with.
The likes of Kane and Lukaku have no doubt missed chances that were every bit as easy, but they go unnoticed because of the ones they put away.
40% of 40 is 16, so that means he's had less than one shot on target per game. He'd have to be Deadeye Dick to get a decent return on that.
Don't get me wrong, he's not the best striker we ever had, but I think we make him look worse than he is.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #858 on: January 27, 2016, 11:58:22 AM »
With our midfield and the way we set up in general we could make any striker look rubbish.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #859 on: January 27, 2016, 12:26:40 PM »
With our midfield and the way we set up in general we could make any striker look rubbish.

Berahino didn't look rubbish last season. Rondon isn't the right man for us. We will never change our style (whilst TP is here anyhow) and Rondon will never create his own chances. A Walters or Crouch would do much better in our side because their all round play is better IMO.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #860 on: January 27, 2016, 12:39:13 PM »
Berahino didn't look rubbish last season. Rondon isn't the right man for us. We will never change our style (whilst TP is here anyhow) and Rondon will never create his own chances. A Walters or Crouch would do much better in our side because their all round play is better IMO.
Have either of them ever played such an isolated role though?
I have to be honest, I can't think of a single striker who would fit our current system.

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #861 on: January 27, 2016, 12:49:40 PM »
Didn't Saido spend a lot of time out on the wings last season, wasn't a large portion of his goals penalties as well ?

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #862 on: January 27, 2016, 12:52:20 PM »

This begs the question why was he bought! Surely if you are paying that sort of money for a player somebody should be doing their homework. It seems obvious he is not suited to the way TP sets up, therefore in reality a waste of money (Personally i think he is a good striker who is not being utilised to his strengths).

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #863 on: January 27, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
Have either of them ever played such an isolated role though?
I have to be honest, I can't think of a single striker who would fit our current system.

The problem with Rondon is that the ball just doesn't stick to him. His touch is poor at times. If he could just hold on to it a bit more then we may just have a chance of getting some players up to support him. Crouch or Walters would do this far better IMO. I was never a big fan of MAF or Long whilst they were here but they would both fare better in this side IMO.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #864 on: January 27, 2016, 01:01:02 PM »
This begs the question why was he bought! Surely if you are paying that sort of money for a player somebody should be doing their homework. It seems obvious he is not suited to the way TP sets up, therefore in reality a waste of money (Personally i think he is a good striker who is not being utilised to his strengths).

Absolutely. There has been no logic to our recruitment for a long time. We sign 'bodies' in desperation to fill the squad. Whether TP signs players in the hope they do adapt to his style I don't know. It will take a major overhaul of playing staff and playing style to get the best out of Rondon here which lets face it isn't going to happen any time soon.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #865 on: January 27, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »
Ive been banging on about this with pulis wasting money,  its becoming more and more apparent.

Look at Ideye Brown, same thing is happening here with Rondon. I feel sorry for him.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #866 on: January 27, 2016, 05:39:38 PM »
Didn't Saido spend a lot of time out on the wings last season, wasn't a large portion of his goals penalties as well ?
got a fair few from general set pieces too.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #867 on: January 27, 2016, 05:57:18 PM »
Ive been banging on about this with pulis wasting money,  its becoming more and more apparent.

Look at Ideye Brown, same thing is happening here with Rondon. I feel sorry for him.

Pulls didn't buy Ideye.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #868 on: January 27, 2016, 08:06:52 PM »

As mentioned by someone else Saido got a fair few of his goals from out wide.

The midfield and general set up are more of an issue than Rondon himself. I agree that he must improve his all round play though I don't think that has been good enough.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:09:28 PM by B_H_Baggie »

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #869 on: January 29, 2016, 10:13:44 AM »
From Pulis's press conference this morning...

Tony Pulis took West Brom record signing Salomon Rondon out for dinner to cheer the player up. Not word yet if the Baggies boss wore his baseball cap.

"I took Salomon Rondon and the other South American lads out for dinner this week with their families. Salomon is in good spirits."

So did you pick up the bill, Tony?

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #870 on: January 29, 2016, 10:15:38 AM »
From Pulis's press conference this morning...

Tony Pulis took West Brom record signing Salomon Rondon out for dinner to cheer the player up. Not word yet if the Baggies boss wore his baseball cap.

"I took Salomon Rondon and the other South American lads out for dinner this week with their families. Salomon is in good spirits."

He should take the 20,000 plus that attended the Vile game last Saturday to cheer us up!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #871 on: January 29, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »

Seriously doubt that JP did anyway, he's still bruised from supplying TP with the old newspaper for his self funded fish supper the other week  ;).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #872 on: February 02, 2016, 10:22:35 PM »
it was night and day watching Rondon for most of the game up until Saido and Anichebe were brought in to play alongside him.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #873 on: February 10, 2016, 08:22:42 PM »
It's mind blowing that he is still picking picked as the main striker. He is actively hiding from the ball. Lambert cannot be any worse.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #874 on: February 10, 2016, 08:23:26 PM »
It's mind blowing that he is still picking picked as the main striker. He is actively hiding from the ball. Lambert cannot be any worse.

Have you seen Lambert live lately!!!!!!!
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !