Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123435 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #725 on: January 19, 2016, 09:42:19 AM »
You can play any striker in the world up front for us but if they only get something like one chance a game on average they are never going to have a great goal return. Rondon probably should have done a little better with some of the chances he's had with us but I don't see the point in writing him off just yet.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #726 on: January 19, 2016, 09:49:35 AM »
You can play any striker in the world up front for us but if they only get something like one chance a game on average they are never going to have a great goal return. Rondon probably should have done a little better with some of the chances he's had with us but I don't see the point in writing him off just yet.

Agree with that conclusion.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #727 on: January 19, 2016, 09:50:44 AM »
Against Southampton we had no one in view of whichever the midfield was stood in pompey I thought, they was that far apart.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #728 on: January 19, 2016, 09:55:50 AM »
I personnally didnt say i preferred Brown over Rondon, someone mentioned it on WM last night
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #729 on: January 19, 2016, 10:10:38 AM »

You're right, even the best strikers miss chances every week but they usually get 3 or 4 on a plate. I think Realistically he should have double his tally but i wouldn't hold it against him and i hope he's given a chance to settle and enjoy a second season. He'd benefit from a more creative player in the number 10 role and genuine wingers on both sides.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #730 on: January 19, 2016, 12:49:14 PM »
No.

Ideye has done nothing in his career.

Rondon has scored goals in Russia & at international level, he will come good. Not his fault our midfielders are clowns.

121 goals in 302 apps - hardly nothing is it?

Personally I didn't rate him but he won't be the first player to do well before and after coming here yet flop with us. Rondon will be the same IMO and you have the likes of Valero and Rosenberg who also didn't hit it off here.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #731 on: January 19, 2016, 12:58:17 PM »
The only difference between Rondon and Ideye so far is Rondon can actually head the ball.

I never thought that Ideye wasn't good enough, merely that he didn't suit the Premier League, and I'm starting to think the same about Rondon. He's been bought as a big, battering-ram centre forward, in the old English style, but he doesn't seem cut out for it.

I doubt he'll be here next season tbh.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #732 on: January 19, 2016, 01:19:57 PM »
121 goals in 302 apps - hardly nothing is it?

Personally I didn't rate him but he won't be the first player to do well before and after coming here yet flop with us. Rondon will be the same IMO and you have the likes of Valero and Rosenberg who also didn't hit it off here.

If you are going to compare the two you have to take into account the quality of the leagues they have played in and I don't think there is any doubt that Rondon has played in stronger leagues than Ideye has.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #733 on: January 19, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »
Rondon hasn't had it easy. Forced to play up on his own, having to jet around the world for international duty. It's been pretty difficult for him but he's done well, he has just lacked goals.

The second season may see him come good. I'd stick with him for now.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #734 on: January 19, 2016, 01:51:03 PM »
No point in comparing Ideye and Rondon, apart from the fact they are both foreign strikers bought for silly money there really is little comparison.

For what it's worth I'm far from convinced by Rondon. Decent in the air but despite the lack of service and poor tactics, he's still managed less goals than Berahino in probably double the amount of minutes on the pitch if not more.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #735 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:46 PM »
I would have liked to have seen them both given more time together & to settle into the team & league.
I would have loved to have seen us play Solomon,Bobby & Saido up front to :-* :( :( :(

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #736 on: January 19, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »
I think that rondon is a clever player and he will Get better,he's just what we need,he's quality he needs the service,he's 10 times the player ideye was.why do so many so called fans complain? What do some expect?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #737 on: January 19, 2016, 04:43:18 PM »
Rondon only needs a number 10 and a winger to work with

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #738 on: January 19, 2016, 04:43:27 PM »
I think that rondon is a clever player and he will Get better,he's just what we need,he's quality he needs the service,he's 10 times the player ideye was.why do so many so called fans complain? What do some expect?

Take one of he's chances that's presented to him, I like him I think he would do well with a Berahino type player in an attacking side.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #739 on: January 19, 2016, 05:12:40 PM »
Rondon only needs a number 10 and a winger to work with

Will that improve his first touch and finishing too?  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #740 on: January 19, 2016, 08:23:06 PM »
Awful first touch, rubbish at shooting, no real pace, can't hold ball up, can't link with midfield, no football nous, 3 goals in 16 games which is shocking. Yes the service is dire but he is just as bad. He can attack a cross that is it. The sort of player I'd expect for a £1-£2m outlay. Wouldn't set the championship on fire which sums it up. A disastrous signing all round. Yes he scored in Russia for their dominant team. Bit like managing 15 goals as a striker for Celtic. In summary a colossal waste of money and an embarrassment to the scouts / football director / board / manager.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:25:22 PM by baggie82 »

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #741 on: January 19, 2016, 08:44:10 PM »
I hope that he proves me wrong but Rondon will never be a goal scorer at premier league level.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #742 on: January 19, 2016, 08:45:03 PM »
I hope that he proves me wrong but Rondon will never be a goal scorer at premier league level.

Not with Pulis tactics he won't.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #743 on: January 19, 2016, 08:50:40 PM »
He wouldn't score goals with Mowbray in charge, Pulis is negative and a bore but the player isn't good enough. Just look at the goals / game ration between him and Saido.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #744 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01:09 PM »
just scored  ;)

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #745 on: January 19, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »
It worked come on Salomon lets go on a scoring run now including premier league games

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #746 on: January 19, 2016, 09:33:13 PM »
Glad he scored but very unimpressed with him and the team generally.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #747 on: January 19, 2016, 09:45:32 PM »
Amazing how quick players get wrote off on here at times.

How about we let the bloke get used to the country as well as the football and see how he goes next season, not all players take to a different league straight away.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #748 on: January 19, 2016, 09:55:20 PM »
Will see the best of Ronni next season

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #749 on: January 19, 2016, 09:58:08 PM »
Will see the best of Ronni next season

Hope so, there is one hell of a striker in there somewhere!
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan