Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123448 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2015, 08:29:58 AM »
As he's Venezuelan, will he need a work permit or does he qualify to play in Europe some other way?

It looks like he's been on the bench for Zenit's first 3 league games of the season, despite scoring 20 goals in 44 games for them last season. He did play in 3 games at COPA 2015 in June though.

He should/may qualify for a permit if these articles are anything to go by.
(Ed' at 13:02: unless he already qualifies via an EU passport which I meant to type in earlier  ??? )

Taken from the Metro when Rondon was linked to both Liverpool and Spurs in March:

“The 25-year-old would qualify for a work permit as he is a regular in the Venezuela team with 12 goals in 36 games for his country”.

Article linked below:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/01/tottenham-hotspur-and-liverpool-plot-transfer-raid-on-zenit-saint-petersburgs-salomon-rondon-5058239/

Meanwhile the criteria for work permits’ from none EU countries states:

“1. A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches of which he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application

2. The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application”.

Source linked below:

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballer-work-permits.htm

Venezuela’s current world ranking is 48:

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/associations/association=ven/men/index.html

The 'only' fly in the ointment is that according to the attached ranking chart Venezuela were ranked 88 last year. However, this was the only time in which they have dropped from the top 70 of world rankings since 2006 so 'may' be taken into account perhaps. Either that, or this is the reason the 'big' boys have not bid for him thus far perhaps!?!

Hope this helps.
 :).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:04:06 PM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2015, 09:44:22 AM »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »
From the 442 article the words that matter

“He’s a young man who likes to work hard,” Pellegrini said in 2012. “From the outset he’s always shown willingness to evolve and learn day after day. He’s still at that stage where he has a long way to go, but it is a privilege to have him in the team.”

That makes him a Pulis type player and the stuff about working hard out of possession would be music to TP's ears.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2015, 11:19:54 AM »
Hope this helps.
 :).
It does - thanks for the info SmethDan. Fingers crossed that things don't founder because of a work permit issue if we do sign him.

Cheers

Chris

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »
Sky sports really don't have a clue do they,

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/9941039/salomon-rondon-set-to-join-west-brom-in-club-record-deal-sky-sources-understand

"Rondon would become Tony Pulis’ seventh summer signing of the summer and the club’s second new striker following the arrival of Rickie Lambert from Liverpool."

Seventh?

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2015, 11:41:33 AM »
Wonder if this could get announced today or the club will just wait until Monday?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2015, 11:42:29 AM »
Wonder if this could get announced today or the club will just wait until Monday?

presenting him to the crowd on Monday i would guess
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2015, 11:43:44 AM »

presenting him to the crowd on Monday i would guess

They may present him to the crowd but I'm referring to breaking the news that he has signed.

Edit
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:53:36 AM by baggie38 »

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2015, 11:46:56 AM »
They may present him to the crowd but I'm receding to breaking the news that he has signed.

Receding?

Baggie38 - does this mean berahino is gone as reporting on twitter?
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »
They may present him to the crowd but I'm receding to breaking the news that he has signed.

I know this is beginning to drag a bit, but it's not worth pulling your hair out over chap.
 ;).

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2015, 11:54:50 AM »
Receding?

Baggie38 - does this mean berahino is gone as reporting on twitter?

Take what you read on Twitter as gossip and nothing more. The club are planning on playing rondon with berahinio as far as I'm aware the situation hasn't changed the club have received no bids for Saido.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »
If Albion do sign this lad my gut feeling is saido will go . Mind you 25million would mean we can carry on strengthening in other areas . This is only the start of tony PULIS revamping our squad .

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2015, 11:58:20 AM »
If Albion do sign this lad my gut feeling is saido will go . Mind you 25million would mean we can carry on strengthening in other areas . This is only the start of tony PULIS revamping our squad .

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but honestly I think that's just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2015, 12:09:40 PM »
Why is it I always feel that any new proposed signing is going to fall though at the last minute. So just for my piece of my mind just how close are we of signing Rondon.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2015, 12:11:19 PM »
Thanks Baggie . I wasn't wishfull thinking . I'm more shell shocked with us spending some money .

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »
Why is it I always feel that any new proposed signing is going to fall though at the last minute. So just for my piece of my mind just how close are we of signing Rondon.

If you believe what the Express and Star said last night the fee is agreed between the clubs, medical has been passed, personal terms agreed and we are waiting for international clearance. With all of that in mind I would find it staggering if it fell through now.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »
If you believe what the Express and Star said last night the fee is agreed between the clubs, medical has been passed, personal terms agreed and we are waiting for international clearance. With all of that in mind I would find it staggering if it fell through now.

Doesn't that mean we can announce it now but just have to say "subject to gaining international Clearance"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:51:26 PM by baggie38 »

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »
No idea, I don't claim to be in the know about these things.

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2015, 12:45:09 PM »
Doesn't that mean we can announce it now but just have to say "subject to gaining international Clarence"

Think you may have been cross eyed when your wrote this bit.

Pretty sure we announced well in advance of Brown Ideye's international clearance and Gamboa's caused some questions too due to him missing international games.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:46:52 PM by LoxleyBaggie »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2015, 12:53:17 PM »

Don't mean to be picky, but in fairness having just watched the video which was attached to that story, Madeley only says states the deal is 'close'.

Despite the accompanying text saying otherwise, the header also says 'close'.

He does not actually say that everything has been agreed and believes there may still be some talking to do.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »
Don't mean to be picky, but in fairness having just watched the video which was attached to that story, Madeley only says states the deal is 'close'.

Despite the accompanying text saying otherwise, the header also says 'close'.

He does not actually say that everything has been agreed and believes there may still be some talking to do.

If I remember right the video was posted earlier in the day while the article was updated after the video was posted.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »
Not seen the video just read the article attached to it late last night.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2015, 12:58:32 PM »
If I remember right the video was posted earlier in the day while the article was updated after the video was posted.

Fair do's '38, I had no idea they had staggered the timings.
Cheers for that.
 8).

ABaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2015, 12:59:30 PM »
Think you may have been cross eyed when your wrote this bit.

Pretty sure we announced well in advance of Brown Ideye's international clearance and Gamboa's caused some questions too due to him missing international games.

Brown & Gamboa both had to wait for work permits. This is different to international clearance. I have taken this to mean that like many south Americans Rondon has a Spanish passport. With a Spanish passport he wont need a work permit and so the club are simply waiting for his registration to be transferred from the Russian fa to the English fa. I may be wrong though