Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 446702 times)

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1225 on: May 03, 2016, 03:18:06 PM »
People have said he goes missing but there's also been a number of games where we've been pinned in our own half/box and Morrison has carried the team forward. He's the only player in the team that 'drives' forward with the ball. Something that certainly none of our other central midfield players do.

True but I think we can comfortably pick up another player who does this and is younger than Morrison in the summer for 5 million or so

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1226 on: May 03, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »
Creates room for another centre back in the squad.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1227 on: May 03, 2016, 06:06:33 PM »
True but I think we can comfortably pick up another player who does this and is younger than Morrison in the summer for 5 million or so
I would be very dissapointed if he goes, because it's not as easy as simply going out and spending £5 million with an instant replacement, I wish it was.

As has been said, him and Sess are our ONLY two dribblers which are desperately needed in a Pulis team (maybe Leko too?)

Lose him and it makes us even less creative. That is, if he's not replaced properly.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1228 on: May 03, 2016, 11:17:37 PM »
Won't play for WBA again. Injury prone now. Gave a lot for the club though.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

hollisk

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1229 on: May 03, 2016, 11:23:21 PM »
For the last 5 seasons he has played over 30 games each. He has one Injury in January and that makes him injury prone????  :o

Are you in the training ground every day watching him? Your statement is based on what?

Please don't go around making claims you cant prove and that have no evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1230 on: May 03, 2016, 11:43:47 PM »
Some odd posts the last few days on here. Morrison is head and shoulders our best midfield player since Brunt has been moved to left back.

The only reason he hasn't re-signed yet is because he can get a better deal elsewhere in the Premier League.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1231 on: May 04, 2016, 07:49:40 AM »
Morrison is one of the first names on the team sheet when fit. Has ups and downs in form like any player but has been our most consistent performer for years.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1232 on: May 04, 2016, 08:23:23 AM »
Be a sad day if he does leave.  I know there should be no sentiment in football but I really hope, form permitting, that both Morrison and Brunt finish their careers with us.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1233 on: May 04, 2016, 08:30:05 AM »
Be a sad day if he does leave.  I know there should be no sentiment in football but I really hope, form permitting, that both Morrison and Brunt finish their careers with us.

Hear, hear
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1234 on: May 04, 2016, 10:31:11 AM »
Some odd posts the last few days on here. Morrison is head and shoulders our best midfield player since Brunt has been moved to left back.

The only reason he hasn't re-signed yet is because he can get a better deal elsewhere in the Premier League.
Not so much "best", but just different - with Brunt at Left Back, he's the only one who can make the time to look for a dangerous pass from a forward midfield position... and then actually do it.  (Dorrans could too, but the problem was he couldn't do much else!)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1235 on: May 04, 2016, 11:27:46 AM »
If Morrison is as good as people make out then he won't be short of offers. Time will tell.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1236 on: May 04, 2016, 11:53:50 AM »
Short interview with Morrison from Brummie Mail, suggests he will sign a new contract.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-albion-midfielder-could-11280230
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1237 on: May 04, 2016, 01:27:26 PM »
Short interview with Morrison from Brummie Mail, suggests he will sign a new contract.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-albion-midfielder-could-11280230

I'm not convinced he will, all depends on the Middlesbrough situation IMHO.
Baggie in Southampton

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1238 on: May 04, 2016, 11:45:43 PM »
This contract scenario is like a soap opera. I hope he stays he's one of our only genuinely quality midfielders.
O Albion we love you

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1239 on: May 05, 2016, 07:19:14 AM »
Morrison and Brunt should go, no pace no skill, not prem quality and people who say they are basically living in the pas at least 5 years.
Brunt and Morrison could not beat an egg, Leko in one game has done more than both over the season, 3 crosses and a dribble and we dont know if he is any good yet, one swallow does not make a summer . Ollie given a contract ridiculous we are going down next season with these guys old, slow, no fight and without our 8 1 1 formation and some unusual results we would have gone this one.
Can anyone say we played well this season ?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:26:27 AM by Dexy »

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1240 on: May 05, 2016, 08:37:53 AM »
Morrison and Brunt should go, no pace no skill, not prem quality and people who say they are basically living in the pas at least 5 years.
Brunt and Morrison could not beat an egg, Leko in one game has done more than both over the season, 3 crosses and a dribble and we dont know if he is any good yet, one swallow does not make a summer . Ollie given a contract ridiculous we are going down next season with these guys old, slow, no fight and without our 8 1 1 formation and some unusual results we would have gone this one.

Funny how we lose Morrison and Brunt and the results go off a cliff.  ::)
Baggie in Southampton

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1241 on: May 05, 2016, 09:20:14 AM »

Possibly the most ridiculous post I've read in ages.
 Morrison has scored 4 goals this season and 3 assists and has been out since Jan 13th. Brunt also has 3 assists no other players have more than those two.
I'm not denying that Leko looks promising but to say he's done more in 1 match than Morrison and Brunt have in the season so far is stupid.
Morrison has been out for 15 games and Brunt for 8 who's to say they wouldn't have both added to their goal and assists totals if they'd not been injured.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1242 on: May 05, 2016, 09:21:46 AM »

Hello Mr Irvine, how have you been the last 12 months?

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1243 on: May 05, 2016, 09:30:57 AM »
Not as bad as youve watched this season.
Brummie with more seats showing everygame, booing and mass exodos of fans after 75 minutes youve had a ball have you Ive not.
Brunt 3 assists possibly corners free kicks if you lump it in the air and some one gets to it thats an assist hoofball weve played all season.
Morrison again deluded fans with premiership eyes only, you dont know if he,s on the pitch most matches as for stupid post how about watching that 34 times this season like I have, not come to this conclusion through listening on the radio.
By the way where do you buy those Premiership googles must work wonders or do the just show highlights, so 1 set of batteries last the season.
I hated Stoke and and thats what weve become but worse cant wait till we buy the Stoke OAPS for next season there coming Whelan and co.   
You will be telling me next Saido worth 25 million, thats delusional, cant trap a ball, hold a ball, cant head a ball, no real pace and tests Pukka pies in his spare time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:51:59 AM by Throstletown »

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1244 on: May 05, 2016, 01:55:23 PM »
Not as bad as youve watched this season.
Brummie with more seats showing everygame, booing and mass exodos of fans after 75 minutes youve had a ball have you Ive not.
Brunt 3 assists possibly corners free kicks if you lump it in the air and some one gets to it thats an assist hoofball weve played all season.
Morrison again deluded fans with premiership eyes only, you dont know if he,s on the pitch most matches as for stupid post how about watching that 34 times this season like I have, not come to this conclusion through listening on the radio.
By the way where do you buy those Premiership googles must work wonders or do the just show highlights, so 1 set of batteries last the season.
I hated Stoke and and thats what weve become but worse cant wait till we buy the Stoke OAPS for next season there coming Whelan and co.   
You will be telling me next Saido worth 25 million, thats delusional, cant trap a ball, hold a ball, cant head a ball, no real pace and tests Pukka pies in his spare time.

I don't listen to our games on the radio, I go home and away. You're response was stupid because you claimed that a player that has started 1 game and a couple of sub appearances and made a few dribbles and put a couple of decent crosses into the box had done more than players who have actually scored and assisted in the scoring of goals.

Not sure what the bit I've put in bold even means! It's not in English that makes any sense. Please explain.

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1245 on: May 05, 2016, 11:55:02 PM »
I'll explain Premiership goggles you obvious count success staying there over football.
If that satisfies you then good, Pulis and the team have done there job.
To me playing football is entertainment, edge of your seat refusing to sit down because what you are watching is engrossing, exciting and fills you with pride.
What Ive watched is slow, boring, players who obviously are not capable of passing a ball on a park with your kids, no drive, no skill, players who could not beat an egg and if by some chance they do send it either over the bar or for a throw in, that has disappointed me and time and time again, listen to WM and Bomber can not sum up in words how sh1te weve been.
Pride in your team, your club for me, if 40 points is sucess, fills you with pride then those goggles are working. Each to there own mate         

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1246 on: May 06, 2016, 07:19:29 AM »
I'll explain Premiership goggles you obvious count success staying there over football.
If that satisfies you then good, Pulis and the team have done there job.
To me playing football is entertainment, edge of your seat refusing to sit down because what you are watching is engrossing, exciting and fills you with pride.
What Ive watched is slow, boring, players who obviously are not capable of passing a ball on a park with your kids, no drive, no skill, players who could not beat an egg and if by some chance they do send it either over the bar or for a throw in, that has disappointed me and time and time again, listen to WM and Bomber can not sum up in words how sh1te weve been.
Pride in your team, your club for me, if 40 points is sucess, fills you with pride then those goggles are working. Each to there own mate         

I don't know where you get the idea that I'm happy with the way the team has been playing and that I'm happy to just be in the Premier League? I've not mentioned it once. That is your assumption. It's also very wrong. I was talking about Brunt and Morrison having more of an effect that Leko.

Like you I want to be entertained, I want the edge of the seat excitement, I want to leave either The Hawthorns or an away stadium feeling that my team gave it all and wanted to win, I think we all do.

We have been very poor a few times this season, usually at home against lower table sides that we struggle to break down, Watford away and Stoke away were also low points but at least we didn't lose.

To me we have played well in the following games: Chelsea (H) Everton (H), Man Utd (H) Stoke(H), Spurs(H), Palace(H), Arsenal (H), Newcastle(H). Villa (A) Liverpool (A), Everton(A), Leicester(A) Chelsea (A), Man City (A). We only won 7 of those games but in those games we had a go. You could add the 2nd half against West Ham and Spurs away to that list. That's 14 games and 2 halfs where IMHO we've had a go and played some decent attacking stuff. That's every 2.4 games.
I would say we've been poor or very poor in about 9 games, mostly we've been slow,dull and unimaginative. We've been like it for a good few seasons now though not just under Pulis.

I hate this 40 points equals success mentality too, I want us to get as many points as possible and finish as high up the table as we can. I certainly don't want us to be in the Premier league just making up the numbers as you are suggesting, if I did I doubt I'd make the 200 mile+ round trip to the Hawthorns for 19 games a season and the countless miles for away games.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1247 on: May 06, 2016, 08:18:30 AM »
I don't know where you get the idea that I'm happy with the way the team has been playing and that I'm happy to just be in the Premier League? I've not mentioned it once. That is your assumption. It's also very wrong. I was talking about Brunt and Morrison having more of an effect that Leko.

Like you I want to be entertained, I want the edge of the seat excitement, I want to leave either The Hawthorns or an away stadium feeling that my team gave it all and wanted to win, I think we all do.

We have been very poor a few times this season, usually at home against lower table sides that we struggle to break down, Watford away and Stoke away were also low points but at least we didn't lose.

To me we have played well in the following games: Chelsea (H) Everton (H), Man Utd (H) Stoke(H), Spurs(H), Palace(H), Arsenal (H), Newcastle(H). Villa (A) Liverpool (A), Everton(A), Leicester(A) Chelsea (A), Man City (A). We only won 7 of those games but in those games we had a go. You could add the 2nd half against West Ham and Spurs away to that list. That's 14 games and 2 halfs where IMHO we've had a go and played some decent attacking stuff. That's every 2.4 games.
I would say we've been poor or very poor in about 9 games, mostly we've been slow,dull and unimaginative. We've been like it for a good few seasons now though not just under Pulis.

I hate this 40 points equals success mentality too, I want us to get as many points as possible and finish as high up the table as we can. I certainly don't want us to be in the Premier league just making up the numbers as you are suggesting, if I did I doubt I'd make the 200 mile+ round trip to the Hawthorns for 19 games a season and the countless miles for away games.

Exactly right Hull, I want improvement, I want a cup win, but I'm realistic that from the position we had reached following a number of organisational errors, we need to rebuild and be patient. If I do not see improvement next season, I think it will be time to consider change.
Baggie in Southampton

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1248 on: May 07, 2016, 02:45:07 PM »
Middlesbrough up - Morrison off?

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1249 on: May 07, 2016, 02:47:44 PM »
Middlesbrough up - Morrison off?

I thought that!. Not in the squad and Boro likely to pay him more than we will.