Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 779303 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3300 on: November 15, 2020, 09:40:19 PM »
Aside from the superb Grealish another terrible England team selection and performance.

Southgate Out.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3301 on: November 15, 2020, 09:44:54 PM »
Aside from the superb Grealish another terrible England team selection and performance.

Southgate Out.
If Grealish would stay on his feet he would cause a lot more problems  around the box instead of going down like he'd been shot! Twice tonight he went down when it would have been better to keep going then the free kicks where  wasted.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3302 on: November 15, 2020, 09:59:04 PM »
As much as it pains me Greasy was on another level tonight, he keeps that up not a prayer he’s playing for Villa next year as every big club will be in for him.

Absolutely woeful management from Southgate, tactically so inept no suprise you play 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders and we don’t score, the performances and results since he’s adopted that tactic have been awful. If I was the f.a I’d be going balls to the wall to get Pochettino he’d be the perfect manager for this team with the ball, doubt he’d take it with him been in line for the next Madrid, United etc job.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3303 on: November 15, 2020, 10:06:21 PM »
Grealish was very good but was being fouled all night and precious little response from the referee, who was not very good.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3304 on: November 15, 2020, 11:09:32 PM »

Southgate Out.

I think we will have to suffer Southgate until the Euros and then a terrible showing there will probably see the end of him as England manager.

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3305 on: November 16, 2020, 08:33:01 AM »
At last a ref who has not been kidded by Grealish. At one point the ref told him to"get on with it. A good player who does try it on but must have spent a lot of time practicing drawing fouls. I know he gets fouled a lot but he is good at diving.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3306 on: November 16, 2020, 10:34:46 AM »
It’s not even a pain for me to say Grealish is an excellent player.

I’ve never doubted his talent with the ball at his feet, I just hated him with the grass at his chest.

Should be a shoe in for England, you need ball carriers in the midfield and he’s one of if not the best in the Prem at that.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3307 on: November 16, 2020, 10:56:02 AM »
It’s not even a pain for me to say Grealish is an excellent player.

I’ve never doubted his talent with the ball at his feet, I just hated him with the grass at his chest.

Should be a shoe in for England, you need ball carriers in the midfield and he’s one of if not the best in the Prem at that.
Spot on. Don't think anyone can question Grealish's ability, it's the likes of Dier, Rice, Mount and Walker that are the issue for me, either past it or not up to it. And Henderson is England's Livermore, just slows play down too much.
Grealish is very much the future, as is (spits) Coady. Regardless of who they play for, I just want England to be as good as they can be.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3308 on: November 16, 2020, 11:00:42 AM »
Spot on. Don't think anyone can question Grealish's ability, it's the likes of Dier, Rice, Mount and Walker that are the issue for me, either past it or not up to it. And Henderson is England's Livermore, just slows play down too much.
Grealish is very much the future, as is (spits) Coady. Regardless of who they play for, I just want England to be as good as they can be.

Mason Mount is a very good player.

Not really interested in this discussion but just thought I'd butt in and pull you up on that 😉

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3309 on: November 16, 2020, 11:29:14 AM »
Mason Mount is a very good player.

Not really interested in this discussion but just thought I'd butt in and pull you up on that 😉
He's ok, better for Chelsea than England, but not the real deal for me. Thanks for the input though
 :)

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3310 on: November 16, 2020, 12:01:19 PM »
I haven't watched an England game since the World cup, prima donnas the lot of them and Grealish is just the cherry on top of the cake.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 12:28:34 PM by Hull Baggie »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3311 on: November 16, 2020, 12:46:07 PM »
I haven't watched an England game since the World cup, prima donnas the lot of them and Grealish is just the cherry on top of the cake.

I think a more appropriate descriptor of Grealish with England would be that he's a fairy on a gob of la rd.  You're welcome  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3312 on: November 16, 2020, 12:54:10 PM »
I haven't watched an England game since the World cup,

Same here. Unless it's the World Cup finals or the Euro finals I have no interest whatsoever in international football.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3313 on: November 16, 2020, 01:28:19 PM »
You'd have to be pretty bitter and blinkered not to recognise Jack Grealish as the best English footballer currently lacing up the boots. Don't @ me.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3314 on: November 16, 2020, 01:54:34 PM »
I think a more appropriate descriptor of Grealish with England would be that he's a fairy on a gob of la rd.  You're welcome  ;D .
  ;D well said and a thumbs up from me!
S O T V

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3315 on: November 16, 2020, 01:54:51 PM »
You'd have to be pretty bitter and blinkered not to recognise Jack Grealish as the best English footballer currently lacing up the boots. Don't @ me.

Harry Kane. Look at his record. Absolutely no further discussion. Arguably the best CF in the world.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3316 on: November 16, 2020, 01:57:20 PM »
Not bitter, not blinkered agree he is a very good player! But i will never accept his diving especially when he is in a better position by staying on his feet. He just can't help himself!

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3317 on: November 16, 2020, 04:37:20 PM »
Disagree about Grealish being the best player. Think Phil Foden is England's best player irrespective of how he is used. An absolute wizard who should be playing more for club and country. But what do I know.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3318 on: November 17, 2020, 10:03:30 AM »
Some people are comparing Grealish to Gascoigne. Well here's a comparison....... a inebriated up Gazza is better than Grealish.

Yesterday we were talking about the sad passing of one of England's greats

Today the media is comparing another of England's greats, with a player who has difficulty staying on his on his feet.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3319 on: November 17, 2020, 11:01:15 AM »
Some people are comparing Grealish to Gascoigne. Well here's a comparison....... a inebriated up Gazza is better than Grealish.

Yesterday we were talking about the sad passing of one of England's greats

Today the media is comparing another of England's greats, with a player who has difficulty staying on his on his feet.
Gazza was a one-off a player who could change a game in an instant saying that he was a deeply flawed character that damaged his career but  to compare him with Grealish is just laughable.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3320 on: November 17, 2020, 11:44:58 AM »
I would never compare Grealish to Gascoigne, he is nowhere near that level.

He is however an excellent player, he has shown consistency this season and kept Villa up almost singlehandedly after the lockdown break.

With the ball at his feet running at players he looks effortless.

Id have him in the current England first team without doubt.

Id have Foden in aswell, think he will go on to be a great at international level for England

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3321 on: November 17, 2020, 11:45:11 AM »
time for a change, southgate out
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3322 on: November 17, 2020, 12:49:39 PM »
I would never compare Grealish to Gascoigne, he is nowhere near that level.

He is however an excellent player, he has shown consistency this season and kept Villa up almost singlehandedly after the lockdown break.

With the ball at his feet running at players he looks effortless.

Id have him in the current England first team without doubt.

Id have Foden in aswell, think he will go on to be a great at international level for England

Grealish is technically superb. Despite his ongoing impersonation of a rag doll that's been shot in the back with a giant blunderbuss he also has deceptively good balance. He's probably quite a lot stronger than he looks and he's easy on the eye when running with the ball. However, he is far from being an excellent player.

This is the kind of comment I've come to associate with one eyed Vilers and I'm rocked to the core to see it written here. I may have to take to my bed for the rest of the day while Mrs SmethDan wipes my weary brow. God knows a shag's out of the question anyway.

I agree he 'won' the Vile a lot of set pieces around the opposition's area last season and the one before when both his strength and balance inexplicably deserted him (at will). However, Super Jack didn't keep them up single handedly last season. Hawkeye played an undeniably large part in that. Further to this (although anecdotal) Jack actually went missing for large parts of last season in the opinion of several Vilers down our local.

I have no problem with him being in the England squad but he's nowhere near the title 'excellent'. If he looked up, passed a little sooner, increased his assists and goal tally he could become a very good player as opposed to the good one he is now. He needs to forget re runs of the Jack Grealish Show to concentrate on the England and dare I say it the Performing Seal show before that happens though.

Excellent? Tish and pah man, I'm off to bed ;) .

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 12:51:26 PM by SmethDan »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3323 on: November 17, 2020, 12:56:26 PM »
Grealish is technically superb. Despite his ongoing impersonation of a rag doll that's been shot in the back with a giant blunderbuss he also has deceptively good balance. He's probably quite a lot stronger than he looks and he's easy on the eye when running with the ball. However, he is far from being an excellent player.

This is the kind of comment I've come to associate with one eyed Vilers and I'm rocked to the core to see it written here. I may have to take to my bed for the rest of the day while Mrs SmethDan wipes my weary brow. God knows a shag's out of the question anyway.

I agree he 'won' the Vile a lot of set pieces around the opposition's area last season and the one before when both his strength and balance inexplicably deserted him (at will). However, Super Jack didn't keep them up single handedly last season. Hawkeye played an undeniably large part in that. Further to this (although anecdotal) Jack actually went missing for large parts of last season in the opinion of several Vilers down our local.

I have no problem with him being in the England squad but he's nowhere near the title 'excellent'. If he looked up, passed a little sooner, increased his assists and goal tally he could become a very good player as opposed to the good one he is now. He needs to forget re runs of the Jack Grealish Show to concentrate on the England and dare I say it the Performing Seal show before that happens though.

Excellent? Tish and pah man, I'm off to bed ;) .

I share your hatred of the Vile, however I think he is an excellent player.

Grealish was excellent after lockdown, he dragged them into a position where they could stay up. The hawkeye thing was terrible and led to them staying up inevitably, but, only a couple of weeks prior they had a decision go against them which was incorrect, which if it hadnt would have led to them staying up regardless of that fateful day v Sheff Utd.

He has been tremendous this season too, people get hung up on the goals and assists thing when in reality its normally his good play prior to the final ball that leads to the goal.

I cant stand the lad, but he is for me an 'excellent' footballer

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3324 on: November 17, 2020, 01:20:11 PM »
I share your hatred of the Vile, however I think he is an excellent player.

Grealish was excellent after lockdown, he dragged them into a position where they could stay up. The hawkeye thing was terrible and led to them staying up inevitably, but, only a couple of weeks prior they had a decision go against them which was incorrect, which if it hadnt would have led to them staying up regardless of that fateful day v Sheff Utd.

He has been tremendous this season too, people get hung up on the goals and assists thing when in reality its normally his good play prior to the final ball that leads to the goal.

I cant stand the lad, but he is for me an 'excellent' footballer

This grinds my gears a bit when it comes to Grealish. My opinions on Grealish have zero to do with my hatred of the Vile. Absolutely  nothing. I am perfectly capable of separating the two, something I have done in the post above by recognising his attributes as well as highlighting the more questionable aspects of his general game. You're more than welcome to your opinion of Jack Grealish and all of the very best with your claret and blue pom poms on the touchline  ;) .