Author Topic: 24 Sept 2016 Stoke City 1 Albion 1  (Read 43744 times)

geoff

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2016, 08:19:22 PM »
Fletcher is okay, no coincidence that Claudio is playing some of his best stuff since Fletcher arrived.

Yet another massive game for Claudio he is one of the best DM in the prem for his breaking up of the game a little more pace & he would be playing in a top 3 side.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:08:44 PM by geoff »

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2016, 08:21:51 PM »
That was a nice point, undeserved  but I'll take it!
So bloody negative, my 30 year old son and his mate went and both reported that Stoke did very little to trouble us, that we could quite easily have won, but most definately deserved a point.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »
Yet another massive game for Claudio he is one of the best DM in the prem for his breaking up of the game a little more pass & he would be playing in a top 3 side.

Totally agree, thought he was outstanding today

Such an underrated player but I love him
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2016, 08:44:58 PM »
Laughable on the Oatcake Board :

"We should have won on the balance of play, but we're still woeful in the final 3rd!!!
A 3-0 scoreline wouldn't have flattered us....!!!"

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/261138/beat-west-brom-home#ixzz4LCFhuVyh

Where did they have three such chances and where did we not have three good chances ??????

Draw about right against these bitter twisted fools.
really hope they go down! Gives me great joy to get a late equaliser

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2016, 09:18:41 PM »
Happy with the point, don't think either team did enough to win a premierleague match. 1600 to stoke though , urine poor! I'd expect us to take that many if we were bottom of league 2.

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2016, 10:54:05 PM »
Any Stoke point is a good point.

Rondon won't be here next season, bloke is terrific. Congratulations on 1000 TP. Don't like you but have total respect for your achievements.

It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2016, 11:00:32 AM »
Most of what I wanted to say has already been said. First half was even, second half was Stokes but a draw was the fair result. A pretty typical Pulis away performance.

I was very disappointed that we didn't try and get our front players running at Shawcross after his early booking. Pieters should have been booked for his dive in the first half too.

Thought Evans was dreadful for the first 10 mins or so; constantly gave the ball away, thankfully he got better as the game went on. Could have done better for the goal though but then so could Nyom (who should have closed Shaqiri down) and Phillips and Fletcher as Allen just strolled past the pair of them in the build up leaving him unmarked to score.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:08:24 AM by Hull Baggie »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2016, 11:05:23 AM »
We deserved a point.

Wasn't a bad performance overall - pretty much what we have come to expect. Introduction of Morrison was important however has he drove at Stoke and always looked to pass forward. Times after we went behind where we move the ball far too slow - that needs to improve.

Some solid performances all round.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2016, 12:16:44 PM »
We went for a draw and we got it is about all you can say on that match. Would have liked to have seen is go for the jugular against a team under immense pressure in front of a home crowd who would have turned if we'd put them under pressure, but you knew it wasn't coming sadly.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2016, 01:34:39 PM »
Morrison in for Fletcher next week should happen but it won't. Fletcher probably our worst player summed up by that pass to Leko. Don't agree that he always offers for the ball, Morrison came on and picked it up off the defence almost every time.

Still at problem at LB, I think you can tell that's not Nyom's natural position.

Philips needs to do a little bit more, and the he needs time to settle in argument doesn't wash with me, look at Chadli.

Overall not bad and with some tweaks we could be a good side.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2016, 11:15:32 AM »
I'd have taken a point before and am ultimately happy with getting one. Stoke are not imo going to remain in the league position they are in and have some very dangerous attacking players, add that to our record up there and a point is always a welcome one.

Pulis picked the correct 11, i think Nyom would've started regardless, and again got his substitutions bang on.

A good, solid start to the season. We now need to get at least a point at Sunderland which takes us into a rather nasty run of games.
I only go for the beer.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2016, 02:35:03 PM »
I'd have taken a point before and am ultimately happy with getting one. Stoke are not imo going to remain in the league position they are in and have some very dangerous attacking players, add that to our record up there and a point is always a welcome one.

Pulis picked the correct 11, i think Nyom would've started regardless, and again got his substitutions bang on.

A good, solid start to the season. We now need to get at least a point at Sunderland which takes us into a rather nasty run of games.

Agreed. I'm no fan of Pulis, but he did that game well. Keeping Evans, Chadli & Rondon in the middle is key. Replacing Fletcher with Mozza would be a good move mind. But TP loves Fletcher
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input