Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1310984 times)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #2525 on: January 12, 2019, 04:55:10 PM »
Wigan 3-0 Villa FT

(The Wigan sound system is playing "Every Little Thing Will Be Alright")

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2526 on: January 12, 2019, 04:57:20 PM »
good result for Leeds.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2527 on: January 12, 2019, 09:50:53 PM »
Frustrated we are still 3 pts behind Sheff Utd and Norwich.  How many of their players would get in our team?  Hardly any I'd guess.

What I do know is that their managers know exactly what they're doing in terms of game plan and personnel.

They seem to be very clear on starting 11 and possible substitutions within a game.  In fact Wilder said the personnel that lost to Barnet last week will not feature again this season.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2528 on: January 12, 2019, 09:53:28 PM »
Frustrated we are still 3 pts behind Sheff Utd and Norwich.  How many of their players would get in our team?  Hardly any I'd guess.

What I do know is that their managers know exactly what they're doing in terms of game plan and personnel.

They seem to be very clear on starting 11 and possible substitutions within a game.  In fact Wilder said the personnel that lost to Barnet last week will not feature again this season.

As is Darren...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2529 on: January 13, 2019, 01:50:10 AM »
You have to give credit to Farke, he come over here seen what the championship needs and then used his knowledge of players to find a team of mainly unheard of players and has made them contenders.

For the first time in a long time I saw a team where I had hardly heard of any of the players.

It is great having a British squad but it is very expensive to maintain.

Farke has found the likes of pukki and Zimmerman and they probably earn about the same or even less than the likes of Field.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2530 on: January 13, 2019, 05:55:10 PM »
You have to give credit to Farke, he come over here seen what the championship needs and then used his knowledge of players to find a team of mainly unheard of players and has made them contenders.

For the first time in a long time I saw a team where I had hardly heard of any of the players.

It is great having a British squad but it is very expensive to maintain.

Farke has found the likes of pukki and Zimmerman and they probably earn about the same or even less than the likes of Field.

All continental managers use their knowledge and contacts in Europe, which is bound to be greater than of players here. In so doing, they get a head start on British managers who usually don't have first hand knowledge of players outside the domestic leagues. They can also steal some players for much lower transfer fees. Koeman did that alot. Foreign players are a risk because some don't settle here, but some will feel more comfortable if they have a fellow countryman managing their club.
Farke managed at regional league level in Germany before stepping up to Borussia Dortmund Reserves.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2531 on: January 13, 2019, 06:37:40 PM »
All continental managers use their knowledge and contacts in Europe, which is bound to be greater than of players here. In so doing, they get a head start on British managers who usually don't have first hand knowledge of players outside the domestic leagues. They can also steal some players for much lower transfer fees. Koeman did that alot. Foreign players are a risk because some don't settle here, but some will feel more comfortable if they have a fellow countryman managing their club.
Farke managed at regional league level in Germany before stepping up to Borussia Dortmund Reserves.

He is doing the same as Wagner.

It is about the European scouts, and having a good database to send those scouts to see a player that may be of interest.

I read not long ago that a European scout asked ashworth to buy Aubamyang, but after watching him in person he said no.

We have has our successes in Mulumbu and Yacob but generally we aren't very good in spotting good talent from abroad from zuvi to brown and on and on.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2532 on: January 14, 2019, 11:13:47 PM »
Martin O’Neil and Roy Keane to return to Forest and Manager and Assistant respectively. Football is a romantic game sometimes!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2533 on: January 15, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »
Martin O’Neil and Roy Keane to return to Forest and Manager and Assistant respectively. Football is a romantic game sometimes!

It'll all end in tears.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2534 on: January 15, 2019, 01:58:24 PM »
Was wondering whether to start a new thread but will pop it in here as its 'Championship' related.

Now we have played every team at least once, what one opposition player has stood out for you, a player you've thought - he would look good in our 11?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2535 on: January 15, 2019, 02:06:56 PM »
Was wondering whether to start a new thread but will pop it in here as its 'Championship' related.

Now we have played every team at least once, what one opposition player has stood out for you, a player you've thought - he would look good in our 11?

Obvious one for me - Tammy Abrahams.

To quantify that response, he was quick, lively and was as potent as Dwight. I wouldnt want to face him on a weekly basis; probably why is is actually a PL player on loan. Shame about his choice of club, but a rather decent player.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 02:10:59 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2536 on: January 15, 2019, 02:21:51 PM »

Teemu Pukki, him and Gayle would be awesome.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2537 on: January 15, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
The following names spring to mind off the top of my head:

Harry Wilson at Derby
Reece James on loan at Wigan from Chelsea
Josh McEachran at Brentford
John McGinn at Villa
Che Adams at Blues
Bradley Dack at Blackburn
Kalvin Phillips at Leeds

There is some talent playing in this division currently.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2538 on: January 15, 2019, 02:37:31 PM »
Teemu Pukki, him and Gayle would be awesome.

Agree with you on Pukki ive watched him closely this year and he has been very very good

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2539 on: January 15, 2019, 02:42:46 PM »
Dack was brilliant on NYD

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2540 on: January 15, 2019, 02:48:58 PM »
It'll all end in tears.

99% of managerial appointments do. When do they end in happiness and hand shakes?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2541 on: January 15, 2019, 02:49:32 PM »
Best individual performance against us was Reed in the home game vs Blackburn imo.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2542 on: January 15, 2019, 03:21:12 PM »
Totally agree jacko, Reed was brilliant that day, i knew the name from southampton but didnt really know who he was but if plays like that every week, would hope we are having a serious look at him!

Reece james for wigan, Mcginn for villa and there was a player for qpr called Eze (first half) who i thought played well against us.

Duane Holmes at Derby looks pretty good the few times i have seen them too.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2543 on: January 15, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »
He didn't play against us, but that Clarke lad at Leeds looks a talent.

Young fullback through their youth system I believe, seems to be putting in some solid performances.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2544 on: January 15, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »
Surely Grealish is the best player in the division?  He ran the game against us.  You only have to see Villa's results to quantify how much he is missed. 

I can't say I rate McGinn, average Championship workhorse, who looks good alongside Grealish!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2545 on: January 16, 2019, 03:18:12 PM »
Bielsa has called a press conference for 5pm at Leeds.

Wonder what its about, Leeds fans on twitter are fearing the worst.

One Leeds fan however has  claimed the conference is at a place where they usually do medicals so could be a signing.

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2546 on: January 16, 2019, 03:19:06 PM »
Bielsa has called a press conference for 5pm at Leeds.

Wonder what its about, Leeds fans on twitter are fearing the worst.

One Leeds fan however has  claimed the conference is at a place where they usually do medicals so could be a signing.

They are signing a goalkeeper

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2547 on: January 16, 2019, 03:30:50 PM »
The latest hot rumour is that he’s going to resign. 😃
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2548 on: January 16, 2019, 03:31:57 PM »

If you have twitter search for Phil Hey (Leeds Journalist) - have a read of the comments on there. Even if it is just him announcing a keeper, it's a good read to see how scared some of the Leeds fans are of losing him.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2549 on: January 16, 2019, 03:47:01 PM »
If you have twitter search for Phil Hey (Leeds Journalist) - have a read of the comments on there. Even if it is just him announcing a keeper, it's a good read to see how scared some of the Leeds fans are of losing him.
Apparently has resigned like this before