Author Topic: Would we beat the Dingles?  (Read 32915 times)

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

Would we beat the Dingles?
« on: October 15, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »
If we played them this year in the cup, would we beat them?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Would we beat the Dingles?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:18:31 AM »
I think they would beat us .they score first like with most teams we wouldn't have a clue. A pleasure to watch they were sadly to say
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 11:25:13 AM »
At least history would be on our side - our cup record reads P11 W8 D2 L1. We are comfortably the better side on paper despite their summer splurge. However, anything can happen in a derby and with the way Pulis sets us up....

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »
Nope, they would tear us a new one... like a good chunk of championship teams would.

our recent cup history atleast shows how much we struggle when it comes to teams in lower leagues that can pass a ball and run forwards with it... which is something we are still not capable of doing too much.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 11:39:31 AM »
They have the one weapon which TP system cannot cope with -Pace, we would be chasing shadows after 20 mins
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 12:27:01 PM »
They have the one weapon which TP system cannot cope with -Pace, we would be chasing shadows after 20 mins

He's one hell of a player though that Shadows is
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 12:30:13 PM »
Hopefully we won't need to find out anytime soon. We have plenty of players with Premier League nouse which can go a long way but you are talking about a one off cup tie where anything could happen.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 12:37:12 PM »
Wheather we like it or not they are coming up . Have the money and contacts . Yes they would beat us .

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 12:42:59 PM »
I think a lot of our fans need to hide all the razor blades. :P
Defeatism is an infectious disease.
Get a grip folks.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 12:53:36 PM »
I think a lot of our fans need to hide all the razor blades. :P
Defeatism is an infectious disease.
Get a grip folks.
Yeah..Around Divinewind's throat?  :-*

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 12:54:01 PM »
Its a long seasons chaps, let just see.......

One swallow and all that.
MAGA!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »
Its a long seasons chaps, let just see.......

One swallow and all that.
Doesn't make a "B" job.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 01:06:25 PM »
Should they get promoted lets judge them after 20 games in the Premier, Sheffield Utd  and clubs from Div 1 before have shown you can do well in the Championship with a decent manager and a good team ethic.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 01:12:30 PM »
They have a poor defence so i think we would probably get a win against them currently if Pulis spoiled the game as he does so well.

I would take a number of their players though. Jota and Neves were fantastic signings as I told you all at the time, and I would certainly take their manager over ours.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 01:24:24 PM »
I think people are getting a bit carried away.

Fair play Wolves looked a good side yesterday, not quite the next Brazil some of their fans were talking about yesterday but still decent.

However, this time last season Man City were smashing everyone, league winners by xmas, etc, etc, they then had teams start to suss them out a bit, got a few bad results, lost the confidence, the english winter, etc and never fully recovered.

Thats why with regards to Wolves see where they are January / February time, when they have come through the above challenges, see if they can do it on a cold night in Barnsley, when you have some championship career defender who doesnt care who you are and will be more than happy to rough you up.

The two teams who got a bit physical with them - Cardiff and Sheffield United beat them comfortable, i would imagine teams will try and play that way, they dont like the tough love.

If you let Wolves play they are a decent side, no doubting that, Villa played right into Wolves hands too yesterday, but rough them up a bit, they dont like it, cant remember who they played but they drew i think and the Wolves manager was having a bit of a cry at how the opposition played, very much like Mowbray used to in the premier league when teams sussed us out.

I would think they would beat us 1 in every 4 or 5, they are playing Burton Albion, Bolton, etc each week, when they come up against the likes of Man City, Tottenham, etc and get a few spankings see how good they think they are then, confidence goes.

If they come up at the end of the season they will of deserved it and i would much rather a team come up trying to play how they do than being dull and boring but lets see if they can handle all the other stuff than comes with it beforehand, there has many a false dawn at the Dingle Dome.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 02:13:32 PM »
It is easy to forget the gap between Championship and Premier League and the truth is we have shut out better teams than Wolves their pace would be largely negated by our deep sitting block and as long as we didn't have to chase the game I'd back us to nick a tight match.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »
They could win the Championship and would still finish below us, as they have done every season bar two this century.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 03:52:32 PM »
They could win the Championship and would still finish below us, as they have done every season bar two this century.
Nice one, but I think some of our supporters would wish us to lose to those Tw*ts , if TP was in charge.
They are lording it at the moment, lets see where they are at the end of the season.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 05:30:49 PM »
I did watch the Wolves/Villa game and to be fair they looked decent. However I'm sure they also remember the Mowbray days we had in the Championship, when we scored goals for fun....regularly putting 4/5 past teams. I would imagine that Wolves won't get anywhere near our goal tally under him this season. BUT, when we got too big for our boots and tried to play that style against quality players....we got spanked and exposed all over the park. Good luck to them, we've been there many times in the past. In answer to the question, they may well beat us in a one-off game, but we could also say that about any team from the top 2 divisions in my opinion.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 05:41:38 PM »
If we played today they would beat us IMO. Momentum, good vibes and form all on their side. They also have some players who would get into our side.

Another question I would ask is - would you swap Pulis for Santo?

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 06:55:09 PM »
If we played today they would beat us IMO. Momentum, good vibes and form all on their side. They also have some players who would get into our side.

Another question I would ask is - would you swap Pulis for Santo?

I'd swap pulis for santa nevermind santo  ;D

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 07:01:55 PM »
Another question you could ask is will they be ahead of us in 12 months time

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 07:52:27 PM »
Another question you could ask is will they be ahead of us in 12 months time

A hell of a lot can change in 12 months, they are currently enjoying a decent run but they are a long way from promotion just yet and they have to catch up to us before they can get ahead of us.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 08:28:46 PM »
Bloody hell this forum is getting full of pant-wetters, feck the Dingles, we don't need to discuss them on here do we ?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 10:31:42 PM »
where was the wolves lovein after the cardiff,sheffield united and bristol city games?!

the only half decent teams they have played, all around them in the league and they got one (lucky) point out of 9!