Author Topic: Filip Krovinovic leaves WBA (Loan Terminated)  (Read 175581 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Filip Krovinovic leaves WBA (Loan Terminated)
« on: June 30, 2019, 02:41:26 PM »
Think the link below has enough credibility to justify him having his own thread.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/06/30/west-brom-planning-approach-for-benfica-midfielder-filip-krovinovic/?rnd=1871679

The sort of creative presence we have been crying out for not sure whether this is a perm or loan but either works for me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 10:24:25 PM by MarkW »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Filip Krovinovic
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 02:59:38 PM »
Glad we are looking at younger creative players and even looking abroad, but disappointed that the club's transfer policy is already looking to be down to the manager doing the scouting again. All very Megson era.

Hope we buy rather than loan.
Boing Boing

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 03:04:56 PM »
Have to say that I know nothing about the guy but like what I have read since seeing the news linking us with him. Some much needed energy in midfield hopefully.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 03:10:46 PM »
Lets hope we can get this on over the line.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 06:21:26 PM »
Glad we are looking at younger creative players and even looking abroad, but disappointed that the club's transfer policy is already looking to be down to the manager doing the scouting again. All very Megson era.

Hope we buy rather than loan.

Don't just assume because Krovinovic is Croatian that this entirely down to Bilic it is not beyond Dowling or Pearce to have found this talent and it would be in line with what Dowling said at the outset about rediscovering the Ashworth's ability to unearth gems.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 10:59:10 PM »
Eastern daily press saying he is being lined up by Naarwich
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 11:22:31 PM »
Eastern daily press saying he is being lined up by Naarwich

Between the two of us apparently but here’s hoping that the Slaven link pulls it through in our favour
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »
I'm hearing English teams have been interested before, but work permit issues have stopped any deal. But it's good to see us interested in players like this, who can get better.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 01:52:39 PM »
translation follows (courtesy of google), sounds very positive

Krovinovic will represent West Bromwich next season as a loan from Benfica. The midfielder knew that he was not in the accounts of Bruno Lage and since the end of the season that was looking for a new team, with the aim of being able to act more regularly. There were several emblems to present proposals by the player, but it turned out to be the formation that militates in the second echelon of English soccer to win this race.

The benfiquistas managers have settled another dossier and already guarantee a fitting of 300 thousand pounds, equivalent to 335 thousand euros. This figure can double if the team led by Slaven Bilic - coach in the process - rise to the Premier League.

Moreover, Record knows, West Bromwich will have to pay 110 mln euros in the event that the average 23-year-old does not play half the games.

Krovinovic has also presented himself to work on Monday, but will soon travel to England to make this change official.
Albion Family !!!

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »
translation follows (courtesy of google), sounds very positive

Krovinovic will represent West Bromwich next season as a loan from Benfica. The midfielder knew that he was not in the accounts of Bruno Lage and since the end of the season that was looking for a new team, with the aim of being able to act more regularly. There were several emblems to present proposals by the player, but it turned out to be the formation that militates in the second echelon of English soccer to win this race.

The benfiquistas managers have settled another dossier and already guarantee a fitting of 300 thousand pounds, equivalent to 335 thousand euros. This figure can double if the team led by Slaven Bilic - coach in the process - rise to the Premier League.

Moreover, Record knows, West Bromwich will have to pay 110 mln euros in the event that the average 23-year-old does not play half the games.

Krovinovic has also presented himself to work on Monday, but will soon travel to England to make this change official.

I hope that's not meant to mean we pay Benefica 110 million euros if he doesn't play half the games! That's one way to guarantee your loaned-out players game time I guess

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 03:00:15 PM »
Filip Krovinović is set to fly to England within the next 72 hours to finalise a move to #wba after agreeing a €300k loan fee with Benfica according to reports in Portugal....

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 03:23:02 PM »
Can't say I know too much about him to be honest, but I'm all for us looking abroad for some players.

It's been a while since we signed some talented European players, I forgot what it felt like.

He's at a big European club, having Bilic here will help him aswell so I'm all for it.

If you factor in the Chalobah rumours and also the small whispers that Harper may sign a new deal, our centre midfield could look very different next year.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »
I hope that's not meant to mean we pay Benefica 110 million euros if he doesn't play half the games! That's one way to guarantee your loaned-out players game time I guess

it has to be €110k, as you well know  8)
Albion Family !!!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 04:13:35 PM »
https://youtu.be/RfFf02KzzYg

Some highlights of him

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 04:34:55 PM »

Some highlights of him

Really good at having keepers save his shots!

Looks ok. Good right foot, not afraid to use his left. Can spot a pass and good off the ball movement.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 05:12:50 PM »

Some highlights of him

Reminds me bit of Gera, takes up the same positions and makes some intelligent runs. Yes please!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 06:08:08 PM »
Dare I say he has an air of Harvey Barnes about him? Cutting in and shooting early. Very raw looking mind

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 06:17:09 PM »
Dare I say he has an air of Harvey Barnes about him? Cutting in and shooting early. Very raw looking mind
I'll reserve judgment until I see him v decent Championship opposition. We need someone like Barnes who can run with the ball, but Barnes was also very hard to shove off the ball.
This guy looks a bit frail, so the test will come when he has to ride some tough physical challenges. Hopefully, Bilic has already assessed that aspect of his game.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 06:35:07 PM »
Filip Krovinović is set to fly to England within the next 72 hours to finalise a move to #wba after agreeing a €300k loan fee with Benfica according to reports in Portugal....

Whilst i like the look of this, the first 2 deals we have been linked with are both loans... We had a loan army last year, hopefully we include an option to buy for a set fee.
O Albion we love you

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 07:13:30 PM »
Whilst i like the look of this, the first 2 deals we have been linked with are both loans... We had a loan army last year, hopefully we include an option to buy for a set fee.

We can't afford not to use the loan market. We can sign perms after promotion when our future is secure for another few years

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 07:27:23 PM »
If he can kick the ball to his teammates, takes possession on the half turn and run around a bit then he's a massive upgrade on Brunt and Livermore.

Dynamo10

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2019, 07:28:03 PM »
Really good at having keepers save his shots!

Looks ok. Good right foot, not afraid to use his left. Can spot a pass and good off the ball movement.

I was thinking exactly the same.

Not sure about this guy reminding people of Barnes - he could actually put the ball in the back of the net. However I do agree with him having the ability to pass a ball and being in the right positions. But each to their own, and all that...

Whilst I'm sick to death of the club constantly going for loans (seems like it, anyway!), this wouldn't exactly be a bad avenue to go down. No disrepect to the Portuguese top flight, but Krovinovic would be up against better opposition week in week out so at least then if it doesn't work out, we're not lumbered with him.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 07:30:29 PM »
Looks more like a Morrison replacement, now we need to replace Brunt  :o

Then a full back, striker, central defender …………….. :P

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2019, 07:35:43 PM »
He has an eye for goal, but not necessarily the back of the net :P