Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 760597 times)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Chris Brunt
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »
I thought he was shocking today. We've all talked about droppping Scharner but for me, since he has been captain he seems to have gone backwards and looks lost, and doesn't warrant a starting place. Maybe a stint on the bench will bring out a bit of fight that he looks to be lacking.

How he remained on the pitch over Dorrans is a mystery to me. He was a passenger today as he has been for the last couple of months.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 05:15:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure Dorrans went off with an injury, didn't seem to be moving very freely but I didn't notice if he went straight down the tunnel or not.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 05:17:07 PM »
Dorrans was limping heavily when he came off

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 05:18:29 PM »
i agree brunt was very poor today. Just didnt look interested, and the amount of times he was wandering into the middle rather than sticking out wide was ridiculous, left Jara exposed far too much first half.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 05:19:26 PM »
Brunt needs to be put out wide on the right were he started the season so well,he ends up trying hollywood balls were he is now.Spends too much time drifting in the middle
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 05:20:17 PM »
Brunt was very poor yet again. His quality from dead balls seems to be getting worse.

Couldn't believe the descision to award him MOTM! You couldn't have found a more disinterested player on the pitch.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 05:25:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure Dorrans went off with an injury, didn't seem to be moving very freely but I didn't notice if he went straight down the tunnel or not.

No he went on the bench.

Brunt. I am a big big fan but he has been pants the last few games.
That armband is the kiss of death.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 05:26:20 PM »
Brunt has reverted to his old bad ways, I changed my mind about him for the 1st half of the season as he seemed to be more interested in tracking back to help out defensively.

Now he looks lost, no fight, no bottle - a passenger, we really can't have that from a captain :(

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »
has been dreadful since getting the armband, who the hell voted for him to be MOTM today?, yes dropping him would be easy but we have no-one else to come in, plus who would be captain then?, have to remeber jonas doesn't want it and i cant comprehend scharner getting it as i don't think hhe should be in the first 11 at all
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »
Doesn't look half the player he did earlier in the season and to give him the captaincy is abysmal. The man isn't a leader and his head drops quicker than any of the others. I'd like to see Hodgson vacate the captaincy and give it too a natural leader. I.e. Steven Reid or Paul Scharner.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Perrybarrbaggy

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 06:14:08 AM »
He should not be captain, hopefully hodgson has realised that, you're captain should inspire you, especially during your biggest derby

Im sure hodgson was linked with brunt whilst at fulham ?

I would like to see Brunt on the left side of midfield still . He's clearly not a centre midfielder

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »
Brunt's problem is his mental game. He is way too petulant and let's his head drop when things don't go right. I am a fan but he doesn't have any traction atm, something needs to change. Give the captaincy to Olsson and tell Brunt to get back to the basics of his game. I want to see Brunt in and around the box more, whatever happened to his goal threat?

bobcracker

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 10:48:46 AM »
Hasn't registered an assist since Villa away, which has coincided with our bad run.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
Were the fans playing mind games with him.Give him man of the match then boo the decision.I am very confused.I hope Roy takes the captains arm band from him.We need a Brunt without the stress of being Captain.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
Were the fans playing mind games with him.Give him man of the match then boo the decision.I am very confused.I hope Roy takes the captains arm band from him.We need a Brunt without the stress of being Captain.

They weren't playing mind games they were just being stupid.

Stampsey01

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
We all know Brunt is a top player, but ever since he was made captain, it looks like he's trying to hard, or as if he has too much on his plate... I think to get the best out of Brunt, he should be released of the captaincy and also be put on the left wing as he looks more comfortable over there
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.

Savvas78

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
His performances have taken a really alarming nosedive in my opinion, a completely differenent player who was setting the league alight earlier in the season.

Performances aside you can see he had his head down, was totally within himself, cutting a sorry figure on the pitch... These are hardly qualities in a captain who you look to for inspiration in a relegation dogfight.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:57:10 AM by Savvas78 »
We've gone on holiday by mistake!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »
I think the arm bad is weighing a little too heavy on him.
Just take it back off him is the obvious solution
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 12:11:34 PM »
Think the armband is the problem he hasnt performed to his standards since.

Best thing to do would be to assign a new captain and let Brunt get on with his game.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 01:46:55 PM »
I think a game or two on the bench and the armband going elswhere would do brunty the world of good
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

albionproud70

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »
On his day he can be unplayable but those days are becoming  as rare as hens teeth...
The bloke has the ability but is not applying it..
He acts like a kid when its not going his way and sulks..
Lets his head drop way too easily and in my opinion is not and never will be a captain..
He hasnt got the grit desire or persona to influence those around him..
The one player who has is Mulumbu...
I fear Brunt is one of a few players who privately aint that fussed if we go down as they'd be off in the summer..
No proof of that but my opinion nevertheless...

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
Hasn't registered an assist since Villa away, which has coincided with our bad run.

Interestingly it was just after the Villa game that he was reported as having a groin injury, but that was recovered for Bolton on boxing day.  Makes me wonder if he is carrying a slight injury still.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
I fear Brunt is one of a few players who privately aint that fussed if we go down as they'd be off in the summer..
No proof of that but my opinion nevertheless...

Signed an improved contract during the close season, so if he does I assume we will cash in.

I also believe he is struggling with the captaincy and allowing it to affect his game. Personally, I would bring Carson back and pass the arm band back.

Whilst I do not like the keeper as captain, Carson is the club Captain and therefore there are no political issues with removing it from Brunt.

The current form shows that the defensive issues did not all stem from the man in goal and, whilst Myhill has not done too much wrong, I do believe Carson has better distribution and quicker vision.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 08:24:57 PM »
Playing in the middle(he drifted in sunday)is killing his game,hopefully when Mulumbu returns he will be back where he has done so well this season.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 09:29:41 PM »
I think the arm bad is weighing a little too heavy on him.
Just take it back off him is the obvious solution

is it that obvious, who do you give it to?, big Jonas has already said he doesn't want it
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!