Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1327459 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #1800 on: April 10, 2018, 09:59:45 PM »
The wonder manager that is Tony Pulis in charge of one of the leagues most expensively assembled squads has managed to surrender 6th place to a Milwall side assembled on a shoestring.
with tough fixtures to come as well, 3 teams directly above or below yet to play. Milwall Derby and Bristol City.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1801 on: April 10, 2018, 10:02:52 PM »
with tough fixtures to come as well, 3 teams directly above or below yet to play. Milwall Derby and Bristol City.

Strange how Jacko has suddenly gone quiet on the issue...

On 26th December they appointed him, they were 7th on 38 points. The Villa were a place behind them on the same points, Fulham were four places and three points behind them...Millwall were 16th on 27 points.

Cut to today's date, Fulham are 2nd and 15 points ahead of them, the Villa are 4th and 10 points ahead of them and Millwall are 6th, two points clear of them.

What a manager eh, Jacko. What a manager.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1802 on: April 10, 2018, 10:06:36 PM »
Strange how Jacko has suddenly gone quiet on the issue...

On 26th December they appointed him, they were 7th on 38 points. The Villa were a place behind them on the same points, Fulham were four places and three points behind them...Millwall were 16th on 27 points.

Cut to today's date, Fulham are 2nd and 15 points ahead of them, the Villa are 4th and 10 points ahead of them and Millwall are 6th, two points clear of them.

What a manager eh, Jacko. What a manager.

Been watching the Champions League.

So what you're saying is he's taken on someone else's squad. Taken them up into 6th. Relinquished that position tonight so taking them back to the same position they were in when he arrived but the season doesn't finish in April does it? Funny how you've not commented on Boro for weeks. A bit Legend-esque how quickly you've jumped on this  ;)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1803 on: April 10, 2018, 10:09:40 PM »

So what you're saying is he's taken on someone else's squad. Taken them up into 6th. Relinquished that position tonight so taking them back to the same position they were in when he arrived but the season doesn't finish in April does it? Funny how you've not commented on Boro for weeks. A bit Legend-esque how quickly you've jumped on this  ;)

;D

Have to bide the time until the right moment, naturally.

A side that spent £50m on new talent this summer, with such a great manager in charge, should surely have rocketed up that league  ;) Perhaps he actually isn't all that some cracked him up to be, that great organiser of sides.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1804 on: April 10, 2018, 10:10:21 PM »

the season finished in February when he was our manager.😝

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1805 on: April 11, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »
Fulham Bottled it drew so Wolves will go up if They Win Tonight
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1806 on: April 11, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »
Fulham Bottled it drew so Wolves will go up if They Win Tonight

Fulham won...

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1807 on: April 11, 2018, 10:56:25 AM »
Operation lose 5 on the bounce begins tonight.

Come on Derby.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1808 on: April 11, 2018, 11:20:12 AM »
Operation lose 5 on the bounce begins tonight.

Come on Derby.

They've only lost 6 all season, come on.

Plus, if Wolves do bottle it - Villa go up. Which is worse, miles worse.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1809 on: April 11, 2018, 11:38:53 AM »
Fulham won...
Thought they drew but I was tired yesterday And Was Falling in and out of Sleep
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1810 on: April 11, 2018, 12:03:39 PM »

It's definitely not worse.  I'm not bothered about Vile and more importantly they aren't bothered about us.

Also,

Fulham and Cardiff top 2.  ;D

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1811 on: April 11, 2018, 12:26:34 PM »

It's definitely not worse.  I'm not bothered about Vile and more importantly they aren't bothered about us.

Also,

Fulham and Cardiff top 2.  ;D

It 100% definitely is worse & as for the rest of the post, you have quite clearly never lived in Erdington or surrounding area's, they despise us, not something you'd experience too much in your Merseyside bubble  :-*   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1812 on: April 11, 2018, 12:52:13 PM »
I think Fulham will get 2nd behind the Wulfs.

I can see Cardiff faltering which'll make Villa faves for the Play-Offs IMO.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1813 on: April 11, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »

Agree I don't care about the dingle's it's the vile I hate and detest it's an age thing I think, we older ones hate villa and with the younger ones its wolves! And the vile really do hate us!!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1814 on: April 11, 2018, 08:49:44 PM »
It 100% definitely is worse & as for the rest of the post, you have quite clearly never lived in Erdington or surrounding area's, they despise us, not something you'd experience too much in your Merseyside bubble  :-*   

I live in Rowley Regis and it’s still Albion/Wolves and Villa fans hate Blues. When Albion Wolves play the whole place is buzzing.

Only got to look at the attendances to see what game matters more to Villa. Notmally a sell out against Blues and about 34k and 10,000 empty seats against us except for the quarter final but that would have sold out whoever they played.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:53:16 PM by leeiswba »

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1815 on: April 11, 2018, 08:57:02 PM »
In 14/15 season villa played 19 home league games and there were only 6 of them that had a lower attendance than the one against us. I just don’t see where it comes from that Villa massively care about us.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1816 on: April 11, 2018, 09:08:10 PM »
In 14/15 season villa played 19 home league games and there were only 6 of them that had a lower attendance than the one against us. I just don’t see where it comes from that Villa massively care about us.

Anecdotal evidence from very small sample areas such as Erdington by the sounds of it. I went to all 3 games including the cup match and didn't have any concern wandering round before during or after. Can't say the same about trips to Molineux (bit of anecdotal evidence of my own)

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1817 on: April 11, 2018, 09:15:35 PM »

Anecdotal evidence from very small sample areas such as Erdington by the sounds of it. I went to all 3 games including the cup match and didn't have any concern wandering round before during or after. Can't say the same about trips to Molineux (bit of anecdotal evidence of my own)
Generalisation but....
Wolves hate Albion and us not caring much winds them up more.
Albion hate Villa and them not caring much winds us up more.
Villa and Blues hate each other and that will be down to both being from Birmingham.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1818 on: April 11, 2018, 10:05:45 PM »
Dingles win 2-0...28 wins this season...cant see them not going up now...😐

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1819 on: April 11, 2018, 10:54:01 PM »
Wolves were promoted ages ago in reality.

Can't say I've paid them too much attention but what a goal from Neves tonight  :o

Genuinely one of the best goals I've seen in years.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1820 on: April 11, 2018, 10:56:56 PM »
I live in Rowley Regis and it’s still Albion/Wolves and Villa fans hate Blues. When Albion Wolves play the whole place is buzzing.

Only got to look at the attendances to see what game matters more to Villa. Notmally a sell out against Blues and about 34k and 10,000 empty seats against us except for the quarter final but that would have sold out whoever they played.

I live round by you and don't know any dingles by me, only see the same one by Whiteheath shops from time to time with his tatty old 80's shirt thats never been washed, loads of villa though and all up their own arses, always been villa for me, never seen any dingles round here when I was school either.

And yes the villa do care, they claim not to but boatloads of them do
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1821 on: April 11, 2018, 11:01:29 PM »
And just to add I don't give a toss whether they do give a toss about us I despise the feckers and thats all that counts.

One of the places I despise just beyond the villa and dingles is Reading. I doubt a single one of them care about us but thats fine and doesn't change my feeling towards them  :D

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1822 on: April 11, 2018, 11:32:09 PM »
Same for me...from Redditch but family from Warley and Bearwood!

I was bought up by my Dad with this saying

‘You pity the Wolves and hate the Villa’

It’s always been Villa for me and they hate us just as much...I can assure you

What a goal by Neves though

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1823 on: April 12, 2018, 01:47:30 AM »

Go on then, I'll bite  ;D .

Anecdotal evidence from somebody who lives somewhere up near where they speak with spit gurgling around the throat as loosely alluded to by your good self  ;) . Ask many Albion supporters from Smethwick, Oldbury, Handsworth, Great Barr, Hamstead and Northfield too. The list goes on, even though many Albion in Northfield are also concerned with the Blues. These are not small sample areas individually and especially not when combined.

I concede the atmosphere can be poor at ours when we host the Vile, but equally from my perspective I don't think it's too hot for the Dings either. Sadly that's more to do with large sections of the Hawthorns having resembled a morgue for years. However, I do know what both fixtures occasionally lack in volume, they make up for in tension for whomever is more inclined one way or the other.

By the way I've been to a Vile/Blues derby at the seal pen. I can assure you the general atmosphere be it in terms of volume AND tension was shockingly poor. But then Stern Johns hilarious late equaliser aside, the fixture means next to nothing to me. As for you having not noticed anything untoward following the 'double' games though you must walk around in some kind of a bubble, especially before/during/after the Cup game.

I have every respect for those who can't stand those of an orange six fingered persuasion over the pink and blue pyjama clan. They can undoubtedly be a pain and far more so for those who live cheek by jowl with the inbred dads for cousins. But I'd prefer it if you didn't belittle the rivalry as felt by others, particularly when you clearly have no understanding of it from our perspective.

And for the record there really are a great many Vilers listed in the areas above who really do care. They just know their dismissive, arrogant denial narks many. I'm with Oldbury on this one though as I loathe them enough for the both of us. But ask yourself why many Vilers take such a stance. For many the answer is obvious, indoctrination from a young age as experienced by yourself with a Wednesbury raised dad. Cheek by jowl also plays a huge part again as mentioned before.

But the Vile are also play ground bullies regarding Blues, a local team who've only beaten Villa on 33 occasions since 1887. They've beaten us more times than they have Small Heath Alliance, but then we've played each other sixty one times more often. Swings, roundabouts, whys and wherefores. But as always, each to their own.

And always, always SOTV  8) .
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:51:48 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1824 on: April 12, 2018, 08:04:14 AM »

I've walked through Wolverhampton with no concerns prior to a game. The anger the sight of anything Albion produces in them is hilarious, proper foaming at the mouth hatred. It's weird.

Anyway, I'm glad we're all having this debate again. It must've been about 3 days since we last talked about it.