Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 283081 times)

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Oliver Burke
« Reply #1000 on: August 30, 2019, 03:15:11 PM »
Hopefully there is a cheap option to buy at the end of the  loan...

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1001 on: August 30, 2019, 05:46:47 PM »
Thought that was on the cards when he was not in the team photo. Don't know what the problem is with him but I hope he finally manages to fix it. Certainly not Berahino mark 2 as some twitterers are saying. No problems with attitude that have been reported. Has speed and talent. Slaven says it is concentration that's the issue. Not sure how that can be taught though.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1002 on: August 30, 2019, 07:21:06 PM »
Thought that was on the cards when he was not in the team photo. Don't know what the problem is with him but I hope he finally manages to fix it. Certainly not Berahino mark 2 as some twitterers are saying. No problems with attitude that have been reported. Has speed and talent. Slaven says it is concentration that's the issue. Not sure how that can be taught though.
I guess only by playing, hence the loan.  Very, very last chance saloon, but I think he's already been written off financially anyway.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1003 on: August 30, 2019, 09:20:51 PM »
Deal done on the official site. Please do something there in your time Oli. Will benefit you and us.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1004 on: August 30, 2019, 10:37:56 PM »
The jury is still out with me on Oli. Obviously has the talent but not the attitude. Reminds me a bit of Koumas but only a bit because Jason was far far more talented. But if the head isn't right no amount of game time will improve it.
I do hope for his own sake if for nothing else that he sorts it out.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1005 on: August 30, 2019, 11:33:14 PM »
The jury is still out with me on Oli. Obviously has the talent but not the attitude. Reminds me a bit of Koumas but only a bit because Jason was far far more talented. But if the head isn't right no amount of game time will improve it.
I do hope for his own sake if for nothing else that he sorts it out.

That comparison is harsh on Koumas in my view.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1006 on: August 31, 2019, 12:40:09 AM »
That comparison is harsh on Koumas in my view.
Not really. Koumas admitted to not enjoying the footballing life. He was born with the talent, but didn’t take to the daily drudgery. I get that. Burkes history is different, but he seems just as disinterested. His time at was Forest was a joy to watch. A big money move abroad probably didn’t help him. Another big money move to us must’ve baffled both him and some of us. His dig, at whoever, with the Harrods tweet, more or less confirms he’s proved a point to someone. I’m no Sky pundit, but I reckon his days of being MOTM for anything other than a Scottish related game is nil.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1007 on: August 31, 2019, 12:56:24 AM »
No idea what to make of this in theory going to La Liga even one of the lesser lights like Alaves is a step up from where we are at the moment. They have 30 year old Aleix Vidal on loan from Sevilla as the only other Right Winger in the squad so Burke might get some game time. In any event Vitoria-Gasteiz is a very pleasant place to spend a few months. I hope it works out for him but I have to say I am not optimistic.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 06:38:18 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1008 on: August 31, 2019, 05:30:42 AM »
Best thing about this deal is it should free up best part of 1 million pounds towards a
Quality loan come January - well we can but hope!

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1009 on: September 01, 2019, 11:33:18 AM »
Has any other major signing ever played so few games, and been loaned out here, there and everywhere. Says an awful lot about the player. For everyone's sake he needs to leave permanently.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1010 on: September 01, 2019, 11:54:18 AM »
More concerning that between Burke, the Chinese kid & Sturridge  we have completely wasted about £25 million, it’s scary to think what we could done with that cash
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1011 on: September 01, 2019, 12:06:29 PM »
The Chinese kid I believe was paid for by Lai not by the transfer chest
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1012 on: September 02, 2019, 10:17:51 AM »
More concerning that between Burke, the Chinese kid & Sturridge  we have completely wasted about £25 million, it’s scary to think what we could done with that cash
Good point and to think Burke is about the most polar opposite type of player Pulis would ever want,cant imagine why he bought him.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1013 on: September 02, 2019, 10:25:09 AM »
Good point and to think Burke is about the most polar opposite type of player Pulis would ever want,cant imagine why he bought him.

I can but its libellous, so will hold my tongue
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1014 on: September 02, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »
I can but its libellous, so will hold my tongue

I would hold it as we don't know who was behind the signing whether head coach or club itself. Things like this we will never know.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1015 on: October 10, 2019, 09:29:21 PM »
Oliver was substituted at half time. Scores were level at 0-0.

80 mins Russia 3-0 Scotland
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1016 on: October 11, 2019, 10:42:53 PM »
I would hold it as we don't know who was behind the signing whether head coach or club itself. Things like this we will never know.

Do you honestly think that a transfer of this apparent magnitude was sanctioned without tp's authoritarian yes.

Obviously, the crystal Palace Court victory had nothing to do with it.

But, no way did tp not instigate this signing.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1017 on: October 12, 2019, 10:32:11 AM »
Do you honestly think that a transfer of this apparent magnitude was sanctioned without tp's authoritarian yes.

Obviously, the crystal Palace Court victory had nothing to do with it.

But, no way did tp not instigate this signing.
Having heard credible stories telling of the hold that TP had over all football related matters at the club, I for one, will always blame the Chav in the Cap for this horrendous waste of money. 

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1018 on: October 12, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »
Having heard credible stories telling of the hold that TP had over all football related matters at the club, I for one, will always blame the Chav in the Cap for this horrendous waste of money.

And so will I.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1019 on: October 12, 2019, 05:32:54 PM »

I don't think it's an understatement to say that this has been absolutely disastrous. I think if he were bought for a couple of mil then it might not have been such a waste. Though I think we got absolutely duped paying 15 mil which for us isnt simply Championship change to chuck about. Tony Pulis almost destroyed our club. I'm glad that its now the past and we're on our way back.

I wish Burke the best but I think ultimately he is overrated and being quick is fine but I struggle to recall a moment where he took a game by the neck.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1020 on: October 12, 2019, 11:54:39 PM »
Oliver was substituted at half time. Scores were level at 0-0.

80 mins Russia 3-0 Scotland

So are we saying he is a top defender???😁
MAGA!

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1021 on: October 14, 2019, 12:48:49 AM »
I don't think it's an understatement to say that this has been absolutely disastrous. I think if he were bought for a couple of mil then it might not have been such a waste. Though I think we got absolutely duped paying 15 mil which for us isnt simply Championship change to chuck about. Tony Pulis almost destroyed our club. I'm glad that its now the past and we're on our way back.
Sadly, we will still be faced with paying him for the remainder of his contract, unless some club is crazy enough to take him off our hands. If Albion are not promoted this season, that would be a chunk of our severely depleted 20/21 income.
I see he didn't make the Scottish match day squad today.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1022 on: October 14, 2019, 01:01:47 AM »
Sadly, we will still be faced with paying him for the remainder of his contract, unless some club is crazy enough to take him off our hands. If Albion are not promoted this season, that would be a chunk of our severely depleted 20/21 income.
I see he didn't make the Scottish match day squad today.

I think he had knock in the previous game so wouldn't read too much into that. The good news is he is getting some much needed game time at Alaves, I know it is not much but it is a start toward rescuing the situation. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1023 on: January 22, 2020, 07:58:21 PM »
Anyone know if there is a recall clause in Olies loan deal?

Asking for a friend  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1024 on: January 22, 2020, 08:00:32 PM »
Anyone know if there is a recall clause in Olies loan deal?

Asking for a friend  ;D

Hope not
Tell your friend
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'