Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843849 times)

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2525 on: January 05, 2019, 10:35:06 AM »
The gulf between the Premier League and Championship is large.  What is this grand achievement?  We are sitting 4th not Top with a 6pts advantage.  I've never said he's doing a poor job just think average.  If we lose Hegazi then we should maybe revise expectations?

If Stoke and Swansea were running away with the league you would have a valid point, but they're not and you don't.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2526 on: January 05, 2019, 10:51:46 AM »
My main gripe is that we clearly played the wrong personnel for too long but some of you lot refuse to see it. 

I'm suck to death of Swansea and Stoke references, who cares about them.

It's gone so it's time to park it and look forward.  We can only change the present and future.

It's important we re-focus on the squad and what it looks like come 1 Feb.  The transfer window is the most important thing for this club now.

For instance if we lose Hegazi, Barnes and Phillips then I'd take 6th all day long.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2527 on: January 05, 2019, 11:13:12 AM »
My main gripe is that we clearly played the wrong personnel for too long but some of you lot refuse to see it. 

It's gone so it's time to park it and look forward.  We can only change the present and future.

It's important we re-focus on the squad and what it looks like come 1 Feb.  The transfer window is the most important thing for this club now.

For instance if we lose Hegazi, Barnes and Phillips then I'd take 6th all day long.

You are so confusing. In an earlier post you said you didn’t see the point signing players. Now you say the window is the most important thing.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2528 on: January 05, 2019, 11:21:59 AM »
You are so confusing. In an earlier post you said you didn’t see the point signing players. Now you say the window is the most important thing.

Because of the potential of losing our most prized assets simple.  We don't need to add but replace if the need arises IMO.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2529 on: January 05, 2019, 11:23:18 AM »
But what if they are out of form, or injured? 

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2530 on: January 05, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »
The 3 mentioned won't be out of form they are a cut above in this division.

How big a squad do you want 30, 35, 40?  Only 11 start a match.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2531 on: January 05, 2019, 11:30:13 AM »
The 3 mentioned won't be out of form they are a cut above in this division.

How big a squad do you want 30, 35, 40?  Only 11 start a match.

Minimum 2 for each position, always looking to improve the quality. Don’t know what the problem is.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2532 on: January 05, 2019, 11:33:51 AM »
The bloody problem is having too many players and keeping them happy.  Do you really want 15/20 knocking Big Dave's door every week?  I've already mentioned selection issues the problem will be highlighted twofold.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:55:44 PM by MarkW »

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2533 on: January 05, 2019, 11:51:26 AM »
Minimum 2 for each position, always looking to improve the quality. Don’t know what the problem is.
Think 2 per place is a bit too much , we do however need a few quality signings for the squad and to get a few youngsters out on loan just as Burke has done Today.
Most likely will be loans in and loans out IMO.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2534 on: January 05, 2019, 11:56:48 AM »

If another member chooses to reference another club thats up to them , its a forum for all within reason of course.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2535 on: January 05, 2019, 11:59:46 AM »
The bloody problem is having too many players and keeping them happy.  Do u really want 15/20 knocking Big Dave's door every week?  I've already mentioned selection issues the problem will be highlighted twofold.

I don’t think that is our problem at all.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2536 on: January 05, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »
I don’t think that is our problem at all.
I agree the problem isn’t numbers it’s depth of quality particularly in certain positions
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2537 on: January 05, 2019, 03:30:13 PM »
Thought he got the balance of youth and experience bang on today and will have benefited greatly from seeing a number of the fringe players play.

In my opinion I’d like to see more of Harper and potentially Edwards around the first team.

Will also be interesting to see what the defence looks like against Norwich as Holgate was good at right back today, as was Tosin in the middle.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2538 on: January 10, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »

Darren has been nominated for manager of the month award  for December's unbeaten run.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2539 on: January 10, 2019, 10:46:41 AM »
Brinigng in Gary Walsh as goalkeeper coach to replace Cutler.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2540 on: January 12, 2019, 02:10:27 PM »
In my opinion, because Darren was an understudy to Pulis, he won't use our youth and prefers old men to play. Pulis has rubbed off onto him.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2541 on: January 12, 2019, 02:15:28 PM »
In my opinion, because Darren was an understudy to Pulis, he won't use our youth and prefers old men to play. Pulis has rubbed off onto him.
you mean the Pulis who used both Feild and Leko? Overall I’d agree he doesn’t like youth but he did to an ok degree while here.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2542 on: January 12, 2019, 03:00:20 PM »
Masterstroke from Darren akin to Leeds imo. His hand has been forced by injuries to Phillips and Morrison but he has gone with Rekeem who now lives and dies by his performance. Very pleased.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2543 on: January 12, 2019, 04:59:45 PM »
No Albion fan can comprehend playing 37 and 34 year olds for 90 mins when we have replacements on the bench.

Fail to win at Bolton then play offs is all we can hope for.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2544 on: January 12, 2019, 05:02:42 PM »
Manager needs changing, players need buying. Unfortunately we have an owner with no interest so nothing changes

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2545 on: January 12, 2019, 05:07:42 PM »
Manager needs changing, players need buying. Unfortunately we have an owner with no interest so nothing changes

The manager does not need changing don’t be silly

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2546 on: January 12, 2019, 05:09:53 PM »
This is the problem with owners who know jack about football but have lots of money. They don't want to invest, it's just about turnover.

Darren won't last long if he keeps failing to make subs. I question his ability to make key decisions. He seems like a nice guy, and nice guys finish last. He blathers on about a tough, busy schedule, but doesn't make use of subs.

And considering he was a defender himself, our defence is shocking. Usually the position the coach played in is the first to be improved. The reason you don't see a great number of GKs in management positions.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2547 on: January 12, 2019, 05:35:41 PM »
The manager does not need changing don’t be silly

If you like watching the Championships best striker playing left wing then fair enough, keep him. It’s criminal.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2548 on: January 12, 2019, 05:38:53 PM »
Masterstroke from Darren akin to Leeds imo. His hand has been forced by injuries to Phillips and Morrison but he has gone with Rekeem who now lives and dies by his performance. Very pleased.
probably wont play him again when livermore and mozza are back..and obviously the love child brunt will be in front of him..harper only played because of injurys not cause moore wants to play the kids..he likes them old and rubbish

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2549 on: January 12, 2019, 05:40:10 PM »
HRK/Jrod but especially HRK offer very little goal threat, Take Jrods pens away and his not even double figures, Let alone he just runs around and less said about HRK's goal record the better, I said before the game Barnes/Gayle was carrying us. Now we have only Gayle and he plays out wide!

Big Dave too nice and will babble on about learning and improving while analysing the game etc. Make subs earlier, Used to drive me mad under Roy aswell.