Author Topic: 3 Dec 2018 Albion 1 Brentford 1  (Read 34810 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: December 03, 2018, 11:33:33 PM »
Can members pay attention to the below rule - its creeping in and not wanted. Next action is an immediate 7 day ban

Instant 7 day ban for any member abusing players on the forum. We do not want posts where players or any officials are called wa**er, pricks etc. This forum is better than that.

Criticism is fine, abuse is not.     
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #226 on: December 03, 2018, 11:34:24 PM »
Have to agree with all those who said that Darren Moore should have reacted to the fact that both Phillips and Morrison were knackered for the last quarter.  Morrison played well but at his age he can't go the distance.  Worry is that they'll both be feeling the effects on Friday.    I thought that Brentford had players with potential but bad game management on Albion's part let them back in.  Note that their sub scored arriving late from an effectively uncontested mid-field . 
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #227 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:21 PM »
Morrison was a key part of our goal in the 82nd minute... We just got caught out, Gibbs was nowhere in sight either.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #228 on: December 03, 2018, 11:46:34 PM »
Morrison was a key part of our goal in the 82nd minute... We just got caught out, Gibbs was nowhere in sight either.
Morrisons man all day long but to slow to close down

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #229 on: December 03, 2018, 11:47:43 PM »
Morrison played really well tonight...but he was out on his feet with fifteen minutes to play.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2018, 11:52:28 PM »
I nearly put money on this result tonight.

We are so capable and we are so culpable.

Must try harder.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: December 03, 2018, 11:59:46 PM »
I nearly put money on this result tonight.

We are so capable and we are so culpable.

Must try harder.
player's are capable but tonight management team are culpable.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2018, 12:06:09 AM »
Looked like we started dropping deep second half inviting pressure. But knackered players probably also played a role.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2018, 12:14:43 AM »
Terrible defending for their equaliser but the throw-in that preceded it was a foul throw. Another error for the atrocious referee and linesman. The ref was about the same standard as the idiot that reffed the non-league game I watched on Saturday. However, the real reasons that we didn’t win were dreadful finishing, JRod & HRK, and not using subs to shut the game down.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #234 on: December 04, 2018, 05:29:30 AM »
You play that same game 100 times and about 95 times WBA win.  2nd half witg the time wasting we struggled to get a foothold.
Thats where in game management is needed , Moore got it wrong last night . You don't keep a woeful Jrod in the middle leaving Gayle out wide , don't bring him on if you intend to do that. 
Phillips , Livermore and especially Morrison out on their legs .Freshen the legs , slow it down .
You could seem that goal coming a mile off , time wasting ?
Nothing we havent done for 3 seasons and not that bad last night imo.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #235 on: December 04, 2018, 06:36:54 AM »
 >:( In defence of JRod...he was there for the opportunities and was unlucky a couple of times...thought he put in a "shift"...and hey..you aint going to score every attempt no matter how easy....Have people forgotten the Kanu miss on the goaline and over the bar ???? ???.

Play JRod and Gayle as front men in a 4-4-2 and the goals will flow. I also say Gayle should never be on the wing...he is a natural poacher up front.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: December 04, 2018, 07:06:34 AM »
I’m still livid after last night. This was not a good team we were up against, their first point in four games last night. There’s a reason we’ve kept one clean sheet all season despite having very good defenders for this level, just not good enough from the management. Fuming still

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2018, 07:31:14 AM »
Taking the positives out of last night, we cut them to pieces in the first half and it was great to watch. Hopefully Darren and the team learnt a few things in readiness for Friday night and we dont make the same mistakes again. Listerning to a vile fan last night he identified that our midfield was an issue, as in age and mobility, and from last nights 2nd half performance he may well be right. Also, Dwight Gayle is an out and out No9 and needs to be in that position, not grubbing around on the wing. Twenty three shots on goal in the first half with no result tells you something.

MAGA!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #238 on: December 04, 2018, 08:54:01 AM »
Quite possibly the most frustrating game ever. Cant see us beating Villa for me potentially the best team in the league now they are playing the dean smith brand of football
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #239 on: December 04, 2018, 08:56:31 AM »
disjointed because he persist's with Rodriguez who has had an absolute mare tonight plays Gayle on right wing then swaps him with Barnes then swaps him with jrod. Simple solution take of Jay put Phillips out wide for outball and use one of the four midfielders you have put on your bench. Moore will probably get us into play offs because of the quality of player he inherited but won't get us up automatically because he's not proactive with his formation a rigid 343 or 433. Substitutions seem to be a struggle for him as if he's scared to use his bench or doesn't trust them or his decision making.
I think that's it, he seems to want the players to stay how he's set them up, and no-one on the pitch seems to take the initiative - like telling our front three to tighten up inside towards the end, and/or making the decision that 2 of our midfield need to sit back and plug the gaps, even if he didn't bring on subs.  In the cold light of day, you could see why Moore might have thought we should be able to see out 15 mins (I know it ended up being 25) and a change might do more harm than good, but even with 5 mins left and a lot of injury time due someone should have done something, it was becoming so blindingly obvious they would get that "one decent chance" and the buck stops with him.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2018, 09:46:20 AM »
On another day we would have been out of sight by half time.

Jay Rod could of had 2, HRK the same, along with the other chances we created.

Seemed to lose that physicalness when Hal went off, think it was criminal to play Gayle on the wing, might aswell not be on the pitch as you lose his predator instinct inside the area.

Mozza should have been brought off just after the goal and replaced by Barry, or even Hoolahan could have slotted in and just helped us to keep the ball.

The one thing I noticed when the team was announced though, the lack of options that we had on the bench. Once Gayle is brought on, we don't have any other options on the bench that will change the game, we should of had Sako on the bench (if not fit) then at least just pop Burke on there as an option. There wasn't really much need to have Brunt, Barry, Harper and Hoolahan on the bench as they all pretty much play the same position.

Overall, its 2 points dropped and you can see the gap to the top two slowly starting to open up. If we want to go up automatically then we have to go and beat Villa.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2018, 10:00:06 AM »
Official attendance was 20,949 with 665 from Brentford. Home support surprisingly wasn't the lowest league attendance of the season the 20,284 beat the 20,227 vs Bristol City.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #242 on: December 04, 2018, 11:27:31 AM »
We played well and got hit by a sucker punch when not taking our chances - it happens. I much prefer that to games where we aren't playing well, as we weren't during that spell in October. Agree with others, I'd have made some changes in the last 10 minutes or so, let's hope Moore learns from this.

My overriding concern is that our recruitment was so poor in the summer, that is becoming more and more apparent. We didn't recruit players to play either of the systems we have played this season. Our only left footed forward goes off and we look less effective. No Phillips or Gibbs when we played with wing-backs and we looked less effective. I am hoping that we are in the top 6 and within touching distance of the top two come January and that we can get the player or two we need to have a really successful second half of the season.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #243 on: December 04, 2018, 09:59:51 PM »
feels like a defeat, we cannot afford to miss that many chances, and we certainly cannot afford to keep our top striker on the bench just because we won 3 on the bounce, don't care which way you look at it Gayle is the best striker we have all day long, and obviously we cannot say whether he would have converted the chances that the other 2 missed in the first half , but I reckon he would have got  half of them which would have been enough .
also once we did get the goal a couple of midfield subs should have been made to see out the last 15 minutes, big dave's seemingly reluctance to alter things for tactical reasons is costing us and although you cannot garuntee it will work, one thing was evident , fresh legs were needed in the middle to combat their obvious need to go forward for the leveller, two points thrown away time will tell how vital that may turn out to be

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2018, 03:39:21 PM »
Cracking first half with some truly woeful finishing.

Frustrating and puzzling second half with an inevitable equaliser.

Must have been great TV for neutral supporting SKY subscribing coach potatoes.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.