Author Topic: Can we get a season ticket refund?  (Read 56605 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Can we get a season ticket refund?
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2014, 04:53:42 PM »
Hopefully some people go through with their refund request, solely because of the utter contempt they had towards the club, its custodians, and the people on here telling them to calm down. If you're that susceptible to knee jerk reactions maybe you need to live by your snap decisions in order to learn from them.

Football is a passionate game. Supporters' passion sometimes boils over into frustration, especially when poor decisions which affect their club seem to have been made. I don't think that this sort of pompous taking of the moral high ground, using emotive language like "utter contempt" and "knee jerk reactions" really adds anything helpful to the discussion. It just shows a lack of understanding about how people feel. You seem to think that everything is rosy in the garden, or at the very least that everything is rosy until results prove otherwise. Some of us beg to differ and think that our club has some deep rooted problems and that we are in for an extremely difficult season. It is an opinion. It is different to yours, but that doesn't mean you are right.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
Football is a passionate game. Supporters' passion sometimes boils over into frustration, especially when poor decisions which affect their club seem to have been made. I don't think that this sort of pompous taking of the moral high ground, using emotive language like "utter contempt" and "knee jerk reactions" really adds anything helpful to the discussion. It just shows a lack of understanding about how people feel. You seem to think that everything is rosy in the garden, or at the very least that everything is rosy until results prove otherwise. Some of us beg to differ and think that our club has some deep rooted problems and that we are in for an extremely difficult season. It is an opinion. It is different to yours, but that doesn't mean you are right.

Football IS a passionate game timdon you're quite right but sometimes people need to take a step back & temper their frustrations & try to understand what it takes to run a club, it seems at times the Albion cant do right for doing wrong in some fans eyes & if I'm honest I do feel embarrassed by the reactionary opinions of some, however, as you rightly pointed out we're all entitled to our own, which brings me nicely to your reply to PsalmXXIII, I don't think he ever tries to take the moral high ground, on the contrary, his post's are generally unbiased & fair, the thing is, like me, he feels the need to defend the club against unfair & unbalanced criticism, doesn't make him pompous mate, just a fan with strong opinions.  8)    .

Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »
Football IS a passionate game timdon you're quite right but sometimes people need to take a step back & temper their frustrations & try to understand what it takes to run a club, it seems at times the Albion cant do right for doing wrong in some fans eyes & if I'm honest I do feel embarrassed by the reactionary opinions of some, however, as you rightly pointed out we're all entitled to our own, which brings me nicely to your reply to PsalmXXIII, I don't think he ever tries to take the moral high ground, on the contrary, his post's are generally unbiased & fair, the thing is, like me, he feels the need to defend the club against unfair & unbalanced criticism, doesn't make him pompous mate, just a fan with strong opinions.  8)    .
Fair enough, and I accept what you say, but if you read the post I quoted, even you have to admit that it does kind of come across that way

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2014, 07:03:35 PM »
Fair enough, and I accept what you say, but if you read the post I quoted, even you have to admit that it does kind of come across that way

I don't think so. Referring to our new Head Coach as "Alan Irvine" and the various names JP has been called (some of which have been deleted) qualify as utter contempt. Whilst being really angry may explain it, it doesn't justify it.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2014, 07:35:53 PM »
Wasn't going to bother replying but comments like embarrassing support, knee jerk, ban them forever and go support wolves/villa yet not one of them has addressed any of the few points I had made in this topic. I guess the likes of signor maresca, pepe mint, psalm and don't ask me to choose luv wasn't there that cold winter night with the other 6 thousand of us or went to the likes of leyton orient, Stockport or Chester when our big game was brentford no I guess they are one of our new fans who complain when we stand up and constant boo and shout abuse all last season at ridgewell, brunt and Morrison yep our new great supporters
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2014, 07:43:26 PM »
Wasn't going to bother replying but comments like embarrassing support, knee jerk, ban them forever and go support wolves/villa yet not one of them has addressed any of the few points I had made in this topic. I guess the likes of signor maresca, pepe mint, psalm and don't ask me to choose luv wasn't there that cold winter night with the other 6 thousand of us or went to the likes of leyton orient, Stockport or Chester when our big game was brentford no I guess they are one of our new fans who complain when we stand up and constant boo and shout abuse all last season at ridgewell, brunt and Morrison yep our new great supporters

I've probably got more programmes than you've been to games kirk but if you want to think you're a super fan thats fine, can I ask though, did you get a refund?

Oh & by the way, when was our big game ever Brentford?  ???
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:50:50 PM by dont ask me to choose luv »

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »

And apparently being born in the early 90s is my fault not being alive for those amazing games at 'Brentford' (the last two league fixtures played against them being when I was 1 and 2 years old and the next most recent being 1949)

I've had a season ticket since I was 5 (thank the clubs policy of kids for a quid til I was 14) and have bought my own season ticket since I was 15. I've travelled from Leeds to every home game and many away for 4 years and from Bristol for 2 years. I too made a threat that I wouldn't renew my season ticket - the cost of petrol and season tickets alone pushed me into £7-800 per season to watch my club and I was getting disillusioned by it all, by I stuck with it.

You want to question mine and others opinions go ahead it's what a forums for. I've travelled to Barnsley and Bristol Rovers, Orient, Argyle, Copenhagen, Malmo, Scunthorpe, Blackpool on a wet Tuesday. I've served my time for this club despite only
being a 'new fan' by having the fortune to miss seeing amazing games against Chester but also the huge misfortune of seeing us in the very good old days. Question my opinions but don't you ever question the love and support I give my club.

Oh and hilariously as you make a lovely point before I posted, I own shares in the club and refused to sell them last time. We weren't 'forced to sell' we were offered the chance to sell them or convert them into shares of a new holding group. Those who had one or two shares in the old share system (I had two) would need to purchase a further 8 to qualify for one 'new share'. So for 700 quid of my own savings, just before going to university I bit the bullet. And now those shares are apparently worth £3000. And a piece of paper saying I'm a shareholder means more to me than £3000+

This isn't a big swinging d*ck competition; I don't care if you go to 2 games or 2 thousand games, have shares or have programmes; I was merely suggesting if you haven't admitted you've changed your mind about a refund I hope you see it through and get one. I made a comment about knee jerk reactions and if you're that quick to give up on the club I hope you stick to it. It's one thing falling out of love for the club but in many cases people burnt their own bridges and for that they should stick to their convictions.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:20:32 PM by PsalmXXIII »

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2014, 08:19:31 PM »
And apparently being born in the early 90s is my fault not being alive for those amazing games at 'Brentford' (the last two league fixtures played against them being when I was 1 and 2 years old and the next most recent being 1949)

I've had a season ticket since I was 5 (thank the clubs policy of kids for a quid til I was 14) and have bought my own season ticket since I was 15. I've travelled from Leeds to every home game and many away for 4 years and from Bristol for 2 years. I too made a threat that I wouldn't renew my season ticket - the cost of petrol and season tickets alone pushed me into £7-800 per season to watch my club and I was getting disillusioned by it all, by I stuck with it.

You want to question mine and others opinions go ahead it's what a forums for. I've travelled to Barnsley and Bristol Rovers, Orient, Argyle, Copenhagen, Malmo, Scunthorpe, Blackpool on a wet Tuesday. I've served my time for this club despite only
being a 'new fan' by having the fortune to miss seeing amazing games against Chester but also the huge misfortune of seeing us in the very good old days. Question my opinions but don't you ever question the love and support I give my club.

Oh and hilariously as you make a lovely point before I posted, I own shares in the club and refused to sell them last time.

Touchy but it is ok for others to question their love and support for our club ? It's a shame you never delivered such a passionate response before. (I must say you would have still been a child when the shares were issued if you was born in the nineties but I congratulate you for helping to save the club)
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2014, 08:23:20 PM »
Touchy but it is ok for others to question their love and support for our club ? It's a shame you never delivered such a passionate response before. (I must say you would have still been a child when the shares were issued if you was born in the nineties but I congratulate you for helping to save the club)

Shares have been around a while. My first two were bought for me for a birthday present and I thought it was a pretty rubbish gift at the time. The people I've grown up
sitting by bought into that deal where shares equalled a 10 year season ticket type deal. When the shares were being bought by JP is when I put my own money in.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2014, 08:46:15 PM »
Friendly warning, this place is here for people to debate but don't let things get personal there is simply no need for it.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2014, 08:58:11 PM »
Got a letter today saying any ST holder who submitted a written request for a refund from June 14th-21st June would be welcome to a refund. Basically you have to send a letter to a given address to confirm your refund, otherwise the club assumes you have changed your mind.

Fair play to the club for doing this - a lot of people said that refunds wouldn't be allowed and accused the club of penny pinching. Admittedly I acted in the heat of the moment and will be keeping my ST, but if you truly want a refund then the offer is there.

Well done that man for having the kahuna's to admit he made a mistake, I bet you would of regretted it if you hadn't changed your mind, see you next season  ;)

talkSAFT

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #211 on: June 25, 2014, 09:11:45 AM »
Kirk, You're having a laugh, right?

This is your signature:

Signature:

;)

Enjoy the Etihad!

(By the way, I've been a supporter since 1958, and would have been to many more than my 750+ games if I hadn't played Saturdays back in the 70s.  That includes 98 away games). 
I'd rather Jeremy had me executed than send my Season Ticket back.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2014, 05:43:20 PM »
It looks like onlya very minor amount of fans wanted a refund but those who did have now got their wish.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/06/25/albion-cash-back-if-youre-unhappy-over-irvine/
Gera, Gera, Gera

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »
I don't like the refund idea to be honest.

I wasn't happy with the appointment of Alan Irvine but I wouldn't have considered not renewing - why should I give up something I love? I wasn't happy with his appointment but I'll be there every other Saturday giving him the support he needs, regardless of how I felt about his appointment. We've seen the idle threats about not renewing quite a lot on this forum recently and those people have still ended up renewing!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2014, 06:07:23 PM »
It looks like onlya very minor amount of fans wanted a refund but those who did have now got their wish.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/06/25/albion-cash-back-if-youre-unhappy-over-irvine/

Good shout from the club, I personally hope that those who asked for a refund have the courage of their convictions & go through with it, could be a learning curve for them for the future, don't panic & trust the club to do the right thing, some just don't realise how well run WBA are.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2014, 06:37:47 PM »
Every season we have people on here who aren't renewing because of a decision or because the games are being moved yet they always do lol

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2014, 06:58:53 PM »
Good shout from the club, I personally hope that those who asked for a refund have the courage of their convictions & go through with it, could be a learning curve for them for the future, don't panic & trust the club to do the right thing, some just don't realise how well run WBA are.

only time will tell if weve done the right thing.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »
only time will tell if weve done the right thing.

Sorry bud but how will time tell? if we have a bad season this year it'll be "we told you so", however, if we finish mid table & have a great season but get relegated the following year, those talking about a refund now will say "I should've took the refund when A'f'I got the job because I knew this would happen", either way the club can't win.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2014, 08:42:38 PM »
this is my first post on this subject as i have stayed well away, i never once thought or said i would want a refund  what else would i do on a saturday afternoon? i have been going for 47 years and was there long before peace, irvine or any of the other  people running our club, and hopefully will be there long after they have gone. but i can understand why people came on here going barmy. who on here can say they have never overeacted and said things they later regret? i think to call people idiots for having an opinion that you dont agree with is out of order. i think it is now time to put this to bed and all stick together get behind the new manager the team and the club and hope for a great new season.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: June 25, 2014, 09:02:09 PM »
It's one thing falling out of love for the club but in many cases people burnt their own bridges and for that they should stick to their convictions.

....in your opinion. Just because some people expressed their anger and frustration at the appointment of AI and threatened not to renew their season ticket in protest, they are not now allowed to adjust their reaction? Nobody burnt their bridges. Nobody has to stick with their original reaction, just because you think they should. People are allowed to say that maybe they over reacted and change their stance. Those that decide not to renew are perfectly entitled to come back again once they feel differently. The very fact that people got so het up shows their passion for the club - whether they were right or not, nobody knows yet, but we are all allowed an opinion and express it as they see fit within reason.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #220 on: June 25, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »
this is my first post on this subject as i have stayed well away, i never once thought or said i would want a refund  what else would i do on a saturday afternoon? i have been going for 47 years and was there long before peace, irvine or any of the other  people running our club, and hopefully will be there long after they have gone. but i can understand why people came on here going barmy. who on here can say they have never overeacted and said things they later regret? i think to call people idiots for having an opinion that you dont agree with is out of order. i think it is now time to put this to bed and all stick together get behind the new manager the team and the club and hope for a great new season.

You were there 2 years before I started going  ;)

You make some good points, especially regarding saying/doing things you later regret, we've all done it but many of the "I want my money backers" were posting days after the appointment of AI, not exactly the heat of the moment, worse still many of the anti Irvine brigade then found it convenient to switch there anger to Peace, exclaiming its not AI we're protesting about but Jeremy Peace for the awful way he's running the club, then low & behold we sign Joleon Lescott & suddenly many 'refunders' decide to give the club a second chance.

One other thing 59, I haven't seen anyone being called an idiot for having an opinion on here.   

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #221 on: June 25, 2014, 10:00:33 PM »
All this talk of 'I've been to this many games...' and all that doesn't prove that one loves a club more than someone who hasn't been to as many games. I find it a bit sad to be honest. Some people go to a lot of games for a number of reasons - They may have the money to do so, they may have the opportunity to do so and they may have the time to do so. Not everyone has those luxuries.

People try and invent hierarchies in every walk in life. I find it tedious.

To be honest, it's not just the AI appointment that has annoyed me, I've generally found football to be infuriating of late. I don't feel as passionate about it as I used to, which is why I hardly post anymore. It's my opinion that WBA's best footballers have gone and we won't see the likes of Bob Taylor, Andy Hunt and Paul Mardon for a long time.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #222 on: June 25, 2014, 11:06:12 PM »
Sorry bud but how will time tell? if we have a bad season this year it'll be "we told you so", however, if we finish mid table & have a great season but get relegated the following year, those talking about a refund now will say "I should've took the refund when A'f'I got the job because I knew this would happen", either way the club can't win.

with all due respect not all supporters trust the club to do the right thing, and not all supporters think wba are well run.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #223 on: June 25, 2014, 11:26:05 PM »
with all due respect not all supporters trust the club to do the right thing, and not all supporters think wba are well run.

I hear you mate & your first point is definitely open to conjecture but I think its wrong to say we're not a very well run club, no debt, low ST prices, coming 5 years in the prem & the quality of players is improving year on year.

Not aimed at you but some of our fans would find something to whinge about if we won the Champions League (you know, like that one time 'big club' down the road)

howard62baby

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2014, 01:02:44 AM »
Wonder if the club would refund my England flag only had it just over a week ,it's not even dirty, would put the refund on us finishing 10th or higher..
No body moves no body gets hurt put your hands on your head and your faces in the dirt al capone's guns don't argue !!!