Author Topic: New kit again  (Read 5077 times)

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

New kit again
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:50:10 PM »
Well just looked on wba website and the kits have been reduced, anyone else a bit sick of a new kit every year, also a few people on here said we were going to addidas, if so i would be a bit gutted, two many clubs have addidas and most of them have the same basic design.
BOING BOING

BearwoodBaggie

Re: New kit again
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 03:18:55 PM »
It is a pain, plus I like the design of our kit this year (minus the sponsor), its really smart and looks good on the players.
Next year I bet we revert to thicker stripes, which I don't like!!

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:19:17 PM »
 It's the way football is now, think almost every top club does it so it's no surprise is it?
 Personally i did like the way we used to do it ... have a kit for 2 seasons but do it in a way so that the home kit changed one season & then it was the away kits turn the following season. That way we could have a new kit to look forward but you could get a couple of seasons wear out of it before it was out of date.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:08:42 PM »
Pretty sure it is part of the deal with UMBRO that we have two new shirts a season, I believe that deal is up in the summer though so no idea what will happen.

Rich99

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 10:16:22 PM »
It's the way football is now, think almost every top club does it so it's no surprise is it?
 Personally i did like the way we used to do it ... have a kit for 2 seasons but do it in a way so that the home kit changed one season & then it was the away kits turn the following season. That way we could have a new kit to look forward but you could get a couple of seasons wear out of it before it was out of date.

Agreed.

I could be wrong, but I don't think England change there kit every year nowadays though.

As far as the Albion go, it depends what it looks like, hopefully there won't be a house on it.  Either way, I think I may purchase a new retro one, get a bit of wear out of it.

BaggieBoyLee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 10:21:53 PM »
I'm sure it was said on the old board that, if we stay up Homeserve will continue to sponsor us, and have already made plans to change the logo.
"West Bromwich Albion; making the impossible - possible"

Rich99

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »
It is a pain, plus I like the design of our kit this year (minus the sponsor), its really smart and looks good on the players.

I agree, it's a really nice looking kit this year, the best in a while, in my opinion.  However, an old story, but it was ruined by....

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 10:27:36 PM »
Yeah it was me that said that. west brom had a big say on how the logo looked. homeserve want to change it next season if we stay up.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:29:43 PM by kris_boing »
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

Rich99

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 10:29:39 PM »
At a guess, I should imagine letting a logo to be that obtrusive brought in a few extra bucks from the sponsor.

However, I can't imagine it worked out great for shirt sales.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 07:49:24 AM »
Used to be one every 2 seasons didnt it?

It is annoying i must admit, i used to get home and away but now I just purchase the one i like the most.

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 09:02:32 AM »
Pretty sure it is part of the deal with UMBRO that we have two new shirts a season, I believe that deal is up in the summer though so no idea what will happen.

Adidas are making our kits next season.

Baggiee_Boyy_Benn

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 11:05:24 AM »
I wouldn't mind Adidas TBH

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 11:31:07 AM »
I haven't heard it confirmed as Addidas as the new kit make, only rumours.

I'm sure the club has any deals in place and is waiting to see what league we are in, in regards to our sponser.

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »
Ditto mate.
That makes much more sense and would show that the commercial people are "plugged into" the fans and their needs. :o
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 01:02:33 PM »
I haven't heard it confirmed as Addidas as the new kit make, only rumours.

I'm sure the club has any deals in place and is waiting to see what league we are in, in regards to our sponser.

is it being desinged by adidas or is it the deal like Stoke have where it is off the shelf with the badge added to it like Walsall had with there Nike kits a few years ago