Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 283029 times)

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Oliver Burke
« Reply #1025 on: January 22, 2020, 09:39:12 PM »
Anyone know if there is a recall clause in Olies loan deal?

Asking for a friend  ;D

Yes there is and tell your friend he can buy him for yellow sony Walkman and bag of mouldy carrots.

But, if he wants to negotiate tell him we'll accept just a mouldy carrot.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1026 on: January 23, 2020, 07:34:46 PM »
Anyone know if there is a recall clause in Olies loan deal?

Asking for a friend  ;D

I wish we could be rid of him for good this month so we had some extra funds and wages at our disposal but nobody is stupid enough to pay out for the useless lump

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1027 on: January 23, 2020, 07:47:14 PM »
I wish we could be rid of him for good this month so we had some extra funds and wages at our disposal but nobody is stupid enough to pay out for the useless lump
Yeah, £15million was an absolute joke in today's market.  I've got a feeling Mr Pulis had a big say in this, but then he's better at assessing defensive players. Think we'll have to take a financial hit on this one and get him off our wage bill.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1028 on: January 23, 2020, 11:08:24 PM »
Seems to be playing mainly as a sub at the moment, although he did get to play at the Camp Nou last month vs Barcelona.

Awful signing in the end, worst possibly in our clubs history.
Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1029 on: January 24, 2020, 12:18:27 AM »
I have just typed up a post about the fee for Jarod Bowen to read this and realise how debilitating making big mistakes in the transfer market can be for a club like us.

He is not tearing up trees for Alaves who are in the lower reaches of La Liga and no doubt will land back with us this summer without much prospect of unloading him and 2 years left on his contract. At some point I think we just bite the bullet and buy him out and go our separate ways.

As an aside in other La Liga news Allan Nyom is playing regularly for 5th placed Getafe who are challenging for a Champions League spot. I am not quite sure what to make of that interesting fact.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1030 on: January 24, 2020, 12:21:02 AM »
I have just typed up a post about the fee for Jarod Bowen to read this and realise how debilitating making big mistakes in the transfer market can be for a club like us.

He is not tearing up trees for Alaves who are in the lower reaches of La Liga and no doubt will land back with us this summer without much prospect of unloading him and 2 years left on his contract. At some point I think we just bite the bullet and buy him out and go our separate ways.

As an aside in other La Liga news Allan Nyom is playing regularly for 5th placed Getafe who are challenging for a Champions League spot. I am not quite sure what to make of that interesting fact.

Putting FFP impact aside, I’d happily take £3m now for Burke and see that money utilized on the wages of a couple of top loan strikers for the rest of the season! 

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1031 on: January 24, 2020, 01:20:57 AM »
Putting FFP impact aside, I’d happily take £3m now for Burke and see that money utilized on the wages of a couple of top loan strikers for the rest of the season!

I think we probably have taken the hit in the accounts with a write down on his book value. I'd take £3m in a heartbeat the difficulty is finding a club to pay even that. Bit part players for clubs in the lower reaches of La Liga don't go for that sort of money and that is an issue before one takes into account his wages and I shudder to think what they might be like.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1032 on: January 24, 2020, 03:46:00 AM »
I think we probably have taken the hit in the accounts with a write down on his book value. I'd take £3m in a heartbeat the difficulty is finding a club to pay even that. Bit part players for clubs in the lower reaches of La Liga don't go for that sort of money and that is an issue before one takes into account his wages and I shudder to think what they might be like.

Qatar or China!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1033 on: February 08, 2020, 03:51:06 AM »
Got his first goal of the season as Alaves beat Eibar 2-1. Quick sell him while the going's good  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:52:48 AM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1034 on: February 08, 2020, 09:46:25 AM »
Short extract from the Spanish Sports paper Noticias Deportivas Falsas via Google translate

Just over 17,000 fans witnessed what some are calling the miracle at the Mendizorrotza when Oliver Burke on loan from West Bromwich Albion scored his first goal for El Glorioso in a comfortable win 2:1 win against Eibar. Burke starting his second game in succession for Alaves where he had become the best player on the squad largely because he hadn't played a strategy which seems have served his career well at his previous clubs WBA, Leipzig and Nottingham Forest (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8KhN2fBYdQ)

Commenting after the game coach  Asier Garitano "I am delighted for Ollie I have to confess I played him mainly just to stop people asking why I hadn't played him because he plainly is the best player at the club I mean you have seen the YouTube video right? Now I don't know what to think. **** me he doesn't do that in training

Wow I mean wow.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 07:04:06 PM by Dexy »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1035 on: March 18, 2020, 05:02:18 PM »
3 first team members of the first team squad of Alaves confirmed to have COVID 19.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1036 on: April 13, 2020, 07:47:57 PM »

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1037 on: April 13, 2020, 07:52:35 PM »
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfer-news-burke-18084856

Let them have him. Just get back something. Anything.
A bag of washers would do to get him off the wage bill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1038 on: April 14, 2020, 06:28:25 AM »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1039 on: April 14, 2020, 12:55:15 PM »
4 tins of Baked Beans. But they MUST by Heinz.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1040 on: April 14, 2020, 01:04:34 PM »

I'd take any brand.........
MAGA!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1041 on: April 14, 2020, 04:28:05 PM »
Just to manage everyone's expectations I'd check the sell by date on the tins of beans. At the best of times smaller la liga clubs have barely got a pot to pee in and these are not the best of times.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1042 on: April 14, 2020, 06:55:43 PM »

No I prefer Branston
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1043 on: April 14, 2020, 11:03:55 PM »
Has the saying go's "you want miss what youv'e never had".
time to move on for us & Oliver.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1044 on: July 26, 2020, 08:48:56 PM »
Anyone have any idea what we are going to with this lad? Does anyone know how his performances have been like in Spain? I personally cannot see anyway back but footballs a funny game

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1045 on: July 28, 2020, 08:32:52 AM »

We were well and truly conned when we bought this Burke for £11m.

“One for the future” said Pulis who happened to share the same agent as Burke.

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1046 on: July 28, 2020, 08:43:21 AM »
We were well and truly conned when we bought this Burke for £11m.

“One for the future” said Pulis who happened to share the same agent as Burke.

Should have been a stewards inquiry
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1047 on: July 28, 2020, 08:49:15 AM »
Anyone have any idea what we are going to with this lad? Does anyone know how his performances have been like in Spain? I personally cannot see anyway back but footballs a funny game

He played 31 times for Alaves scored 1 and assisted 2. In his 31 games he completed 90 mins 6 times and was in the starting 11, 14 times.

Doesn't sound too good.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oliver-burke/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/341317/saison/2019/wettbewerb/ES1/verein/1108
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1048 on: July 28, 2020, 11:22:24 PM »
He’s not going to come good, end of. We will have to cut our losses at some stage.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1049 on: July 29, 2020, 12:40:43 PM »
He’s not going to come good, end of. We will have to cut our losses at some stage.
How long is his contract???
Seems like he's been here forever.