Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 259241 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« on: September 17, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »
PLEASE KEEP ALL POSTS ABOUT ALBION PLAYERS OUT ON LOAN IN THIS THREAD PLEASE

Chris Wood has joined Millwall on loan

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wood-makes-millwall-switch-371825.aspx

CHRIS Wood has joined Millwall on a youth loan until November 20.

The Baggies have the right to recall the 20-year-old striker after 28 days.

Wood joins the Championship Lions in 17th place and is set to go straight into the squad for tomorrow’s league clash with Cardiff at The Den.

The 20-year-old Kiwi hitman enjoyed successful loan spells at Blues and Bristol City in the same division last term.

He scored ten times in 14 starts and as many substitute appearances during his time at St Andrew's and fired his first-ever professional hat-trick in a 3-0 win over Millwall last September.

Wood also sampled European competition for the first time with the Baggies’ near neighbours.

He joined Derek McInnes’ Robins for the second half of the 2011/12 campaign and scored three times in 19 appearances, including seven as a substitute, to help save them from relegation.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:05:18 PM »
I hope he does well for them, had a decent season last season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »
Played 33 minutes as a substitute in a 2 nil home defeat.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 06:27:09 PM »
Wood scored on his Millwall début.

DownInAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »
i went and watched wood play today for milwall he had a decent game nothing spectacular. looks like his in the right place in the championship though but only his debut so hopefully he will improve over the season

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »
Kemar Roofe has joined Northampton on a months loan

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/roofe-joins-cobblers-393813.aspx

KEMAR Roofe has joined Northampton Town on a 28-day youth loan until October 24.

The 19-year-old winger signed his first professional contract in January and starred for Baggies reserves last term.

He was an unused substitute for trips to Bournemouth and Manchester City during the 2011/12 campaign.

And this will be the Albion Academy product’s first domestic loan, having enjoyed a short spell in Iceland with Vikingur Reykjavik two summers ago.

Roofe joins the League Two Cobblers in ninth place and his spell at Sixfields includes games against Burton, Gillingham, Bristol Rovers, Colchester, Exeter, Barnet and Bradford.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »
Good luck, Kemar!  :)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/allan-joins-league-one-high-fliers-397030.aspx

Midfielder moves to MK Dons on 28-day youth loan

SCOTT Allan has today joined League One promotion chasers MK Dons on a 28-day youth loan.

The central midfielder, who signed for Albion from Dundee United last January, joins the fourth-placed side ahead of their home game with Crewe today.

Allan enjoyed a successful loan spell at Portsmouth last term, scoring once in 14 appearances after moving to Fratton Park in February.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »
Good luck to Allan hope he impresses for Mk Dons.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 02:13:08 PM »
I thought Allan was a winger, he played there for Portsmouth didn't he, I must have missed something. Or is it just that he is versatile?

Anyhow the best of luck to him :)

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
I thought Allan was a winger, he played there for Portsmouth didn't he, I must have missed something. Or is it just that he is versatile?

Think he can play centrally or out wide.

I think he is talented and is one of of a few youngsters for us I still have aspirations for.

Allan,Berahino, D Daniels and Hurst are our best bets of coming good in my opinion.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »

He's more of a central player, behind the forward.

bournemouth baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »
I would have preferred him going to a Championship side.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/berahino-makes-posh-move-400471.aspx

SAIDO Berahino has joined Peterborough United on a youth loan until January 2.

The Baggies have the right to recall the striker after 28 days.

Berahino made his first-team debut for Albion as a late substitute in August’s 4-2 Capital One Cup victory at Yeovil.

He moves to the Championship outfit in bottom place and is expected to go straight into the squad for tomorrow’s trip to Barnsley.

The 19-year-old forward enjoyed successful loan spells at League One Brentford and League Two Northampton last season.

He netted four times for The Bees in eight appearances, including three as a sub, and prior to that he bagged six goals in 14 league starts for the Cobblers.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 01:32:50 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/berahino-makes-posh-move-400471.aspx

SAIDO Berahino has joined Peterborough United on a youth loan until January 2.

The Baggies have the right to recall the striker after 28 days.

Berahino made his first-team debut for Albion as a late substitute in August’s 4-2 Capital One Cup victory at Yeovil.

He moves to the Championship outfit in bottom place and is expected to go straight into the squad for tomorrow’s trip to Barnsley.

The 19-year-old forward enjoyed successful loan spells at League One Brentford and League Two Northampton last season.

He netted four times for The Bees in eight appearances, including three as a sub, and prior to that he bagged six goals in 14 league starts for the Cobblers.

Good, needs game time at the highest level available, player with real potential to make it at Premiership level, good luck to the lad, did go pear shaped during his loan at Brentford though.
Baggie in Southampton

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 01:56:27 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk//news/article/hurst-makes-blues-switch-400776.aspx?

JAMES Hurst has joined Blues on a 28-day youth loan until October 28.

The 20-year-old right-back goes straight into Lee Clark’s squad for tomorrow night’s Championship trip to Cardiff.

Hurst made his Barclays Premier League debut in Albion’s 3-0 defeat at Fulham in January 2011 but the closest he has come to the first team so far this term was as an unused substitute in the 4-2 Capital One Cup win at Yeovil in August.

Last season he captained Baggies reserves to Birmingham Senior Cup glory.

He also enjoyed loan spells at Blackpool, Shrewsbury and Chesterfield.

And the full-back helped the Spireites win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Wembley in March.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
Think these are good moves, 3 of our young lads at championship teams and scott allan at a top league one side bodes well for them.

If we can get Mantom and Thorne out to the championship too and Donervon Daniels to a league one side then it means our top youngsters are all playing competitive football.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 02:51:05 PM »
Would have liked Saido to go to a bigger side but at the same time he has more chance of game time at Posh as they only really have two strikers in Barnett and Sinclair.Good luck to the kid.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 05:39:28 PM »
Good to see the latest two go on loan to the Championship a set up from their last loans and so will be interesting how they cope.

I think Thorne needs that level too.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 07:52:15 PM »
Great to see Hurst and Berahino move up to championship level now. Berahino is th most exciting player to follow but James Hurst may be the most important for this season. If he can have a good spell then maybe he could come into the reckoning for our right back birth.
Boing Boing

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »
Great to see Hurst and Berahino move up to championship level now. Berahino is th most exciting player to follow but James Hurst may be the most important for this season. If he can have a good spell then maybe he could come into the reckoning for our right back birth.

Hurst looked one of our best players pre season (epsecially at Oakwell).
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 08:33:36 PM »
It's good to see our young players going to Championship clubs but the important thing is they get time on the pitch. If they can make it at championship level there is hope they can progress to our first team.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 09:33:34 PM »
On a side note, shows how far we have come and how much Blues have fallen if they are loaning our youth players.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 09:49:19 PM »
On a side note, shows how far we have come and how much Blues have fallen if they are loaning our youth players.
Not quite, I believe Birmingham are struggling with lack of fit defenders, it's why Paul Robinson is there for a month. Easier to pull a youth from a local team than try to get him from somewhere else.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 09:56:26 PM »

I'm reliably informed they have an injury crisis in the right back department.