Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2244387 times)

baggieboy79 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #900 on: February 28, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »
They'll jam out of it again but if they did drop it would arouse a zip bursting errection in my trousers.
I only go for the beer.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #901 on: February 28, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »
Posted some lovely big losses again today even when you take into account Downing and Young transfers still around £18 million lost in a season.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #902 on: February 28, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »
Aston Villa announce £53.9m loss for 2010-11 financial year

Aston Villa bosses insist they are satisfied with the club's financial position despite announcing annual losses of almost £54m.

It does not include money raised from the sales of England wingers Ashley Young and Stewart Downing last June.

Villa revealed total income had increased by 1.3% to a record £92m.

Chief financial officer Robin Russell said: "Given the challenging economic environment we're pleased with positive trends in our financial performance."

Villa confirmed the overall loss for the year up to 31 May 2011 represents an increase from £37.6m.

The figure includes the record £24m transfer fee spent to bring England striker Darren Bent to Villa Park in January last year.

The financial statement also showed Villa's commercial income had increased by 15.9% year on year.

The Birmingham club spent £12m on changes in the football management staff, while American owner Randy Lerner invested £25m. There was an £8.3m reduction in bank borrowings.

Russell added: "The board of Aston Villa are confident that the actions taken since the end of the 2010-11 financial year have galvanised the long-term sustainability of the club and have also given us a better financial platform on which to build for future success.

"Our objectives are to compete strongly on the pitch and to achieve sustainability as well as compliance with Uefa's Financial Fair Play requirements."

continued: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17197269

and the Bosses say they are satisfied  :o
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #903 on: February 28, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
How can they be satisfied when they have losses of nearly £54 million I find that very strange.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #904 on: February 28, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »
How can they be satisfied when they have losses of nearly £54 million I find that very strange.

Well they got between £35-£40 million for Ashley Young and Stewart Downing so its probbly only a loss of around £20 million really, but still a slippery slope.
Baggie in Southampton

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #905 on: February 28, 2012, 11:07:10 PM »

Because Randy still has a mountain of Daddy's money to burn through.

Albion_Yank_7

« Reply #906 on: February 28, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
I can't see them staying up for the next couple of years- Right now, Bent is injured, Keane is back in LA, and the supporters are starting to lose faith even more so than usual. And with 54 pounds of debt, it's a matter of time before they become Portsmouth, Rangers, etc... Quite obviously, I've had no love or mercy for Villa, so hoping for the worst for them...  :D

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #907 on: February 29, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »
Beauty of it is that they are so much in debt that they cannot fford to sack McDull and his back room boys.
I bet their season tickets take a rollocking next year
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #908 on: February 29, 2012, 08:18:03 AM »
Well they got between £35-£40 million for Ashley Young and Stewart Downing so its probbly only a loss of around £20 million really, but still a slippery slope.

would they have had all that upfront? not normal practice now is it

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #909 on: February 29, 2012, 08:23:16 AM »
would they have had all that upfront? not normal practice now is it

Hello Baby Baggie :D

I think Randy is loosing interest fast but as per they wil survive like the Dingles because its a poor league this season
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #910 on: February 29, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »
my mate had a villa fan write on her facebook wall yesterday, she basically said; her boyfriend had got her son arsenal tickets for his first ever game and he was excited, and this is how the villa fans reply went..."he should go down to villa and watch a real team, it's my local team, we won the european cup back when it meant something"!

Doesn't take them long does it to mention that cup win!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #911 on: February 29, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »
my mate had a villa fan write on her facebook wall yesterday, she basically said; her boyfriend had got her son arsenal tickets for his first ever game and he was excited, and this is how the villa fans reply went..."he should go down to villa and watch a real team, it's my local team, we won the european cup back when it meant something"!

Doesn't take them long does it to mention that cup win!

I know a Villa fan who tried to bring up the European Cup win in an argument. Trouble was, the argument was with a Forest fan who used the classic line "Just the ONE European cup? Bless."
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #912 on: February 29, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
The villa fan I work with really hates me ..

I call him mr vigar (my old history teacher ) which always starts him off , then ill ask if hes going to the next match , when he says yes I go and get some paper and drawer him a map, then theres the top club in the midlands jibe, ask if his neck is ok (keep looking in the past) , can tell villa are a MASSIVE club cause there is so many empty seats, big eck dooing a great job , bruce next , gabby queen of shops etc etc etc
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #913 on: February 29, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »
Has everyone seen this open letter sent from a fan to the club?
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #914 on: February 29, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »

Jesus! that's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back, he needs to stay away from the medicine cupboard  :) what will he be like if/when they go down  ;D

I almost feel like I shouldn't be taking all this pleasure for their plight, BUT F**K IT they've ripped it out of us for long enough.

You're doing a fine job agent McLeish.   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #915 on: February 29, 2012, 03:58:45 PM »

Hide the rope  :o
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #916 on: March 02, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »
A must win game for Villa tomorrow. Im expecting it to be a tight game.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #917 on: March 02, 2012, 02:29:35 PM »
On a serious personal level i don't think AM has done so badly this year up to this point. Villa lost arguably their 2 best players and bought in no body to replace them (Insomnia has been a waste of space). Bent was never going to be effective without young and downing feeding him the ball. Collins and Dunne have both looked past it for a few seasons now and hes had a shedload of injuries to deal with. And the replacements are some 20 year old kids with no experience of premiership football. Theres not many managers to this point that would have them sitting above 12th. They say about McCleish's football I wonder if they had our own uncle roy in charge there i bet we would be hearing the same noises from the fans.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #918 on: March 02, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
He has had a very tough job from the start, they had a decent enough start to the season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

reiss

« Reply #919 on: March 03, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »
another draw again today,
conceded late equaliser, must a great time to be a villa fan :D

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #920 on: March 03, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
Comedy gold on WM.

All we need to do is look at their stadium. Look at their history. They will ALWAYS be the biggest Midlands club.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #921 on: March 03, 2012, 06:56:08 PM »
Comedy gold on WM.

All we need to do is look at their stadium. Look at their history. They will ALWAYS be the biggest Midlands club.
Plus the won the European Cup, but they don't like to mention that.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #922 on: March 03, 2012, 06:58:36 PM »
2 must win games for them at Wigan and Blackburn and only 2 points. Fulham at home next week for them.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #923 on: March 03, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »
2 must win games for them at Wigan and Blackburn and only 2 points. Fulham at home next week for them.

Why were they 'must win' games?

Mulumbu99

« Reply #924 on: March 03, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
couple of rumours on twitter big eck has resigned