Author Topic: Louie Barry  (Read 91368 times)

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Louie Barry
« Reply #175 on: January 07, 2020, 10:18:31 PM »
Wow there really are some bitter people on here, wishing him a serious injury is a disgrace to be fair.

Two points, we poach youngsters all the time from smaller clubs and I dont see anyone complaining about this, also if you are 16 and not an Albion fan and you can go to Barca and make your family for life what would you do?
Totally agree. Only anger I have is towards Barcelona to be honest.
Can't blame Barry ... or Villa for that matter.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2020, 10:25:20 PM »
Am left wondering how much Harrison is involved in all of this Conspiracy theory I know but all seems a bit to neat.
He may well have had a role in it as someone who played a big part in Barry's development. It's likely they've kept in contact and if Barry was having trouble settling then he may have recommended that Villa make an approach....that's speculation though and it's doubtful that Harrison will have broken any rules or agreements.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2020, 10:35:44 PM »
Facts -

He moved for a dream move to Barca (who can blame him).

It hasn't worked out, he wants to return home (who can blame him).

Barca want him gone as not performing, and can make money (can't blame them).

Villa have a chance to buy a talent who is s villa fan cheaply (can't blame them).

People to blame are EUFA who introduced the rules.

No hard feelings to Barry or Villa. Football systems however...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2020, 11:00:29 PM »
I hope that anyone who uses our academy system and then shows a complete lack of any loyalty to our club fails miserably, I'm not bitter, I'm just being honest, if they were to sign a contract and pay back to the club and then seek a move then I would have no real issue, too much abuse of our academy by agents and bigger clubs, without our academy they may not have reached the position they choose to abuse.
Baggie in Southampton

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2020, 11:30:11 PM »
This is probably linked to our ex Academy manager Mark Harrison moving to head up Villa's academy in the summer. Bad enough if he was just using his influence in creaming off some of our best talent direct, but at least then we would get some financial compensation out of it. Doing it this way, it just looks like we've been mugged. I hope Jenkins is taking this up with the FA.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2020, 11:30:48 PM »
Something doesn't smell good about this whole saga.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2020, 11:32:48 PM »
There’s some genuinely awful comments on this thread, people wishing serious injuries on a 16year kid need to give your head a wobble. He’s just like any other player, he is going to go to where ever the money is and wherever he feels may be best for his career, how many players would turn down Barca? His family will have been set up for life by all accounts, who is turning down that opportunity?
Him moving to another club is no different to us poaching kids from other academies.

The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2020, 01:26:21 AM »
We can only the likes of Leicester or someone further away  come and nick him.

Tbh, I was surprised the likes of man city didn't take him like Rogers, but I hope him coming back is because he's deemed as totally c rap.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2020, 02:38:25 AM »
Facts -

He moved for a dream move to Barca (who can blame him).

It hasn't worked out, he wants to return home (who can blame him).

Barca want him gone as not performing, and can make money (can't blame them).

Villa have a chance to buy a talent who is s villa fan cheaply (can't blame them).

People to blame are EUFA who introduced the rules.

No hard feelings to Barry or Villa. Football systems however...
Are they all absolute facts? If so, then you’ve missed out a rather important fact (alleged) ... Barcelona haven’t paid us.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 12:18:48 PM by costa blanca baggie »
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #184 on: January 08, 2020, 04:33:00 AM »
There’s some genuinely awful comments on this thread, people wishing serious injuries on a 16year kid need to give your head a wobble. He’s just like any other player, he is going to go to where ever the money is and wherever he feels may be best for his career, how many players would turn down Barca? His family will have been set up for life by all accounts, who is turning down that opportunity?
Him moving to another club is no different to us poaching kids from other academies.

Have they been actually paid, I wonder, or was it just a promise based on the lad's progress. Barcelona have huge debts and still haven't paid Liverpool for Coutinho.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2020, 06:35:01 AM »
Wow there really are some bitter people on here, wishing him a serious injury is a disgrace to be fair.

Two points, we poach youngsters all the time from smaller clubs and I dont see anyone complaining about this, also if you are 16 and not an Albion fan and you can go to Barca and make your family for life what would you do?

I would not wish him harm, I also had no particular problem with the original move to Barcalona, it sucks from our perspective but that's not the player's fault. However I do have an issue with him rocking up at Villa just 6 months latter for a significant fee when our ex Head of Recruitment went to Villa Park at roughly the  same time as Barry went to Barca.

I have a huge problem with Barca not paying the initial compensation and if I was at the club I would be complaining to the FA and UEFA and do everything I could to block the move until the compensation was paid,
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2020, 08:00:04 AM »
Not our player anymore, it sucks that he may go to Villa as the whole move to Barca for a pittance is beyond a joke but it's not the lads fault and dare I say it I can't fault the villa for having a sniff around either.

Be angry at the joke of a system that allows academy players to move for a pittance.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2020, 08:03:31 AM »
Are they all absolute facts? If so, then you’ve missed out a rather important fact (alleged) ... Barcelona have paid us.

Yes, my comments are facts.

Your comment in bold I am confused by.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2020, 09:39:12 AM »
This doesnt sit well with me as it can be taken advantage of far to easy. For example if spurs wanted Ferguson but didn’t want to pay the tribunal fee of say 5 million, what’s stopping them from getting an overseas club to buy him for 300k or whatever the price is set at then agree to pay 1.5 million? I’m not saying Villa have done this but you can see how agents and clubs could work it

I think you're on the right track with that argument, allegedly WBA predicted the outcome we're seeing, but were powerless to do anything. I understand the club are taking legal advice.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2020, 10:04:21 AM »
a 16 year old villa fan leaves Albion for Barca and 'doesn't settle' after a few months and somehow finds himself at Villa for a much smaller fee than Villa would have to have paid if he'd gone straight there.........not suspicious at all is it.

He's a kid so good luck to him but hopefully there's some ability to make Villa pay a more realistic fee - I doubt it on our recent experiences. You do wonder where this is all going with Ferguson and other promising youngsters able to chase the cash before they even have a sniff of making it......funny ol game
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:07:27 AM by darbolina »

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2020, 10:15:39 AM »
a 16 year old villa fan leaves Albion for Barca and 'doesn't settle' after a few months and somehow finds himself at Villa for a much smaller fee than Villa would have to have paid if he'd gone straight there.........not suspicious at all is it.

He's a kid so good luck to him but hopefully there's some ability to make Villa pay a more realistic fee - I doubt it on our recent experiences. You do wonder where this is all going with Ferguson and other promising youngsters able to chase the cash before they even have a sniff of making it......funny ol game
Isnt the guy who was overlooking our academy at the time Barry left now filling the same role at Villa? The whole thing has a pre arranged feel to it, even down to Barca not paying, almost like they knew he was never theirs.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2020, 10:44:10 AM »
I’m not sure I buy the conspiracy to be honest. I don’t think villa would have prepped a giant like Barca to do this, I think they would have used a smaller beast. 

Also, a subtle difference but people saying things like the transfer is void if Barca don’t pay, and you can’t have a contract without consideration etc are missing that Barca have no contract with us. The fee is imposed by a governing body. Barca’s contract is with Barry.

If he does go to Villa, it’s almost certain we will be left screwed. They might well do something to stop it happening in future, but it’s not likely to help us retrospectively.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2020, 11:33:21 AM »
FAO moderators - can I ask why a number of posts from between July to January have been removed?

I mentioned that Albion would go nuts when Barry returned and this was a few weeks ago.

No posts have been removed unless some got snipped when we changed servers but this has also been discussed in another thread so now hopefully people will stick to the one with the players name in the subject box

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2020, 11:34:46 AM »
Isnt the guy who was overlooking our academy at the time Barry left now filling the same role at Villa? The whole thing has a pre arranged feel to it, even down to Barca not paying, almost like they knew he was never theirs.
Am leaning toward this but feel it is more Harrison than it is Villa and the lad would have been headed towards wherever he pitched up. It all seems to neat not to have had some pre planning . Leave without contract offer , stick it out until next window opens with buyers not fulfilling their obligations , return almost as soon as next window opens.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2020, 11:36:05 AM »
Not sure theres any actual conspiracy but if Harrison has known him for as long as he has then maybe he keeps in touch and if the player is not happy why wouldn't Harrison go to the villa board and drop them the nod about a quality youngster not happy and wanting to come back to England?

I think the only ones at fault here are Barcelona, they can sell the player for £1.5m, pay us and still end up in a nice profit

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »

Does it though? The facts are quite simple really aren't they?

One of our Academy players gets a move to Barcelona. He is all 'starry eyed' and thinks he will be playing alongside Messi very shortly, goes over there and after watching him the man from Del Monte says no. In the meantime a youth coach who has worked with Barry takes up a post with vile. It is fair to assume that youth coach has been in touch with a player he has been working closely with, and when Barry tells him that he has been given the 'Spanish archer', said youth coach mentions it to Smith and co, who assess the situation and pay money for him.

The fact that Barcelona may or may not have paid us is irrelevant to the situation, that is one for the lawyers.

I imagine that Barca get through hundreds of youth players a year looking for the next new Messi etc, so I don't for one second think that this is anything other than a sequence of events.
MAGA!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2020, 12:02:27 PM »
George Thorne now plying his trade at Oxford and surprise surprise, out injured, there is more to looking after players than the £ signs in agents and players eyes, payers should show more loyalty and then get looked after by the club, our injury record and science is top notch, some players should take a look at that before jumping ship.
Baggie in Southampton

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2020, 12:07:00 PM »
Does it though? The facts are quite simple really aren't they?

One of our Academy players gets a move to Barcelona. He is all 'starry eyed' and thinks he will be playing alongside Messi very shortly, goes over there and after watching him the man from Del Monte says no. In the meantime a youth coach who has worked with Barry takes up a post with vile. It is fair to assume that youth coach has been in touch with a player he has been working closely with, and when Barry tells him that he has been given the 'Spanish archer', said youth coach mentions it to Smith and co, who assess the situation and pay money for him.

The fact that Barcelona may or may not have paid us is irrelevant to the situation, that is one for the lawyers.

I imagine that Barca get through hundreds of youth players a year looking for the next new Messi etc, so I don't for one second think that this is anything other than a sequence of events.

I tend to agree with this, if he had pitched up at Lazio / Roma we would be pi553d off but when its vile we are outraged. The Harrison element is entirely logical in my view, if I wanted to "get home" who would I call (not ghostbusters)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2020, 12:17:51 PM »
Yes, my comments are facts.

Your comment in bold I am confused by.
Oops! I meant haven’t paid us. I should correct that.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 12:23:21 PM by costa blanca baggie »
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2020, 12:47:09 PM »
Like many others on here I am not happy about this. These things happen however and I also feel that the fact he is a Villa fan (if true) has little or nothing to do with what looks like is going to happen.