Author Topic: Paul Gascoigne  (Read 23575 times)

NEBaggie

• Junior Baggie

Re: Paul Gascoigne
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2014, 07:20:57 AM »
I think I'm brushing Gazza with a broad stroke and trying to sympathise with him without really considering context too much.

When I reflect on his 'story' I've got to say that I am inclined to agree with various people here. He has been afforded very many opportunities to get himself out of this. Some of the advice he has been given and some of the people he has chosen to support him have been incredibly poor at times, and so he has possibly become apathetic to help when it is provided. In that regard, various people have failed him.

However, if he has been continually offered opportunities by others and he has shown a willing to recover and then simply thrown in the towel...that's a different matter and I can understand the cynicism of others.

It's a tough one.

You don't want Gazza to be an 'example' of every alcoholic depressive, as he simply isn't. In this case, however, unlike some other people who can and should be defended and supported,  Gazza simply doesn't get it.
"Well, love is insanity. The ancient Greeks knew that. It is the taking over of a rational and lucid mind by delusion and self-destruction. You lose yourself, you have no power over yourself, you can't even think straight."

I guess I'm in love with West Brom...I have been for around 3 months now.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »
one thing with this is that people say that it is only in the papers and press because of who he is and if it was just some random guy in the street people would just walk by and think it's just another drunk.

that is true but at the same time Gazza has probably had more help than anyone with this addiction/illness/problem of his due to who he is.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2014, 08:22:06 AM »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »
Ive said he wont last 5 years.

He looks awful, he cant stop and it WILL kill him and its such a shame as he was my hero

Not anymore though
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »
He wont last much longer which is a massive shame.

He looks like hes on another planet in some of those pictures.

Hopefully a miracle sees him turn his life around but I cant see it happening.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »
He is killing himself...his choice unfortunately

This guy was my idol and yet now ive nothing for him. He had so much to give back too football and decided to pee it all up the wall.

Ive no sympathy for him anymore, if he had included people in his life and surrounded himself with people and football I dont think he would be the way he is now, instead he went alone and let the demons take control.

Dead within a year is my reckoning

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2014, 03:01:58 PM »

This guy was my idol and yet now ive nothing for him. He had so much to give back too football and decided to pee it all up the wall.

Ive no sympathy for him anymore, if he had included people in his life and surrounded himself with people and football I dont think he would be the way he is now, instead he went alone and let the demons take control.

That's the whole point, they can't see all of the support they have because the addition is so much bigger than anything - fame, opportunity, even people and loving support.

I know this because my brother is exactly the same, had loads of musical talent by the way and now his hands don't even work properly. I don't judge him, addiction isn't that black and white. All od that said though I believe the brother I had is 90% lost (in terms of the person I knew) and most likely that is exactly the same with Gazza.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2014, 03:59:39 PM »
That's the whole point, they can't see all of the support they have because the addition is so much bigger than anything - fame, opportunity, even people and loving support.

I know this because my brother is exactly the same, had loads of musical talent by the way and now his hands don't even work properly. I don't judge him, addiction isn't that black and white. All od that said though I believe the brother I had is 90% lost (in terms of the person I knew) and most likely that is exactly the same with Gazza.

I know someone who went through the same aswell..brilliant musician and a fantastic artist but the drink ruled everything and he became nothing but a scumbag in the eyes of many..

Its a shame but I really have no sympathy for anyone that is given chance after chance after chance and has friends helping them out and for all the help they give its thrown back in their faces.

Quite obviously he wants to kill himself, he has said so himself, if he doesnt want to be here then let him drink himself into oblivion. No skin off my nose,  can watch videos of him from when I did look upto him and forget everything else that happened once he gave up on himself

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »
I know someone who went through the same aswell..brilliant musician and a fantastic artist but the drink ruled everything and he became nothing but a scumbag in the eyes of many..

Its a shame but I really have no sympathy for anyone that is given chance after chance after chance and has friends helping them out and for all the help they give its thrown back in their faces.

Quite obviously he wants to kill himself, he has said so himself, if he doesnt want to be here then let him drink himself into oblivion. No skin off my nose,  can watch videos of him from when I did look upto him and forget everything else that happened once he gave up on himself

Fair point and unfortunately roughly where I am with my own flesh and blood!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2014, 05:02:30 PM »
Fair point and unfortunately roughly where I am with my own flesh and blood!

Shame to hear that mate, when its your own flesh and blood I can imagine it is a slightly different kettle of fish

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2015, 10:35:37 AM »
Looking fit and healty again despite the beard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3119573/Get-rid-goatee-Gazza-look-like-Gary-Glitter-Football-fans-urge-England-great-shave-beard-unveiling-new-healthy-look-film-premiere.html

I would love nothing more than Gazza to be on the straight and narrow and get a job back in football, he has so much to offer. However, I think this is only temporary and can see Gazza back on it soon and ultimately dead. 

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2015, 10:43:13 AM »
Looking fit and healty again despite the beard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3119573/Get-rid-goatee-Gazza-look-like-Gary-Glitter-Football-fans-urge-England-great-shave-beard-unveiling-new-healthy-look-film-premiere.html

I would love nothing more than Gazza to be on the straight and narrow and get a job back in football, he has so much to offer. However, I think this is only temporary and can see Gazza back on it soon and ultimately dead.

Have to agree with the last part there. Haven't we seen him doing "well" many times before? There's only so many chances he's going to get before his body gives up.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2015, 12:55:53 PM »
Have to agree with the last part there. Haven't we seen him doing "well" many times before? There's only so many chances he's going to get before his body gives up.

he was on radio the other day and sounded like he was getting back to his old self.
I hope it can last, despite his issues he seems to be a nice guy underneath it all, some of his acts of generosity (which people phoned in to recount after his interview) are highly commendable.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2015, 03:48:09 PM »
Shame how the booze entered he's life such a character and wonderfully gifted player who had more passion for England than all of the current set up put together, Its a shame he doesn't want to die people don't want to drink but he has had many chances and like someone else said if he wasn't PG you would just say there's another bum, Hes stories on the BBC website last couple days have been brilliant.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2018, 12:40:06 PM »
Looks like he's been charged with sexual assault on a train now.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2018, 02:18:47 PM »
I like to know why he's been named in the press , yet grooming  gangs who do far more serious crimes are aloud to live normal lives until found guilty,  could any one tell me the reason for this ?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2018, 03:43:26 PM »
I like to know why he's been named in the press , yet grooming  gangs who do far more serious crimes are aloud to live normal lives until found guilty,  could any one tell me the reason for this ?

Because Paul Gascoigne aka Gazza sells, whereas Mohammed Malik aka Pervert does not.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2018, 03:57:43 PM »
Because Paul Gascoigne aka Gazza sells, whereas Mohammed Malik aka Pervert does not.
And that is where it's wrong ,

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2018, 04:33:33 PM »

Alcoholism is a disease it can be beaten but you need a strong willpower and have to want or have a good reason to beat it.
Unfortunately for Gazza I don't think he has either.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2018, 09:20:37 PM »
Surprised he's still alive. Not drunk himself to death

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2018, 08:05:29 AM »

I think it is because once he is charged then it is a matter of public record, ie; he will be appearing at a Magistrates Court in a few days to start the legal process. He was arrested in August apparently and it was not publicised then to my knowledge. Now he has been charged there is little to prevent it becoming public knowledge. Doesnt always work that way - think of Paul Gambachinni, Cliff Richard etc Unfortunately big names are big news........ personally I dont agree with it and I am pleased that both are/have sued the various authorities for damages etc

MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2019, 06:24:20 PM »
Gazza’s Sexual Assault Case: The jury have retired to consider its verdict.

I think if he is found guilty, it might result in a custodial sentence for him
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2019, 09:39:22 AM »
Gazza’s Sexual Assault Case: The jury have retired to consider its verdict.

I think if he is found guilty, it might result in a custodial sentence for him
I think they might use the argument that there is no public interest in him going to prison and give him a big fine, suspended sentence and a massive community order

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2019, 01:05:57 PM »
not guilty of sexual assult, a lesser charge is possible
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties