Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 850749 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2375 on: December 20, 2018, 10:51:37 PM »
I think it’s something to do with being too lazy to type.

One to add to the text speak list maybe
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2376 on: December 20, 2018, 10:52:55 PM »
That's 46 points
We would stay up

Also known as the Pulis plan

How boring would that be ....
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2377 on: December 21, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »
Also known as the Pulis plan

How boring would that be ....

Middlesbrough are on line one.........  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2378 on: December 22, 2018, 05:34:13 PM »
Best away run in a decade

50 goals already

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2379 on: December 22, 2018, 06:13:53 PM »
I think it’s something to do with being too lazy to type.

I typed the post quick enough that I didn't even realise I'd typed it that way!

This afternoon illustrates my point however. We kept a clean sheet but it seems like Rotherham had several chances to score, including a penalty. Did the team deserve a clean sheet today but not against Brentford or Leeds? I would say no.

Man City conceded three today, and it sounds like at least one was a great strike. However well you set up these kind of strikes (and likewise terrible misses) can't be legislated for.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2380 on: December 23, 2018, 02:52:19 AM »
Loving the fact that Darren Moore doesn't change a winning team. That's a real positive for me. He seems to believe in if you have the shirt and you perform you keep it and others have to wait for their chance whoever they are.

Players seem to be loving life at the Hawthorns. Every time you see them there seems to be a smile on every face and a spring in every step.

Fantastic.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2381 on: December 23, 2018, 04:38:45 AM »
How nice it is to not find this thread filled with moans and groans post match, well done Mr Moore it's an A+ for the season so far from me.
Keep up the good work
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2382 on: December 27, 2018, 08:21:04 AM »
A bit quieter on here which suggests that there’s little for those who love to have a dig at Darren to see at the moment. No doubt they will be back when we next lose and tell us he’s not good enough and doesn’t speak with enough intelligence - but the results don’t provide that opportunity just yet.

As I’ve said consistently I think he’s doing a great job when you consider everything that he inherited from the monsters of Pulis and Pardew. An incredible turn around in club morale, pride and culture, team morale, playing style and now results. He’s still not happy and he still wants to improve but some of the issues are less glaring and the team is gradually refining the rough edges as Darren makes tactical switches both within games and between games to improve us and get the results.

Let’s hope we continue to see him learn and develop our team further.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2383 on: December 27, 2018, 09:22:22 AM »
A bit quieter on here which suggests that there’s little for those who love to have a dig at Darren to see at the moment. No doubt they will be back when we next lose and tell us he’s not good enough and doesn’t speak with enough intelligence - but the results don’t provide that opportunity just yet.

As I’ve said consistently I think he’s doing a great job when you consider everything that he inherited from the monsters of Pulis and Pardew. An incredible turn around in club morale, pride and culture, team morale, playing style and now results. He’s still not happy and he still wants to improve but some of the issues are less glaring and the team is gradually refining the rough edges as Darren makes tactical switches both within games and between games to improve us and get the results.

Great post and one that I totally agree with. I trust him to do the right thing in terms of team selection and in game management. I also trust that he will do all in his power to get a new right back when the window opens. Even the very limited Wigan team highlighted the need to do that yesterday.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2384 on: December 27, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »
I know this is a bit weird, but,
I am actually enjoying having a manager who is not an ego, does not court the media, and is a football man.
I can unfortunately old enough to remember the days when we picked up a paper usually the Sports Argus and read "FOOTBALL" reports, who the line ups were, who played well, who didn't, how the vital moves developed etc, etc,
We were not subjected to page after page of Mourinhio this, Guardiola that.... ad nauseum, 
The reporters actually reported on the match not the pontifications of Pulis, Allardyce, Dyche or any other soundbite merchant they could rustle up.
As long as DM and his team keep trying to entertain and win games they will be alright by me,

Not to say I won't comment when I think they are missing a trick or slow to react to situations, if they makes me a bad fan as some seem to think then so be it.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2385 on: December 27, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »
Totally agree,who said Dave has to be eloquent?
He's a top bloke and he's one of us.
We can understand him that's good enough for me.
Since he took charge at back end of premier season and up till now,how many games has he lost?
Nuff said.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2386 on: December 27, 2018, 07:47:06 PM »
I'm happy we're doing well, but I still see things from him that irk me.

Against Wigan I saw the team, and said to my mates "So what order are Robson-Kanu, Morrison, and Brunt coming on in?". Now granted there were valid reasons for the introduction of each this time, but the fact is that he goes for the same changes far too often.

He said a few weeks ago that the younger players need X number of games before you know what you're going to get from them - Rotherham would have been perfect to see Harper get a few minutes to see what he can do, but he's just making up the numbers. Field has been ignored since we lost back-to-back games, but that was Moore's fault, not his.

So yeah, it's good to see a manager who is effectively 'one of us' doing well, and we could easily be celebrating after 46/49 games. But he is still learning, and if I can pick up on his faults, I hope he will do too. I still see a few too many dinosaur traits though.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2387 on: December 27, 2018, 10:06:04 PM »
I'm happy we're doing well, but I still see things from him that irk me.

Against Wigan I saw the team, and said to my mates "So what order are Robson-Kanu, Morrison, and Brunt coming on in?". Now granted there were valid reasons for the introduction of each this time, but the fact is that he goes for the same changes far too often.

He said a few weeks ago that the younger players need X number of games before you know what you're going to get from them - Rotherham would have been perfect to see Harper get a few minutes to see what he can do, but he's just making up the numbers. Field has been ignored since we lost back-to-back games, but that was Moore's fault, not his.

So yeah, it's good to see a manager who is effectively 'one of us' doing well, and we could easily be celebrating after 46/49 games. But he is still learning, and if I can pick up on his faults, I hope he will do too. I still see a few too many dinosaur traits though.

What are those? Playing attacking football with an expansive style while winning football matches.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2388 on: December 27, 2018, 10:14:34 PM »
What are those? Playing attacking football with an expansive style while winning football matches.

I think his team's score far to many goals and he also keeps trying new things. Clearly to many players want to play for him as well.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2389 on: December 27, 2018, 11:29:02 PM »
I am hoping that, for the Sheffield Wednesday game he starts Sako alongside JRod, although I expect that honour will go to HRK. I would also like to see Sam Field given another run out if and when he rests Gareth Barry. However, if that doesn’t happen I’ll just have to be happy with the win!

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2390 on: December 28, 2018, 04:32:43 AM »
I am hoping that, for the Sheffield Wednesday game he starts Sako alongside JRod, although I expect that honour will go to HRK. I would also like to see Sam Field given another run out if and when he rests Gareth Barry. However, if that doesn’t happen I’ll just have to be happy with the win!

I totally understand why you would want to see these two get some time - they are potentially two very good players. But to be frank I think it would be negligent to start Sako when he has done little to date and we are on such a strong run of form, and Field must be 6th choice in midfield at the moment? We have to do everything we can to get the points.

The cup team will be interesting though. I’d expect to see something if Sako at least.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2391 on: December 28, 2018, 10:31:44 AM »
I have a certain amount of sympathy with Darren in terms of youngsters. Firstly I'll restate my view that the club has to develop young players capable of playing at Premier League level as a matter of routine if we are going to flourish as a club. As such the current crop should be able to hold their own at Championship level and therefore I am a little disappointed they are not getting game time.

However Darren has to survive as a Head Coach I don't. Given that a sequence of 4 games without a win triggered calls for his sacking (not widespread but they were out there) how many risks is it reasonable for him to take? Besides which his first XI are playing well. Long term you would want to see Field in for Barry but Barry is playing out of his skin right now. Leko/Burke for Barnes anyone? Harper for Livermore? Edwards for Phillips? At some point injuries suspensions and fatigue will kick in and we will need the youngsters but while we are playing well and accumulating points then Moore won't make changes for changes sake.

I suspect there will be wholesale changes for the cup game and I don't blame him one bit for that. With regard to Sako v HRK nothing that I have seen from Sako recently suggests that he is an ugrade on HRK who has done reasonably well whenever he has come into the side.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:22:46 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2392 on: December 28, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »
He’s hopefully learning from his mistakes now, but I still cannot forget the awful decisions he has made thus far this season, playing 5 at the back for so long, keeping Brunt and Barkley in the team for so long etc. With the latter especially it was only them both being injured that prevented them being played against Leeds where things finally clicked, I do not doubt for a second that if they’d been fit, Darren wouldn’t have made the changes he did.

From my perspective, we should be top of this league so I can’t exactly call Darren a success thus far being 6 points off the top despite having the best squad.

As an aside for the mods, i do not understand the logic here sometimes. If someone like myself on a losing run had said ‘there’s not much noise from the happy clappers’ a nice 7 day ban would have come my way. Frazzle says the same in the other direction and nothing is mentioned? Bizarre

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2393 on: December 28, 2018, 11:35:40 AM »
He’s hopefully learning from his mistakes now, but I still cannot forget the awful decisions he has made thus far this season, playing 5 at the back for so long, keeping Brunt and Barkley in the team for so long etc. With the latter especially it was only them both being injured that prevented them being played against Leeds where things finally clicked, I do not doubt for a second that if they’d been fit, Darren wouldn’t have made the changes he did.

From my perspective, we should be top of this league so I can’t exactly call Darren a success thus far being 6 points off the top despite having the best squad.

As an aside for the mods, i do not understand the logic here sometimes. If someone like myself on a losing run had said ‘there’s not much noise from the happy clappers’ a nice 7 day ban would have come my way. Frazzle says the same in the other direction and nothing is mentioned? Bizarre

who says nothing has been said?

unless you are involved in the inner workings of the mod team then perhaps you shouldnt assume that nothing has been said to people.

Not everything is posted in the main forum, we do work behind the scenes aswell
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2394 on: December 28, 2018, 11:53:57 AM »
who says nothing has been said?

unless you are involved in the inner workings of the mod team then perhaps you shouldnt assume that nothing has been said to people.

Not everything is posted in the main forum, we do work behind the scenes aswell

Bit like Spooks really isn't it?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2395 on: December 28, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »

The failed attempt to sign Tavernier left the team without a right back. Adaraboyio was played there against Forest and had a torrid time, from there on in DM reverted to the 5-3-2. I suspect the 5-3-2 was never DM's first choice system and was only utilised after having his hands tied regarding signings for much of the summer and Tosin's early performance in that position being inadequate.

To play the 5-3-2 meant that Bartley had to play and that the three centre backs had to adopt to a system they were perhaps unfamiliar with. It also meant Philips playing as a wing back. Calling this system a mistake is easy to do from the stands but there seems to be method to DM's madness when looking at the bigger picture.

Morrison and Brunt weren't playing due to injury etc. which meant the squad was stretched further, hence Brunt in the middle for a time.

As to having the best squad, I would say no, we don't. We may arguably have the best first XI, and a decent squad, but we lack that little bit of depth. The best squad wouldn't have to utilise an inexperienced CB at RB unless they had many injuries, which we do not.

Tosin has played at RB and done a solid job, but this is still far from an ideal solution in a position that I expect to see strengthened in the window. After that we may be closer to having the 'best squad'.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2396 on: December 28, 2018, 05:16:18 PM »

I think you must be in the minority of people that expect us to be on top of the league. You don’t believe we have the right manager and don’t seem to rate many in our squad so why would you expect us to be top. I’ll say it again, this is a tough and competitive league and given the nightmare he inherited I think he has done really well to be where we are at this stage of the season.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2397 on: December 28, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »
The failed attempt to sign Tavernier left the team without a right back. Adaraboyio was played there against Forest and had a torrid time, from there on in DM reverted to the 5-3-2. I suspect the 5-3-2 was never DM's first choice system and was only utilised after having his hands tied regarding signings for much of the summer and Tosin's early performance in that position being inadequate.

To play the 5-3-2 meant that Bartley had to play and that the three centre backs had to adopt to a system they were perhaps unfamiliar with. It also meant Philips playing as a wing back. Calling this system a mistake is easy to do from the stands but there seems to be method to DM's madness when looking at the bigger picture.

Morrison and Brunt weren't playing due to injury etc. which meant the squad was stretched further, hence Brunt in the middle for a time.

As to having the best squad, I would say no, we don't. We may arguably have the best first XI, and a decent squad, but we lack that little bit of depth. The best squad wouldn't have to utilise an inexperienced CB at RB unless they had many injuries, which we do not.

Tosin has played at RB and done a solid job, but this is still far from an ideal solution in a position that I expect to see strengthened in the window. After that we may be closer to having the 'best squad'.

Excellent post. I don’t think Tavernier will ever happen.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2398 on: December 28, 2018, 05:30:24 PM »

if he doesnt finish top 2 with the first team we have then he has failed in his position. we are a couple of injurys away from been an average team eg gayle and barnes who arent our players...i wouldnt trust moore with money to spend bartley rubbish, sj ok, mears hoolhan sako a joke. he is still getting alot of luck

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2399 on: December 28, 2018, 05:38:48 PM »
if he doesnt finish top 2 with the first team we have then he has failed in his position. we are a couple of injurys away from been an average team eg gayle and barnes who arent our players...i wouldnt trust moore with money to spend bartley rubbish, sj ok, mears hoolhan sako a joke. he is still getting alot of luck

So he managed to keep the squad together to give us a first team that you think means we should be top 2 - yet you give him no credit. He signs Gayle and Barnes on loan - yet no credit for picking them and convincing them to come to us. What he does get is a hard time for the short term signings of Sako etc that have cost the club very little and were clearly signed to give the squad the depth we need in the short term.

Joke in my view. This is why I despair.

Now if you’d said that we shouldn’t have signed some of those players and instead utilised the youth a bit more then I’d have probably agreed with you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 05:40:19 PM by frazzle »