Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2551177 times)

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #4175 on: August 27, 2015, 07:23:47 PM »
It hasn't leaked it's an official statement. I like your info mate but if Jezza says he's staying then that'll do for me.

I don't think he meant leaked in that sense.

My assumption would be that Peace has said it to essentially make a point to Spurs. The point being, unless you offer us the circa 25 mil that has been mooted, up front and not drib drab add ons, then he won't be moving.

It also qualms the media speculation and should help keep the focus on the football as opposed to constant transfer speculation.

I could be wrong.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4176 on: August 27, 2015, 07:29:49 PM »
Can someone please reply to the "Peace has been reverse Levy'd" Spurs forum informing them that they've have in fact been Peace'd

Levy vs Peace, this is truly a Clash of the TIGHTans  :D

Ah ah Spurs message boards comical

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4177 on: August 27, 2015, 07:31:28 PM »
Can someone please reply to the "Peace has been reverse Levy'd" Spurs forum informing them that they've have in fact been Peace'd

LOL like that  ;D

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4178 on: August 27, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »

Which bald eagle will land

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4179 on: August 27, 2015, 07:41:48 PM »
It shows what a good job JP as done for this club, we are in a position now we can't be push around by so called "bigger clubs". We are financially sound and don't after sell our prized assets to make ends meet.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4180 on: August 27, 2015, 07:43:10 PM »
I'll tell you straight up, this is just a response to Spurs tactics. If somebody offers 30m or close to, Berahino will be gone by Tuesday night. Doubt he will end up at Spurs as I don't think they can afford to meet his asking price without sacrificing other positions.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4181 on: August 27, 2015, 07:44:10 PM »
You have to love Jeremy. He is a God amongst men.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4182 on: August 27, 2015, 07:44:51 PM »
I hope he still goes but not to Spurs

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4183 on: August 27, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »
I'll tell you straight up, this is just a response to Spurs tactics. If somebody offers 30m or close to, Berahino will be gone by Tuesday night. Doubt he will end up at Spurs as I don't think they can afford to meet his asking price without sacrificing other positions.

For sure, not much has changed really. Spurs fans piling on the pressure on Levy now, will he crack? Was a very clever statement.

Whatever happens, even if Berahino still leaves. Peace has won, will mean we got what we want.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4184 on: August 27, 2015, 07:47:42 PM »
I don't care if he stays or goes. JP is doing his absolute best for Albion, and if Saido ws half as committed he'd be twice the player he is.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4185 on: August 27, 2015, 07:57:02 PM »
Win win move from JP  , either Spurs stump up or another club gazumps them or Saido stays with TP behind him and an eye on the euros.Great move from JP.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4186 on: August 27, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »
For sure, not much has changed really. Spurs fans piling on the pressure on Levy now, will he crack? Was a very clever statement.

Whatever happens, even if Berahino still leaves. Peace has won, will mean we got what we want.

Of course he will have. £25m better off and no time to reinvest it.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4187 on: August 27, 2015, 08:01:56 PM »
I think JP will keep him and then offer him a 50k per week contract with a £30 million buy out clause. That way saido gets the money he would have got at Spurs and a potential move in the next window if he stays focussed and plays well. And there will be no messing around with bids. Would be similar to the benteke deal.

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4188 on: August 27, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »
I think JP will keep him and then offer him a 50k per week contract with a £30 million buy out clause. That way saido gets the money he would have got at Spurs and a potential move in the next window if he stays focussed and plays well. And there will be no messing around with bids. Would be similar to the benteke deal.

And the Bony one.

Signed a new contract over the summer with an acceptable release clause in.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4189 on: August 27, 2015, 08:05:52 PM »
I agree with all of that, but the issue isn't the strikers I feel, It's the lack of ammo we're giving them.

A quality left winger is a must for me, otherwise we're in trouble.

Yes. It's a supply thing for sure.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

dubliner

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4190 on: August 27, 2015, 08:09:51 PM »

Lib

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4191 on: August 27, 2015, 08:23:49 PM »
I have ever growing respect for JP. That's how arrogant top 6 clubs and their owners should be handled.
Pulis are very intelligent and fairly easy to train if you are consistent and kind in your methods. Training should begin right away. Well-trained Pulis excel in agility and obedience.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4192 on: August 27, 2015, 08:30:19 PM »
Probably get 10 million in January as we won't want to let him go on a free.

I'm glad he's staying as takes some weight of rondons shoulders and gives him time to settle.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4193 on: August 27, 2015, 08:32:01 PM »
great stuff by the club.

And Spurs were the first ones putting out the feelers in the press weeks ago about Berahino.

Surely if they had been talking for weeks prior to the bid they would have known what we wanted so to bid only 2 weeks before the window closes and not bid what we wanted was doing exactly what they wanted to do...unsettle the player!

He stays and knuckles down and scores goals and I guarantee he will be at a Top 4 club next summer with not even a murmur from me he will have deserved his move, but to goto Spurs who will win as much as we will this season and finish what 5-6 places above us is nothing more than a sideways step....move to a top4 club Saido and not the also-rans that Spurs are
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4194 on: August 27, 2015, 08:33:47 PM »
Probably get 10 million in January as we won't want to let him go on a free.

I'm glad he's staying as takes some weight of rondons shoulders and gives him time to settle.

He still has 2 years. I think he will sign a new contract anyway if he stays, maybe with a release clause.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4195 on: August 27, 2015, 08:40:22 PM »
He's not going to want to be on 15k for the next 2 years. He'll sign a new contract if he's not sold.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4196 on: August 27, 2015, 08:41:30 PM »
Any think the statement is a part of negotiation strategy ? He will still be sold on deadline day.

After all it's difficult to hold a player who is desperate to leave.
The PRIDE of midlands

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4197 on: August 27, 2015, 08:49:39 PM »
He's not going to want to be on 15k for the next 2 years. He'll sign a new contract if he's not sold.
Goes without saying that will happen as they don't need a disgruntled player I think he'll go January myself. Best thing he can is shopwindow himself by scoring. Been a hard month for the club

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4198 on: August 27, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »
Well done JP and his Everton counterpart Bill Kenwright for digging in their heels and rejecting pressure from key players and their agents to move on to probably more lucrative deals. When players sign contracts they should adhere to them apart from exceptional circumstances or with the permission of their parent club. Club power should always rule over player/agent power.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4199 on: August 27, 2015, 09:02:57 PM »
Well done JP and his Everton counterpart Bill Kenwright for digging in their heels and rejecting pressure from key players and their agents to move on to probably more lucrative deals. When players sign contracts they should adhere to them apart from exceptional circumstances or with the permission of their parent club. Club power should always rule over player/agent power.
Lets hope this is something WBA and Everton can look back on and say they have started a trend on - so called bigger clubs (Spurs lol) or the real top 4 (never spurs) being told NO, for the benefit of the player to carry on progressing, get England caps and be ready to step up to Champions League and actually benefit our England team. In the meantime performing well and entertaining our clubs, rather than rotting on the bench and never seeing an England call up again.