Author Topic: Nathan Ferguson Joins Crystal Palace  (Read 202241 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Nathan Ferguson
« Reply #750 on: February 04, 2020, 08:58:10 AM »
What if he saw what happened to Harper?
What if he saw us throw away a huge lead and felt that we might not get there this season ?
What if he thought “we were begging these people to talk last summer and 5hey just kept refusing?

What has happened to Harper? By all accounts he hasn't been that great in training. The odd performance he has made for the first team haven't exactly been outstanding either. His performances tailed off last season.

Surely he would also see that the dip in form coincided with 3 of our better players being injured/suspended? A dip in form/results was bound to happen to us during the season, surely he must have realised that?

Was he/his agent begging the club to talk last Summer?

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #751 on: February 04, 2020, 03:27:07 PM »
I cannot imagine that contract discussions between WBAFC and Saido's Agent would be relaxed and open under any circumstances.
Lets not forget WBAFC will have cost said agent a significant % of SB's £12m  move to Spuds (in agents view). Also the club have said that they tried to negotiate between sept and dec but NF's people would not have anything to do with them.

Not sure where all this agent stuff has come from but Ferguson's agent is Alan Redmond who doesn't and hasn't represented Berahino.
"This crack is really moreish."

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #752 on: February 04, 2020, 03:34:01 PM »
Not sure where all this agent stuff has come from but Ferguson's agent is Alan Redmond who doesn't and hasn't represented Berahino.

Well I have been a victim of false news then and i apologise, I read very early on that NF and SB had the same agent and you are the first person to contest that,

so I have just checked on Transfermarkt which states that Saido and NF have Sync global sports as their agents (link below, so it DOES appear to be the same company,  which individual within the company I have not found (yet :-))

they also have Ravel Morrison listed as one of theirs, sounds like a motley crew !

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sync-global-sports/beraterfirma/berater/5692
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:38:35 PM by Albionic »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #753 on: February 04, 2020, 03:44:44 PM »
Well I have been a victim of false news then and i apologise, I read very early on that NF and SB had the same agent and you are the first person to contest that,

so I have just checked on Transfermarkt which states that Saido and NF have Sync global sports as their agents (link below, so it DOES appear to be the same company,  which individual within the company I have not found (yet :-))

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sync-global-sports/beraterfirma/berater/5692

Ah maybe this site is where the confusion / rumour first came from, as the Nathan Ferguson here is a midfielder who goes by the same name and plays for Crawley Town.  Our Ferguson is represented by Alan Redmond who runs an outfit called R10.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:47:39 PM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #754 on: February 04, 2020, 04:59:20 PM »
Ah maybe this site is where the confusion / rumour first came from, as the Nathan Ferguson here is a midfielder who goes by the same name and plays for Crawley Town.  Our Ferguson is represented by Alan Redmond who runs an outfit called R10.

NF is a cheeky acquisitive bugger, moonlighting for Crawley, no wonder he has gone off the boil.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #755 on: February 04, 2020, 05:11:16 PM »
I wonder if our contract offer is still on the table as it was?

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #756 on: February 04, 2020, 05:40:47 PM »
Just to add in, given his knee problem, if he comes back and plays for us again, it is going to be April before this happens, and then he would need to be eased back in as I understand the arithmetic?  If so he could impact 5-6 games at most.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #757 on: February 07, 2020, 07:21:21 AM »
Latest from the Express & Star.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2020/02/07/nathan-ferguson-reaffirms-his-desire-to-leave-west-brom/

I would take it from this that he has played his last game for the Albion which is a pity. I hope for his sake that the injury is not worse than antcipated because football is a fickle business and being a top young prospect is a very different situation to being an unemployed ex championship player with a dodgy knee. If things do turn out badly for the player his agent would have done him a massive disservice.

To be clear I do not wish this outcome on the kid but injury is the one big downside risk the player carries while his agent plays chicken by running the players contract down. The player has one career but the agent will have other clients and the player is carrying the risk. It seems to me that in general players underestimate this risk.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #758 on: February 07, 2020, 07:28:22 AM »
I hope that article puts to bed the stupid nonsense that people actually believed his agent was making the biggest decision of his life for him .

Hopefully we never seen the ungrateful young lad in the blue and white stripes again.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #759 on: February 07, 2020, 08:11:30 AM »
I hope that article puts to bed the stupid nonsense that people actually believed his agent was making the biggest decision of his life for him .

Hopefully we never seen the ungrateful young lad in the blue and white stripes again.

Don't think anybody was saying that the agent was making the decision for him.
What I, and others, said was that he was being guided by his agent, which is the job of the agent amongst other things.
Agents are just personal managers they assist the player in decision making, offer opinions, try and get the best deal for their client, represent them in meetings etc.

If he is that desperate to leave then I just hope it's soon, I won't wish him well but c'est la vie.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #760 on: February 07, 2020, 08:56:08 AM »
Can't wait to see the back of him and his agents now , he's either very weak with his agents or thinks he's above us after 20 odd games .20 games he wouldn't have got without Bilic kick starting his career .
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:00:52 AM by Dexy »

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #761 on: February 07, 2020, 09:10:17 AM »
He's in a very precarious position at the minute. Nobody seems sure of the severity of the problem until he actually goes under the knife, yet he still seems convinced that he's holding all the aces. If it goes the other way, however, he's could be a busted flush.
From the club's perspective, they'll want a positive outcome from the surgery, to maximise his tribunal value, personally I couldn't care less.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #762 on: February 07, 2020, 09:48:56 AM »
Latest from the Express & Star.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2020/02/07/nathan-ferguson-reaffirms-his-desire-to-leave-west-brom/

I would take it from this that he has played his last game for the Albion which is a pity. I hope for his sake that the injury is not worse than antcipated because football is a fickle business and being a top young prospect is a very different situation to being an unemployed ex championship player with a dodgy knee. If things do turn out badly for the player his agent would have done him a massive disservice.

To be clear I do not wish this outcome on the kid but injury is the one big downside risk the player carries while his agent plays chicken by running the players contract down. The player has one career but the agent will have other clients and the player is carrying the risk. It seems to me that in general players underestimate this risk.

He'll have had an MRI at some point. He's now going in for exploratory surgery (an arthroscopy) so they can have a proper look at what's going on inside the joint. Once inside they will decide what his best options are. Nathan may require more extensive surgery, but we're clearly not looking at a rebuild.

There may well be an issue with his ligament(s) (ACL/MCL/PCL) but I very much doubt we're looking at anything remotely close to being a career ender. More likely he has a bit of cartilage/meniscus damage. He may even just need a flush out but either way we'll know soon enough. If Palace suspected extensive damage they'd have ran a mile instead of offering reduced payment.

Even at his age Nathan will have seen plenty of players both young and old drop out of the game due to knee and other injuries. He and his agent will have been perfectly aware of the risks related to running his contract down. If he felt pain or discomfort he would have been wiser snapping up our contract offer when he had the chance. Sometimes you don't actually feel much if any pain even when there is damage. Either way, running his contract down was a calculated gamble he and his agent chose to take.

On the flip side he is young. He has time on his side and most likely a more than competent surgical and physio therapy team to aid his rehabilitation. And if he's not OK? He'll be insured by the club. Further to this the PFA will be on hand with god knows what kinds of packages. And if he doesn't have his own personal injury insurance as a player beyond that then he, his agent and his parents need a long hard look at themselves. I wish the lad no harm and I'm confident he'll be absolutely fine in the long term.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #763 on: February 07, 2020, 10:12:07 AM »
I must be missing something...
Strange advice from his so called advisers.
Turn down a guaranteed £1,000,000 signing on fee, and a £988,000 per year pay rise and sit out your contract until it expires.
Then see what clubs may be interested in the close season (if the knee problem has been identified and rectified).
Any interested bidders will only have the evidence of his truncated WBA season to base their assessment on, which may limit his attractiveness.
His parasites agents will surely miss out on a big payday, when they will only take their slice of the tribunal set transfer fee.
Anyway, time to move on and forget about NF, as we have a promotion to worry about.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #764 on: February 07, 2020, 10:30:54 AM »
If the story is true, then NF has made his bed, now he must lay in it. I'm sorry but he is yet another youngster that has ideas above his station. This time last year no one - NO ONE had heard of him. He hasn't even completed a single season, but now it appears he thinks he's the next Roberto Carlos. Good luck to him, but bye bye from me. Move on with players that want to play for the club.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #765 on: February 07, 2020, 11:10:15 AM »
I wouldn’t be paying for his op, let him and his agent sort it out, it would be funny if it’s a long term injury
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #766 on: February 07, 2020, 11:24:22 AM »
I honestly don’t know what all the hyped is about him. I’m gutted we missed out on 10m+
Would much rather a fit Gibbs at left back, although that’s wishful thinking

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #767 on: February 07, 2020, 11:32:10 AM »
He'll have had an MRI at some point. He's now going in for exploratory surgery (an arthroscopy) so they can have a proper look at what's going on inside the joint. Once inside they will decide what his best options are. Nathan may require more extensive surgery, but we're clearly not looking at a rebuild.

There may well be an issue with his ligament(s) (ACL/MCL/PCL) but I very much doubt we're looking at anything remotely close to being a career ender. More likely he has a bit of cartilage/meniscus damage. He may even just need a flush out but either way we'll know soon enough. If Palace suspected extensive damage they'd have ran a mile instead of offering reduced payment.

Even at his age Nathan will have seen plenty of players both young and old drop out of the game due to knee and other injuries. He and his agent will have been perfectly aware of the risks related to running his contract down. If he felt pain or discomfort he would have been wiser snapping up our contract offer when he had the chance. Sometimes you don't actually feel much if any pain even when there is damage. Either way, running his contract down was a calculated gamble he and his agent chose to take.

On the flip side he is young. He has time on his side and most likely a more than competent surgical and physio therapy team to aid his rehabilitation. And if he's not OK? He'll be insured by the club. Further to this the PFA will be on hand with god knows what kinds of packages. And if he doesn't have his own personal injury insurance as a player beyond that then he, his agent and his parents need a long hard look at themselves. I wish the lad no harm and I'm confident he'll be absolutely fine in the long term.
It sounds like you have had some personal experience with this sort of thing Dan?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #768 on: February 07, 2020, 11:40:42 AM »
I wouldn’t be paying for his op, let him and his agent sort it out, it would be funny if it’s a long term injury

His contract isn't up until the end of the season, so I expect that the club are still legally obliged to take care of his well being.
I don't see what would be so funny about a long term injury.
I've got not time for the kid but that comment is ridiculous
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #769 on: February 07, 2020, 11:49:49 AM »

as he's still our player the club has a duty of care.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #770 on: February 07, 2020, 11:54:52 AM »
Time to move on and cash in if we can..Furlong is a more than an adequate replacement..

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #771 on: February 07, 2020, 12:40:20 PM »
It sounds like you have had some personal experience with this sort of thing Dan?

Oh yes chap. All be it at a much lower level I had to stop playing football in my early to mid twenties. Couldn't even play socially. Even if Nathan needs further surgery I'm sure he'll go on to have a good career in the game though.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #772 on: February 07, 2020, 12:59:38 PM »
Time to move on and cash in if we can..Furlong is a more than an adequate replacement..

Furlong should be in the starting lineup regardless of NF

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #773 on: February 07, 2020, 01:27:43 PM »
As an Albion fan i hope to never see this lad in our shirt again.

Get him into his op, hopefully its season finishing, he can then sod off come the summer.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #774 on: February 07, 2020, 01:31:08 PM »
As an Albion fan i hope to never see this lad in our shirt again.

Get him into his op, hopefully its season finishing, he can then sod off come the summer.

My thoughts exactly.

From what I've heard hes not popular with the rest of the players either, unsurprisingly.

Get rid, as soon as we can.