Poll

With the benefit of hindsight, should we have stuck with dinosaur Pulis?

Yes
40 (21.6%)
No
145 (78.4%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Voting closed: March 18, 2018, 09:10:45 PM

Author Topic: With the benefit of hindsight, should we have stuck with dinosaur Pulis  (Read 12512 times)

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

Re: With the benefit of hindsight, should we have stuck with dinosaur Pulis
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »
I knew we would likely get relegated by sacking Pulis but I was happy to take that risk to bring football back. I felt he build a team that only he could use and anyone else who stepped in were bound to fail. Maybe Megson could have saved us with his similar philosophy but it needed a overhaul either way. Every team needs their midfield to chip in with goals but his set up of 4 centre backs across the back, 3 defensive midfielders in the middle, the wide players basically playing at wing back and one lump upfront ment we could only wish for a clean sheet and if we're lucky we might pinch a goal from a corner. It was horrific to watch and I question how the board even let him build like this with no plan B. When Ashford was in charge they kept a philosophy that when a manager moved on they could bring in another who could carry the team without changing too many ideas, with Pulis they've thrown that out the window. I blame Peace for this as when he decided to cash in instead of thinking about the long term future of the club he was looking to sell an established premiership club with no plan other than stay in the league for the money men. I worry for the future but I started supporting Albion when Bobby Gould took charge so I've seen us at our worst and still loved it!