Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 768799 times)

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #3425 on: July 13, 2018, 10:01:20 PM »
Not sure what your agenda is but Rondon is the best forward we have had in the last decade. Maybe not numbers wise but he is a more rounded forward than I have seen. I cant stand the guy but he is however a real talent.

I think there is an agenda here. Look back at comments he or she makes and they are all negative.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3426 on: July 13, 2018, 10:03:18 PM »
If we keep Rondon, we almost certainly get promoted, maybe not better than Odemwingie, but more consistent and certainly a better attitude.

The acid test is whether he can kick the ball in the net.

He certainly shouldn’t be getting plaudits for nothing more than application, work rate and smiling a lot.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3427 on: July 13, 2018, 10:15:24 PM »
Not sure what your agenda is but Rondon is the best forward we have had in the last decade. Maybe not numbers wise but he is a more rounded forward than I have seen. I cant stand the guy but he is however a real talent.

I raise you Peter Odemwingie who was a class act. I like Rondon but he was no Odemwingie.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3428 on: July 13, 2018, 11:07:33 PM »
I raise you Peter Odemwingie who was a class act. I like Rondon but he was no Odemwingie.

Two totally different players.

Both of whom would love playing with each other
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3429 on: July 14, 2018, 12:07:39 AM »
I think there is an agenda here. Look back at comments he or she makes and they are all negative.

Glad I'm not the only one to realise this lol.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3430 on: July 14, 2018, 12:28:11 AM »

You mean consistent.
24 goals in 108 games.
Relegation after averaging less than a goal a game.
Nothing to cheer about - just been upsurged by our rivals with ambitious owners.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3431 on: July 14, 2018, 12:37:11 AM »
Why can’t you stand him. Comes across as a genuine guy

One of the most naive posts I have ever read on this forum or elsewhere. He trips over his own laces and scores in single digits each season but hey he smiles and runs around a lot so what’s not to adore! That kind of mindset drives me nuts.

No amount of crocodile tears distracted me from the burning image of his catastrophic inability to score basic goal scoring chances at key times in key games against Everton, Swanse, Stoke, Palace to name a few. We gave this guy a platform and then got relegated averaging less than a goal a game. 

The sooner the none-goalscoring striker is failing to score goals for someone else rather than us the more confident I’ll be we might have a chance of having a half decent season.

I just find it incredible than any other of our fanbase actually rate him. I’m now concerned that no-one will be naive enough to buy out his sell on clause and we’ll be struck with him next season as well. At which point no doubt another creative list of excuses will emerge to justify his inability to do his job.

Apologises for the rant...

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3432 on: July 14, 2018, 12:37:51 AM »
There is a thread for discussing Robson- Kanu, this is the Salomon Rondon thread.

It’s about strikers, does it really matter that much?

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3433 on: July 14, 2018, 05:36:52 AM »
Two totally different players.

Both of whom would love playing with each other
I bet they would  :o

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3434 on: July 14, 2018, 07:53:09 AM »
It’s about strikers, does it really matter that much?
Yes it does , keeps the forum nice and tidy for a start.
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3435 on: July 14, 2018, 09:47:13 AM »
One of the most naive posts I have ever read on this forum or elsewhere. He trips over his own laces and scores in single digits each season but hey he smiles and runs around a lot so what’s not to adore! That kind of mindset drives me nuts.

No amount of crocodile tears distracted me from the burning image of his catastrophic inability to score basic goal scoring chances at key times in key games against Everton, Swanse, Stoke, Palace to name a few. We gave this guy a platform and then got relegated averaging less than a goal a game. 

The sooner the none-goalscoring striker is failing to score goals for someone else rather than us the more confident I’ll be we might have a chance of having a half decent season.

I just find it incredible than any other of our fanbase actually rate him. I’m now concerned that no-one will be naive enough to buy out his sell on clause and we’ll be struck with him next season as well. At which point no doubt another creative list of excuses will emerge to justify his inability to do his job.

Apologises for the rant...

I know we're in the minority on here, but I whole-heartedly agree with you! I'd prefer us to move Rondon on, bring Vydra in, (proven at our level), and see how he gets on with the support of J.Rod, Burke, Philips and Field.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:57:11 AM by miggybaggy »

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3436 on: July 14, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »
I know we're in the minority on here, but I whole-heartedly agree with you! I'd prefer us to move Rondon on, bring Vydra in, (proven at our level), and see how he gets on with the support of J.Rod, Burke, Philips and Field.

Vydra in Rondon out, are you serious? Look at the amount of goals vydra scored in the premier. I really am amazed the amount of fans slaughter our players like Rondon, Dawson, jay etc etc the players we are being linked with are not a patch on these be careful what you wish for.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3437 on: July 14, 2018, 10:52:19 AM »
Vydra in Rondon out, are you serious? Look at the amount of goals vydra scored in the premier. I really am amazed the amount of fans slaughter our players like Rondon, Dawson, jay etc etc the players we are being linked with are not a patch on these be careful what you wish for.

Just a reminder, we're not in the Premier any more.
Vydra is a proven scorer at the level were at know so I wouldn't be that disappointed if he came back here.
I don't know how Rondon would fair in the Champs tbh.
The goals never move and are the same size as the one's he's missed hitting from 2 yards on a number of occasions.
I wouldn't be against keeping Rondon but I think if we are to bring in a decent striker on decent wages then Rondon or JRod will be going. If we could get Vydra and get rid of HRK then that would be utopia.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3438 on: July 14, 2018, 11:09:18 AM »
Get rid of HRK for anyone be a blessing. Dont want Vydra . I can see Rondom strating the season with us not really anyone fighting over him that i can see. I would like to keep him .

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3439 on: July 14, 2018, 12:16:30 PM »

Odemwingie was better, Lukaku obviously, but aside from those players totally agree.

I made a point of using the word "forward" and not striker. Rondon is a forward, forwards generally play with their backs to the goal, hold the ball up and bring others into play and chipin with a few goals. Lukaku and Pete were both strikers i.e. play facing the goal and generally play on the last shoulder, excellent finishers and pick up the scraps.

I cant think of a better "forward" than Rondon in the recent past.

Also the reason I don't like him is that any player who throws his shirt on the floor and refuses to be a sub is not very high on my Christmas list.
Gera, Gera, Gera

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3440 on: July 14, 2018, 10:38:54 PM »
Rondon was not in the squad today? Was he injured? Or.....
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3441 on: July 14, 2018, 10:40:56 PM »
Rondon was not in the squad today? Was he injured? Or.....

Injured, I was told earlier

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3442 on: July 16, 2018, 08:57:06 PM »
Newcastle are expected to tie up a deal for their top summer target Solomon Rondon in the next week – and TEAMtalk sources can reveal an impressive cut-price raid could be agreed.

The Venezuelan striker has been identified by Rafa Benitez as the man he wants to lead his strikeforce next season, with Aleksander Mitrovic expected to make a permanent move to Fulham.
Rondon, 28, has a release clause of £16.5million in his contract but TEAMtalk can reveal Newcastle want the deal as an initial loan – and have offered £4million now and then a further £15million next summer to make the deal permanent.

West Brom would rather sell now, and although Rondon’s wages have almost halved from £75,000-a-week to £40,000, they are desperate to shed his salary and look likely to agree to Newcastle’s request.

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3443 on: July 16, 2018, 09:16:51 PM »
Can’t see us agreeing to that at all
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3444 on: July 16, 2018, 09:18:29 PM »
Doesn’t his contract expire next summer?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3445 on: July 16, 2018, 09:27:47 PM »
No way would we agree to that,if they want him,I don't want him to go,put your money up front,its 16:5 million please,or look elsewhere.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3446 on: July 16, 2018, 09:33:32 PM »
Newcastle are expected to tie up a deal for their top summer target Solomon Rondon in the next week – and TEAMtalk sources can reveal an impressive cut-price raid could be agreed.

The Venezuelan striker has been identified by Rafa Benitez as the man he wants to lead his strikeforce next season, with Aleksander Mitrovic expected to make a permanent move to Fulham.
Rondon, 28, has a release clause of £16.5million in his contract but TEAMtalk can reveal Newcastle want the deal as an initial loan – and have offered £4million now and then a further £15million next summer to make the deal permanent.

West Brom would rather sell now, and although Rondon’s wages have almost halved from £75,000-a-week to £40,000, they are desperate to shed his salary and look likely to agree to Newcastle’s request.

We've had a loan to overcome a cash flow problem & we're going to defer a payment of £15 million for a year?.

If Rondon's wages are £40k per week, that equates to £2 million a year.

Even if we didn't replace him, we would gain circa £6 million, what sort of centre forward would we get for that?

What would you do?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3447 on: July 16, 2018, 09:36:01 PM »
is it such a bad offer? we'd basically be getting £2.5m for loaning him out for 12 months. wouldn't his replacement be paid for in instalments so the £16.5m wouldn't be needed. sure Jenkins said we don't need to sell before we buy.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3448 on: July 16, 2018, 09:41:04 PM »

What a garbage deal for us !!   WHO WOULD WE REPLACE HIM WITH ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3449 on: July 16, 2018, 09:48:46 PM »
Depends if they are obliged to sign him permanently next summer, if so it equates to £19m which is good money as long as we have funds available to get a quality replacement in this summer. If they are not obliged to sign him permanently next summer then it's an atrocious deal and one I couldn't see us agreeing to.