Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534435 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10650 on: July 06, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »
We should take him back.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10651 on: July 06, 2019, 07:25:36 PM »
There'll be plenty of clubs who will risk him on what will surely be a low wage, no fee gamble.

The best case for him would presumably be starting again far away from Birmingham, maybe somewhere abroad. He clearly has a certain lifestyle here and letting him stay in that comfort zone, well its difficult to see him changing.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10652 on: July 06, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »
I'd be amazed if they went anywhere near him given his trials and tribulations locally. I'd be equally amazed if they could afford him given their financial woes, this despite his choices being narrower by the day. I'd be even more amazed if his ego allowed him to go on trial. I'd be absolutely astounded if he did enough to impress them in the first place. There's still a decent player in there, but with every passing day it sinks further and further into the recesses of Saido's mind which unfortunately for him appears to reside up his backside. All of this and I didn't even bother to click on the link to read about his latest 'trial'  ;D .

Can’t afford him? Just what kind of salary does he expect to be offered?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10653 on: July 06, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »
We should take him back.

Go on, I will bite. You jest surely?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:43:39 PM by OldburyWBA »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10654 on: July 06, 2019, 10:19:12 PM »
Go on, I will bite. You jest surely?
Nope...I’m serious
Taking in to account that he’s been stupid and that he didn’t leave in a blaze of glory..
To sign him would cost nothing, we are probably still the club he would call “home” and crucially players don’t lose their instinct .....application/attitude/fitness would all need to be worked on , but get him fit and in this league he could be (COULD BE) as good as Gayle

Pay as you play
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10655 on: July 06, 2019, 10:45:41 PM »
Nope...I’m serious
Taking in to account that he’s been stupid and that he didn’t leave in a blaze of glory..
To sign him would cost nothing, we are probably still the club he would call “home” and crucially players don’t lose their instinct .....application/attitude/fitness would all need to be worked on , but get him fit and in this league he could be (COULD BE) as good as Gayle

Pay as you play
With all respect, this is the most bizarre post I have seen on this site, for so many reasons !!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10656 on: July 06, 2019, 10:45:52 PM »
Nope...I’m serious

Pay as you play
Not a chance in hell! If he did come back my season ticket would go back. Total waster I hope no one takes him.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10657 on: July 06, 2019, 10:57:42 PM »
Nope...I’m serious

Pay as you play

Have some sympathy with this, and wouldn't be averse to it on a nominal wage. He's better than Kanu and potentially better than Rodriguez based on what he did 5 years ago. What's the harm if he's paid on a perfomance incentive basis?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10658 on: July 06, 2019, 10:58:39 PM »

Have some sympathy with this, and wouldn't be averse to it on a nominal wage. He's better than Kanu and potentially better than Rodriguez based on what he did 5 years ago. What's the harm if he's paid on a perfomance incentive basis?
Fishing again ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10659 on: July 06, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »
Fishing again ?

No what are the negatives of a deal structured as I've suggested..? I don't fish on here unless there is the obvious opportunity for humour.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10660 on: July 06, 2019, 11:27:52 PM »

No what are the negatives of a deal structured as I've suggested..? I don't fish on here unless there is the obvious opportunity for humour.

His whole attitude and the baggage that comes with it is something we shouldn’t have anywhere near this club.

You could have him on a performance/pay when you play deal. But he would cause more damage than it’s worth.

As someone said earlier, the best thing for him to do is get a move away from the Midlands. Or even better go abroad and concentrate on football.

Still amazes me to think at one point many thought he deserved to be in the England squad above Kane.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10661 on: July 06, 2019, 11:33:47 PM »
With all respect, this is the most bizarre post I have seen on this site, for so many reasons !!
I understand that many will not want or understand how having him back could work

Straight question
Rodriguez/ berahino (a fit one)
Or
Rodriguez / Hrk
Which partnership gets the most goals ?

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10662 on: July 06, 2019, 11:40:48 PM »
**** this kid.

Further he stays away from us the better

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #10663 on: July 07, 2019, 12:19:01 AM »
he doesn't deserve another chance at the Albion, he thought he was bigger and better than us so sod him. blokes a waster who never learns from his mistakes. he had huge potential and a huge ego and look where it's got him.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10664 on: July 07, 2019, 12:47:40 AM »
Some very bizarre posts here!!
So we mug the clay heads and make a profit on a complete waster who could have had it all, and now some are thinking he might be worth a gamble?

This buffoon should never receive another penny from our great club

The bloke is a complete pillock
MAGA!

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10665 on: July 07, 2019, 07:28:20 AM »
Some people get way too emotional about this sport/business. If a deal was structured in a way that suited us we could potentially get some good football out of him and then maybe make a profit on him again in the future if he knuckles down. There's no loyalty left in football anymore, you all need to eventually deal with that fact I'm afraid and just roll with the punches.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10666 on: July 07, 2019, 08:23:00 AM »
“Bites the hand that feeds” springs to mind.

Unfortunately, that attitude is ingrained in his DNA, he will never change as he exudes and displays “I’m a victim syndrome” and has never accepted responsibility for his own actions.

We could spend time, energy and money on him with no return. At least HRK is an honest type of player and offers better value for money than Beahino, that’s how much of a waster I consider him to be.

So, that would be a no from me.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10667 on: July 07, 2019, 08:48:51 AM »
Some people get way too emotional about this sport/business. If a deal was structured in a way that suited us we could potentially get some good football out of him and then maybe make a profit on him again in the future if he knuckles down. There's no loyalty left in football anymore, you all need to eventually deal with that fact I'm afraid and just roll with the punches.

Nothing too emotional about this Barrington. The facts are simple - Saido needs an income and will 'play' anywhere to get it. When he went to Stoke he gave it all the hype about how he was looking forward to the challenge, and look what happened - nothing. All that changed there was that he was given even more money to continue his 'billy big boots' lifestyle.

Your proposal of a structured deal contains too many variables for me. Why would we even consider putting a salary at risk for someone who will probably not deliver? and the club become the laughing stock of West Midlands football at the same time?

You are right about loyalty and Saido owes us nothing, but when you have a contract with a club I expect loyalty then, and effort - lots of it both on and off the pitch. He had none of that here and even less at Stoke. Why on earth do you think he would change 2nd time around?

He needs to drop a division or two and start banging them in for fun to ever be taken seriously again. 
MAGA!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10668 on: July 07, 2019, 08:57:15 AM »
Too much history and baggage for him to come back here.

What I will say though is if someone can sort his head out then there is still a cracking player there somewhere. You don’t just lose it and he was great for us for a time

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10669 on: July 07, 2019, 09:41:33 AM »

My mom always used to say, IF spoils many a good story
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10670 on: July 07, 2019, 10:46:56 AM »
Even if you take a player on a pay to play, he takes a place that might be open to others- a youth team member for example.  You also need to consider the impact on morale within the club as a whole.  As I recall there is no love lost amongst senior squad members for Saido-JM punched his lights out once I seem to recall.  The impact in my view would be toxic.  This is all before assessing the risks of a further drug or other scandal, the chances of which are pretty high in my view.  So to earlier points, good luck Saido, but whatever you do next it will not be at the Hawthorns please.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10671 on: July 07, 2019, 11:38:45 AM »
Even if you take a player on a pay to play, he takes a place that might be open to others- a youth team member for example.  You also need to consider the impact on morale within the club as a whole.  As I recall there is no love lost amongst senior squad members for Saido-JM punched his lights out once I seem to recall.  The impact in my view would be toxic.  This is all before assessing the risks of a further drug or other scandal, the chances of which are pretty high in my view.  So to earlier points, good luck Saido, but whatever you do next it will not be at the Hawthorns please.
Let's not forget when Odemwingie left and he spoke about the clique at the club, I'd assume Morrison was part of that clique
Whilst on about Morisson, it seems that some on here are not keen on "giving Saido another penny" but what exactly have we had for 30k + per week from Morisson in the last 3 years ?
There is far too much emotion when people mention names, if the board feel that a contract would be good business then they will do it....he can obviously play its wether the management team feel he can show application

I asked earlier so I shall ask again, open question

JRod and HRK
JRod and Saido (fit)
Which pair gets the most goals ?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10672 on: July 07, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »
Why do we have posts with provisos and hypotheticals that can have no meaningful and or substantial answer as a result? 
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10673 on: July 07, 2019, 01:53:38 PM »
Firstly, if he didn't get on with the players and staff at the Albion, felt victimised etc., then he had a second chance to put that right at Stoke. But he also failed at Stoke.  Is that because Stoke have higher footballing standards than we do? I think not. Maybe someone somewhere may be able to sort his head out, but I'd rather it wasn't us taking the risk. I'd be happier for him prove himself again somewhere else,  and then maybe reviewing our position.
If he came in now, he could easily disrupt the dressing room and by all accounts we have a decent team spirit as things stand.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10674 on: July 07, 2019, 04:08:52 PM »
Maybe someone somewhere may be able to sort his head out, but I'd rather it wasn't us taking the risk.

If Tony Pulis and his cups of tea chats couldn't sort the lad out, nothing can.

I'm kidding. Though now I think of it, Saido would be about as welcome back here as Pulis. i.e. as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music