Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 284789 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)
« Reply #275 on: November 15, 2017, 10:29:13 AM »
Is he still fit or injured in a mysterious training ground accident!

He was supposed to be fit for the Huddersfield game yet didn't make the bench, haven't read anything suggesting he is still injured.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #276 on: November 15, 2017, 11:50:40 AM »
He's fit and raring to go, my mate spoke to him yesterday.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #277 on: November 15, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »
He's fit and raring to go, my mate spoke to him yesterday.

Doubt he'll be raring to go anywhere, except to another club who'll appreciate his ability to actually attack defenders at pace.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #278 on: November 15, 2017, 05:59:38 PM »
I think we will see Burke against Chelsea. I'm really excited about this guy, he's got tons of potential he just needs to be better off the ball which Pulis can coach into him.
the regime don't like it man

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #279 on: November 15, 2017, 07:43:44 PM »
If he doesn't play against Chelsea, I think we may have to consider if he is with Chadli on the too skillful for one of my teams settee.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #280 on: November 15, 2017, 08:06:08 PM »
I think we will see Burke against Chelsea. I'm really excited about this guy, he's got tons of potential he just needs to be better off the ball which Pulis can coach into him.
Pulis can certainly teach him to be a full back😩

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2017, 11:48:48 AM »
"He’ll definitely be involved in the group," said Pulis. "We’re pleased to have Oli back.

"The thing with Oli is making sure we don’t throw him in and he pulls something or get injured again. The important thing is getting him to a level to play.

"It’ll come hopefully, if we put him on the bench, and give him time.

"The pace of the game today and the rigours the players are put through - you’ve got to make sure they’re 100 per cent fit."

So that's that then. Reading between the lines, it is clear that Pulis has no intention of starting him in the foreseeable future. The usual excuses, blah, blah, blah.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »
Krychowiak, Livermore and Barry it is!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2017, 12:43:18 PM »
"involved with the group" = sitting on the bench.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #284 on: November 19, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »
id play him at wembley with mcclean on other wing who ever is in charge at least they would keep spurs fullbacks honest.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #285 on: December 28, 2017, 04:17:33 PM »
Can't understand what's going on with this guy, whenever he comes on he looks better than McClean and the likes so why can't he get into this injury-stricken side? Any insiders know anything?

Just confusing  ???
    Sam Field even more so. why isn't he playing?

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #286 on: December 28, 2017, 04:18:03 PM »
All i can guess is he won't play him on the wing because he maybe don't track back, or his ball usage when he does get it. However he's never going to get better playing 15 mins every odd game. If we were comfy mid table and clear of relegation i think it would be different.

Regarding Field, and i'm not saying this because its what i believe. Inexperience and when Pardew made the comment after Palace game, that Field maybe didn't understand what was required for him to do during the first half, contributes to why he's not playing.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:19:58 PM by ripryan1971 »

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #287 on: December 28, 2017, 04:47:30 PM »
play him as a striker in a 2-man front (4-4-2)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #288 on: December 28, 2017, 04:54:14 PM »
Lad has the ability to impact a game, that's for sure. The crosses against Man Utd and Stoke both should have led to goals.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #289 on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:46 PM »
play him as a striker in a 2-man front (4-4-2)
Have said it a 100 times
Burke and Phillips as the front 2 (until we can buy)
With a midfield of brunt field Yacob Greg/chadli

Simples
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #290 on: December 28, 2017, 06:12:59 PM »
He appears to be very quick but a bit of a headless chicken. The Germans got rid of him as they came to the conclusion he didn't have a football brain. Of course at our club nobody thought that was an issue as we gave up playing football a long time ago. My criticism with the signing is really the huge fee for unproven player with no premiership or top flight experience. At £4-5m he was worth a gamble but he was never a £15m player, waste of resources.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #291 on: December 28, 2017, 06:48:20 PM »
He appears to be very quick but a bit of a headless chicken. The Germans got rid of him as they came to the conclusion he didn't have a football brain. Of course at our club nobody thought that was an issue as we gave up playing football a long time ago. My criticism with the signing is really the huge fee for unproven player with no premiership or top flight experience. At £4-5m he was worth a gamble but he was never a £15m player, waste of resources.
funny how he never looked a headless chicken at forest whrn he was scoring goals for fun and alot of big clubs were watching him...10 mins here and there isnt going to hit form from that...problem with our fans never back players when havrnt really seen them hes young wth potential shame hes at the wrong club

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #292 on: December 28, 2017, 07:15:50 PM »
Until we see him get a run in the side it's pointless forming an opinion yet, all I know is I'd like to see him get as much game time as McClean and see how he does.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #293 on: December 28, 2017, 07:18:59 PM »
He seems to be trying incredibly hard when he is given a chance, trying to hard to impress in what little action he's given. Which is understandable. He needs to be told, you're starting the next two games... enjoy them and express yourself.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #294 on: December 28, 2017, 08:37:17 PM »
He seems to be trying incredibly hard when he is given a chance, trying to hard to impress in what little action he's given. Which is understandable. He needs to be told, you're starting the next two games... enjoy them and express yourself.
I'd extend that to 6 games
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #295 on: December 29, 2017, 12:09:33 PM »
I wasn't that convinced to be honest when he was given longer against United. A few mazy runs but seemed to be a lot like our other wingers, can look good but ultimately no threat. Looked knackered after about 50 mins as well which is probably why he's only been given minimal minutes and issue number one.

As others have said he needs to be able to track back and cover when we don't have the ball, unfortunately his defensive work for the first United goal left much to be desired for me, a half-hearted attempt at stopping the cross that they scored from. United seemed to target that side for most of the game too for a reason. Think that's issue number 2.

The fact he wasn't in the squad in the last game suggests he's picked up a knock, which is issue number 3 for me. Been injured pretty much since we signed him.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #296 on: December 29, 2017, 12:56:45 PM »
Isnt it amazing how many of our players 'seem' to be injured when the teams in the s***e ??!! I bet if we were challenging for Europe, they'd be banging on Pardews door !!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #297 on: December 29, 2017, 01:01:39 PM »
No word on any knock or anything but I was surprised he wasn't on the bench v Everton given a bit of lack of pace at the back for them...and we need to win games.

There have been comments about his control and 'headless chicken' popped up in one post. I think this is a tad harsh at the moment. Looking at his YouTube clips which are probably as relevant to his potential than what he's been allowed to show so far with us....it's hard to escape that raw Gareth Bale comparison....similar stature and speed and threat in the air.
Players who are tall especially and run at speed with ball at their feet will occasionally make a heavy touch or show too much of the ball - Bale does this now and then. I think we just have to expect this now and then as we wouldn't want to slow him down and make everything safety first.
Also a lot of quick players are injury prone and continue to be...Bale again and Phillips spring to mind here.

We needed another pace threat as we see the effect of losing Phillips time and time again. Hope Burke is back in the match squad very soon...get him making runs when Brunt is on the ball or Barry for that matter.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #298 on: December 29, 2017, 06:59:53 PM »
I'd extend that to 6 games
agree, he could be our Zaha

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #299 on: December 29, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »
agree, he could be our Zaha

or he could just be the next El Ghannsy, lets just wait and see.
All we can say is he has potential. He can play anywhere across the front 3, has been playing through the middle for Scotland U21s. He needs time to adjust to this level as he hardly played for RB Leipzig and regardless of what he did at Forest it's not the same level.

I'd like to see him given a decent run in the team or get more time off the bench than the 10mins or so he has been getting.