Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2349317 times)

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #650 on: June 23, 2015, 12:40:12 PM »
I will just point out that the mirror is little more than a comic for adolescents and if you think the the Mail and Post journalists go in for lazy reporting the red top guys taught them everything they know!

Personally I'm fairly relaxed about whoever it turns out to be, what will be will be and there is fu*k all I can do to change or effect it.

I couldn't agree more, alot of us myself included are hoping and dreaming for something. Purely beacuse we've had some really poor transfer windows. Peace is good but maybe a change would see us move forwards rather than backwards. Our forwards haven't got the same punch as long and odemwingie did. Lets be honest saido has been a find in some regard.
Lets hope something good happens.. But we have to be realistic.

joeymayo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #651 on: June 24, 2015, 11:33:30 AM »
You should know that the Post & Mail is part of the Trinity Mirror Group and is one of a few local rags owned by them.

The reason you will get duplicate information on the various websites is because it comes from a central source, so it makes people like Bill Howell look lazy.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #652 on: June 24, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »
I reckon we are getting close to a decision either way.
BOING BOING

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #653 on: June 24, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »
A bit of an anti climax me thinks
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #654 on: June 24, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »

When you have people expecting a billionaire to turn us into the next Manchester City I think that's clearly inevitable.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #655 on: June 24, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »

Are you ITK, or just being realistic/pessimistic?

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #656 on: June 25, 2015, 12:57:26 PM »
Interesting ...

"Wang Jianlin, its chairman, told Xinhua News Agency that he expects to announce a major acquisition very soon that would be "good news" for Chinese soccer, without giving further details."

http://m.chinadaily.com.cn/en/2015-06/25/content_21096147.htm

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #657 on: June 25, 2015, 01:27:27 PM »
It has been indicated to me by someone who is well connected with the club that there will be a definitive announcement re: the club being sold by the end of next week
Twitter: @floydy1983

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #658 on: June 25, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »
Interesting ...

"Wang Jianlin, its chairman, told Xinhua News Agency that he expects to announce a major acquisition very soon that would be "good news" for Chinese soccer, without giving further details."

http://m.chinadaily.com.cn/en/2015-06/25/content_21096147.htm

I think this is going to be Villa's new owner, I really hope not as It would probably mean a return to the top half of the table for the scumbags.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2015, 01:52:10 PM »
Thought villa were being bought by a yank?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #660 on: June 25, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »
I think this is going to be Villa's new owner, I really hope not as It would probably mean a return to the top half of the table for the scumbags.

This is my biggest fear, i suppose also you can blame us for their success
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #661 on: June 25, 2015, 03:30:40 PM »
Thought villa were being bought by a yank?

I thought so too however there's rumours it could also be this guy, I think there's a better chance of Villa getting taken over this Summer than us, if your looking at it from a business standpoint their a better prospect than we are unfortunately.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #662 on: June 25, 2015, 03:36:03 PM »
I thought so too however there's rumours it could also be this guy, I think there's a better chance of Villa getting taken over this Summer than us, if your looking at it from a business standpoint their a better prospect than we are unfortunately.

Yes, but then they've formally been on the market a year longer so it's hardly an achievement. And they're really not a better prospect. They have debts, have struggled worse than us for the last four seasons, and their average attendance last season had them at 80% capacity. Lot of risk there.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2015, 03:57:49 PM »

I do agree although I feel if wang jianlin was involved in 1979 taking us to China then it could be likely he would be interested in the baggies instead

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »
Yes, but then they've formally been on the market a year longer so it's hardly an achievement. And they're really not a better prospect. They have debts, have struggled worse than us for the last four seasons, and their average attendance last season had them at 80% capacity. Lot of risk there.

The trouble is....its their potential. Sad to say, but truth hurts.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #665 on: June 25, 2015, 04:59:03 PM »
What potential, saved from oblivion by Deadly Doug and again by the americans, they have a bigger ground - whoopy do!!! - old stands that need knocking down, difficult to get to, narrow fan base and they play in claret and blue, at the best Birminghams West Ham ;D

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2015, 05:04:00 PM »
What potential, saved from oblivion by Deadly Doug and again by the americans, they have a bigger ground - whoopy do!!! - old stands that need knocking down, difficult to get to, narrow fan base and they play in claret and blue, at the best Birminghams West Ham ;D

They did win something in Europe in the 80's though so I heard!  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #667 on: June 25, 2015, 05:07:27 PM »
This wouldn't be an anti climax it would be an embarrassment.

Still i never expect more from our lot. I doubt we are being taken over by anyone as we are trawling the lower leagues for signings again.

ST's sold. Job done.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #668 on: June 25, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »

Still i never expect more from our lot. I doubt we are being taken over by anyone as we are trawling the lower leagues for signings again.

ST's sold. Job done.

Agreed. For me it was/is unlikely to happen. The initial asking price was ridiculous IMO. JP will say he tried and that the uncertainty has had an effect on this summers window.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2015, 05:34:40 PM »
i wish jp would just come out and say hes staying now as this is dragging on we wont get taken over will just be the same usual season  for us while villa get a rich backer bound to happen

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2015, 05:50:49 PM »

ST's sold. Job done.

Why embarrassing? The owner looked to sell the club there were interested parties but a price could not be agreed so what?

We don't need to be bailed out and we don't need an owner to subsidise the club. If Peace goes he will probably not be replaced by a Sugar Daddy so this is West Bromwich Albion we have never been awash with money get used to the idea.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #671 on: June 25, 2015, 05:51:03 PM »
I was accused of being premature and told to chill in my earlier thread. But i have been a baggie too long.
Here we are almost July, no buyer, no sponsor, Mulumbu gone, no Real Madrid starlet.
Instead we have James McClean, and are trying to land a player from MK Dons who they got as a free.
You couldn't make it up.

Well done Jezza, fooled us all again.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #672 on: June 25, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
I was accused of being premature and told to chill in my earlier thread. But i have been a baggie too long.
Here we are almost July, no buyer, no sponsor, Mulumbu gone, no Real Madrid starlet.
Instead we have James McClean, and are trying to land a player from MK Dons who they got as a free.
You couldn't make it up.

Yep it is still June, sale will happen or it won't and it won't make much difference either way so let's burst that bubble straight away. Sponsor is in the pipeline. Real Madrid starlet was never a runner and we are linked with every tom dick and harry at the moment so why get alarmed over yet another spurious link? McClean has signed we need wingers and blow me down he is a winger. Mulumbu who barely featured under Pulis has left.

No I haven't made anything up or left anything out and JP has fooled me or anyone else how?

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #673 on: June 25, 2015, 07:03:26 PM »
You couldn't make it up.

To be honest it's your own fault for reading and believing stuff on dodgy rumour sites and in the press.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #674 on: June 25, 2015, 07:25:43 PM »
We are in far,far better shape now then we were this time last season, it's a different Club.
Sponsor is sorted, back in stripes, very cool away strip, and a real leader in charge.
The new ownership issue is a distraction, that is causing unnecessary uncertainty and
It needs to be put to bed as soon as possible either way.
Worse case scenario is JP stays and we will stay solid and look for a top ten finish.
This time last year we would have sold our grandmothers to guarantee 16th or above.
New owners could bring anything...we just don't know... Obviously a £50 million war chest
would be nice.
We could be far worse off....and have Tiny Tim as a Manager, Sideways Sam as a coach ,
a ground that needs tearing down, deluded supporters and an off- purple home shirt, humiliated
In front of the whole world at Wembley and finished the season a hairs breadth from disaster.
COYB