Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2364099 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #375 on: June 06, 2015, 07:03:54 PM »
it all sounds like an ice lolly joke to me.
billionaires I would think get someone they employ to do all the work. just cant see a man of his wealth dashing across continents to buy WBA.
why have a dog and bark yourself springs to mind.

It depends on why you are doing it.  If it's being done to globally promote his business brand then you would surely expect him to be present for the announcement and related PR

I suspect @jonliusport is ITK (somebody is bound to be and the club itself has said a deal is close) but may well be saying more than he should be saying

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #376 on: June 06, 2015, 07:04:59 PM »
Well someone has been doing due diligence for the last 6 weeks - the boss needs to sign a contract so its possible there is an element of truth. The reporting guy does seem to work for Chinadaily.  If not he had gone to extraordinary lengths for a wind up.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #377 on: June 06, 2015, 07:20:38 PM »
It depends on why you are doing it.  If it's being done to globally promote his business brand then you would surely expect him to be present for the announcement and related PR

I suspect @jonliusport is ITK (somebody is bound to be and the club itself has said a deal is close) but may well be saying more than he should be saying
fair point, I own 2 small food outlets on the coast but I don't walk around the sea front with a billboard on my back.
I get the kids to do it .

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #378 on: June 06, 2015, 07:40:58 PM »
fair point, I own 2 small food outlets on the coast but I don't walk around the sea front with a billboard on my back.
I get the kids to do it .

If you were buying another food outlet then you would go yourself to complete the deal. Not send the kids. :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #379 on: June 06, 2015, 07:54:02 PM »
Well come Monday we will know, there is no way back given how specific the source has been with his predictions but I am amazed that a lone journalist has this story and nobody else in the UK media or anywhere else for that matter is running it.

On the balance of probability this is nonsense but I could of course be wrong
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #380 on: June 06, 2015, 08:01:16 PM »
If you were buying another food outlet then you would go yourself to complete the deal. Not send the kids. :D
if I was a billionaire I wouldn't be doing anything except watching the skimpily dressed
girls enjoying a dip in my swimming pool.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #381 on: June 06, 2015, 08:07:11 PM »
Most of the premier league clubs are owned by people with more brass than our Jeremy . Why shouldn't it be our turn .

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2015, 08:15:22 PM »
Most of the premier league clubs are owned by people with more brass than our Jeremy . Why shouldn't it be our turn .
I'm undecided whether its good or bad for us to be taken over, cannot see us ever breaking into the top 8 with our current owner and finances because jp has us punching above our weight and gets credit for doing so, a new owner with wealth may elevate us to higher places but its gone badly wrong at many other clubs.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2015, 08:27:44 PM »
I'm undecided whether its good or bad for us to be taken over, cannot see us ever breaking into the top 8 with our current owner and finances because jp has us punching above our weight and gets credit for doing so, a new owner with wealth may elevate us to higher places but its gone badly wrong at many other clubs.
Sometimes you got to go for glory a couple them clubs have won trophies and and in my eyes have fallen league wise but as a result play in a much more entertaining league in the one beneath us. All about opinions if our new owner has money serious money would he want Pulis to be the man to put it all in place.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #384 on: June 06, 2015, 08:41:54 PM »

Me to but one thing is for sure & that is that JP wants to sell. Lets hope he thinks has much about the club has he has said he does.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2015, 08:42:50 PM »

I‘m all for it. The last couple of years have been very stale and without major change I can‘t see things getting better. Whether we become the next Chelsea or the next Pompey at least it will be different.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2015, 08:48:44 PM »
We most certainly do not want to become a Portsmouth . I would rather JP stop and take an income each year , than to sell to a bunch of crooks

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2015, 08:54:59 PM »
I‘m all for it. The last couple of years have been very stale and without major change I can‘t see things getting better. Whether we become the next Chelsea or the next Pompey at least it will be different.
Agree risky but for me the premiership is about finances not about supporters.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2015, 09:11:58 PM »
So people genuinely believe the 14th richest man in the world is about to fly over from China to buy us? The story came about via a comment left on the Birmingham mail I'm told it's not him and no disrespect but when a new Twitter account comes about and claim it's "100 percent true" nine times out of ten it's not 100 percent true.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2015, 09:18:17 PM »
One flew over the cuckoos nest springs to mind . I hope I'm wrong .

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #390 on: June 06, 2015, 09:24:16 PM »
So people genuinely believe the 14th richest man in the world is about to fly over from China to buy us? The story came about via a comment left on the Birmingham mail I'm told it's not him and no disrespect but when a new Twitter account comes about and claim it's "100 percent true" nine times out of ten it's not 100 percent true.
He's not flying in 38 he's sailing is Chinese junk up the River Tame and docking down the Newton Road before taking a stroll up Forge Lane.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #391 on: June 06, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »
Definite fake account, he has used someone else's picture tonight from the game. Type in goal2china in Twitter and they have put a picture up if them at the game an hour ago. He's just tweeted the exact same photo  15 minutes ago.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #392 on: June 06, 2015, 11:27:08 PM »
Definite fake account, he has used someone else's picture tonight from the game. Type in goal2china in Twitter and they have put a picture up if them at the game an hour ago. He's just tweeted the exact same photo  15 minutes ago.

It fascinates me how people seem so desperate to believe something when these kind of things appear on social media that they choose to look beyond the obvious wind up nature of the account.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #393 on: June 07, 2015, 01:05:08 AM »
That liu just tweeted... @JonLiuSport: #wba epl fans. I have exciting news. As I promised...@JonLiuSport: I am told earlier today that Australia group and Josh Harris from USA have pulled out of West Bromwich deal...@JonLiuSport: Jianlin takeover should be announced on Monday. He is going to england tonight or tomorrow. I am informed this is 100% true....@JonLiuSport: Full article tomorrow, where discuss Jianlin hope of #ucl football in future of West Bromwich and bigger stadia

I'm inclined to disbelieve this based on the too much specific detail of UCL football and bigger stadium before any deal is announced. Having said that this guy does appear to want to invest in football and bought a 20% stake in Atletico Madrid in January according to the BBC. There are also Google searches of previous links to Southampton and Sheff Wed.

More intriguingly this link is interesting:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31864427

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #394 on: June 07, 2015, 01:43:34 AM »
That Chinese guy on Twitter seems to like robbing pictures off TripAdvisor and passing them as his own.. what a wind up merchant he is.

https://twitter.com/JonLiuSport/status/607114328941166592

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g187323-d1230204-i110173823-Axel_Hotel_Berlin-Berlin.html#110173815

The other picture was robbed too. Load of sh*te.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #395 on: June 07, 2015, 02:05:57 AM »
That Chinese guy on Twitter seems to like robbing pictures off TripAdvisor and passing them as his own.. what a wind up merchant he is.

https://twitter.com/JonLiuSport/status/607114328941166592

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g187323-d1230204-i110173823-Axel_Hotel_Berlin-Berlin.html#110173815

The other picture was robbed too. Load of sh*te.

He didn't need to try too hard to get people to believe him which I find ridiculous. It was obvious from his first couple of tweets there was nothing genuine about any of them. Let's face it all the information he needed was already reported and he just added things on, he must have been wetting himself laughing at everyone retweeting and discussing it.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #396 on: June 07, 2015, 10:49:25 AM »
Although the link to the Chinese was always somewhat laughable I find it strange there has been no whispers at all to the identity of whoever is interested, if anyone. I'm fully expecting a release soon saying price could not be agreed etc. I'm not sure if this really has ever been on.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #397 on: June 07, 2015, 10:51:08 AM »
There is a interview on bbc him saying he would invest in a British club. However it would have to be the right one.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #398 on: June 07, 2015, 11:34:22 AM »
Although the link to the Chinese was always somewhat laughable I find it strange there has been no whispers at all to the identity of whoever is interested, if anyone. I'm fully expecting a release soon saying price could not be agreed etc. I'm not sure if this really has ever been on.

The club's reputation for doing its business behind closed doors is legendary - that particular aspect does not surprise me at all. 

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #399 on: June 07, 2015, 01:05:37 PM »
The guy on Twitter has just admitted he's winding the fans up. Oh well none us are suprised. Must be a wolves or villa fan on the wind up!