Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637333 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #3300 on: August 19, 2013, 07:20:56 PM »
I spoke to him on twitter as well after he sent me messages after reading my tweets and in his words 'sensing my disappointment in him'. I told him all he had to do was keep it shut on twitter and keep it inhouse regardless of who was to blame and to be fair he did admit he had overdone it on Twitter. We are only hearing his version, no doubt there are two sides and both sides have been at fault along the line whether mis-understandings or not but only one chose to air his dirty linen and that one has previous history of it.

He won't apologise though, there's the issue.
Evening Phil
I know it's a sensitive subject , but he is an employee /asset of West Bromwich Albion , we are just fans of said club, we don't own him and he owes us nothing , if there is a need to apologise surely that would be to his paymasters, but not us?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3301 on: August 19, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »
Every player that is brought into the club costs money whether it be a transfer or loan fee or higher wages,  so suggesting he won't spend money is frankly ridiculous.  Also,  the fact that Odemwhinger is frozen out clearly suggests that money is not Peace's sole motivation because as many have already pointed out he is currently costing us wages and a reduced transfer fee every day this sorry episode continues.

sorry, i meant he wont spend money on a permanent signing... only saying that because in an interview.. he basically said he only wants loans not permanent, he wants to stick to a 22 man squad. money is not peaces sole motivation? aint you read his interviews?.. its all he bloody cares about! dont forget.. its peace and his tight pocket that's making the whole Sinclair thing drag on!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3302 on: August 19, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »
Evening Phil
I know it's a sensitive subject , but he is an employee /asset of West Bromwich Albion , we are just fans of said club, we don't own him and he owes us nothing , if there is a need to apologise surely that would be to his paymasters, but not us?

Si  :D

I think any apology has to be made in public via either his mouth or his agents mouth with him sat/stood next to said agent, he was happy enough to give the dirt in public so should be big enough to issue the apology in public. For me I think he owes an apology to the fans as well due to his tweets whether some think they were aimed at fans or not, they were on a social media website where the vast majority of his followers are Albion fans. Any issues should have been kept inhouse and dealt with inhouse as well.

When a player is sent off in a game they usually come out and apologise to the fans, Pete has gone a bit further than that wouldn't you agree ?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:32:01 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3303 on: August 19, 2013, 07:33:29 PM »
Si  :D

I think any apology has to be made in public via either his mouth or his agents mouth with him sat/stood next to said agent, he was happy enough to give the dirt in public so should be big enough to issue the apology in public. For me I think he owes an apology to the fans as well due to his tweets whether some think they were aimed at fans or not, they were on a social media website where the vast majority of his followers are Albion fans. Any issues should have been kept inhouse and dealt with inhouse as well.
I'm not saying it wouldn't help, but I don't think it would be the end of it so he may think why bother?and I really don't think he owes me anything.
On the subject of twitter, I wonder what the thoughts of Jeremy and Steve were regarding the Clarke siblings outbursts?, almost odemwingieesque?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3304 on: August 19, 2013, 07:36:44 PM »
I'm not saying it wouldn't help, but I don't think it would be the end of it so he may think why bother?and I really don't think he owes me anything.
On the subject of twitter, I wonder what the thoughts of Jeremy and Steve were regarding the Clarke siblings outbursts?, almost odemwingieesque?

It may have no effect at all but at least it would show some sort of compromise add try to move on. Would it hurt him ? no, would it help his relationship with the fans ? massively.

As for Clarke sons, bang out of order but not sure how the club do take any action unless they come out and divulge stuff they shouldn't. Upto Clarke to put them in their place and shut them up.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3305 on: August 19, 2013, 07:46:12 PM »
It may have no effect at all but at least it would show some sort of compromise add try to move on. Would it hurt him ? no, would it help his relationship with the fans ? massively.

As for Clarke sons, bang out of order but not sure how the club do take any action unless they come out and divulge stuff they shouldn't. Upto Clarke to put them in their place and shut them up.
Unless Clarke is using them as a public mouthpiece?
After that defeat and the clouds that appear to be circling , it could be the ideal time for mr O to get back in the good books, conversely we may just sign a few stunners and win some matches and all will be fine :D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3306 on: August 19, 2013, 07:47:50 PM »
Unless Clarke is using them as a public mouthpiece?
After that defeat and the clouds that appear to be circling , it could be the ideal time for mr O to get back in the good books, conversely we may just sign a few stunners and win some matches and all will be fine :D

That is something that crossed my mind but surely he wouldn't !!

Think theres more chance of stunners than Mr O  :D

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3307 on: August 19, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »
I think its fair to say that SC and JP best days are behind them but its all down to SC now, if he gets good results then he stays in the job but if he does not he will be gone very quickly.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Andzy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3308 on: August 19, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »
Baggie79 sorry to pry mate and I realise you cant say to much but just why is there relationship failing is it down to lack of investment on JP's side or is it over the odemwingie situation

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3309 on: August 19, 2013, 08:34:45 PM »
Sorry Baggie79 didn't quite understand the first part of your post. When you say best days behind them do you mean in terms of their relationship? Is it on the slide?

staticboy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3310 on: August 19, 2013, 09:01:23 PM »
Hi All,
Just a thought,  (after what Baggie79 has said) what if JP is waiting to see how SC manages the next 3 games, gets a new manager in if all hits the fan.  The new manager wants to keep odemwingie and will play him in his preferred position.  obviously this is all ifs and buts and there is probably more chance of me juggling soot than PO playing again.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3311 on: August 19, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »
Sorry Baggie79 didn't quite understand the first part of your post. When you say best days behind them do you mean in terms of their relationship? Is it on the slide?

All I meant was that Peace backed Clarke 100% when he first came in and he obviously does not anymore due to the results lately, possibly the lack of big transfer fees speaks louder than words.

Just a personal opinion and no more than that but if I had to guess it seems that Clarke is on a tight rope at the moment. I hope that I am wrong!
Gera, Gera, Gera

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3312 on: August 19, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »
I think its fair to say that SC and JP best days are behind them but its all down to SC now, if he gets good results then he stays in the job but if he does not he will be gone very quickly.
JP's purse strings could be important in what results SC is able to achieve ?

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3313 on: August 19, 2013, 09:37:29 PM »
All I meant was that Peace backed Clarke 100% when he first came in and he obviously does not anymore due to the results lately, possibly the lack of big transfer fees speaks louder than words.

Just a personal opinion and no more than that but if I had to guess it seems that Clarke is on a tight rope at the moment. I hope that I am wrong!

It would be typical of JP to 'sack' a manager after the window shuts IMO.

Something ain't right ATM, it just don't feel right at Albion. We should have pushed on from last season and were showing signs of going backwards.

In regards to odemwonga I think there's a lot more to that than meets the eye and I'm sure once he and/or Clarke have left this club we will find out a bit more.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3314 on: August 19, 2013, 09:38:02 PM »
He didnt back him in January either,yes i remember what SC said but i tend not to believe managers when they say they are perfectly happy with the squad and dont need any reinforcements!!  ;)
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3315 on: August 19, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »

Peace has backed him well, most that we have signed/loaned/gone for have had a "Chelsea " connection, however if you take the last 20 odd games, and add in "that" diabolical set up Saturday you can understands JP's anxiety.
I hope it turns around but he needs to "coach" and not look for excuses or play games.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3316 on: August 19, 2013, 09:52:05 PM »

Something ain't right ATM, it just don't feel right at Albion. We should have pushed on from last season and were showing signs of going backwards.

In regards to odemwonga I think there's a lot more to that than meets the eye and I'm sure once he and/or Clarke have left this club we will find out a bit more.
.  Considering this is suppose to be Odemwinge , how can you say we haven't pushed on from last season after just one game ? And to be talking about sacking well! You ought to be ashamed Albion fans

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3317 on: August 19, 2013, 09:56:29 PM »
.  Considering this is suppose to be Odemwinge , how can you say we haven't pushed on from last season after just one game ? And to be talking about sacking well! You ought to be ashamed Albion fans

Hang on! Where have I said he should be sacked? Odemwonga and Clarke wont be here forever and once they do leave (now or three years time) I'm sure we'd find our more.

As for not pushing on, we haven't since our great start last season. We've won what 3 games since Jan?

As I say all the signs to me say we look like we're going backwards.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3318 on: August 19, 2013, 09:58:27 PM »
Peace has backed him well, most that we have signed/loaned/gone for have had a "Chelsea " connection, however if you take the last 20 odd games, and add in "that" diabolical set up Saturday you can understands JP's anxiety.
I hope it turns around but he needs to "coach" and not look for excuses or play games.
Well since Clarke has come in who have we brought in ? Rosenberg and Yacob (both already lined up before Clarke took over). Lukaku and obviously Clarke had an input there. This year Anelka ....time will tell, but cant possibly judge this after 1 game - Luganu and Vydra again time will tell. Doesn't amount to major backing in the current climate really.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3319 on: August 19, 2013, 10:04:31 PM »
Well since Clarke has come in who have we brought in ? Rosenberg and Yacob (both already lined up before Clarke took over). Lukaku and obviously Clarke had an input there. This year Anelka ....time will tell, but cant possibly judge this after 1 game - Luganu and Vydra again time will tell. Doesn't amount to major backing in the current climate really.
Lukaku Chelsea
Sinclair ex Chelsea
Kalou ex Chelsea
Anelka ex Chelsea
VYDRA recommended by Zola ex Chelsea
Do you think Clarke didn't have a big say in those targets?
Just because we haven't spent big does not mean either that Clarke wants us to nor that we won't before the window closes.
I ask you this, with the formation and selection on Saturday , would you let him spend your money?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3320 on: August 19, 2013, 10:05:37 PM »
Anyway back to pete

A certain tony Mowbray believed to be interested, boy he needs some help.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3321 on: August 19, 2013, 11:07:13 PM »
Lukaku Chelsea
Sinclair ex Chelsea
Kalou ex Chelsea
Anelka ex Chelsea
VYDRA recommended by Zola ex Chelsea
Do you think Clarke didn't have a big say in those targets?
Just because we haven't spent big does not mean either that Clarke wants us to nor that we won't before the window closes.
I ask you this, with the formation and selection on Saturday , would you let him spend your money?
From what I've read, Zola recommended us to Vydra not the other way around.  Given the success of Lukaku and the fact Anelka has only played one game, if there is a problem with Clarke's interest in ex or present Chelasea players it's totally unproven yet.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3322 on: August 19, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »

Would it? From the top of my head he's only really sacked two managers in mid season in his ten year stint, one because of a massive falling out, the other because we weren't gettinganywhere.. capitulating after a very good start (history repeats and all that)

Funnily enough both turned out to be resounding successes (till the end of the season anyway in Robson's case)

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3323 on: August 19, 2013, 11:52:21 PM »
Would it? From the top of my head he's only really sacked two managers in mid season in his ten year stint, one because of a massive falling out, the other because we weren't gettinganywhere.. capitulating after a very good start (history repeats and all that)

Funnily enough both turned out to be resounding successes (till the end of the season anyway in Robson's case)

Didn't he sack Megson as well?

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3324 on: August 19, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »
Sack sack sack !!! At least it's taken the attention off PO