Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637346 times)

THROSTLE79

• WBA Newbie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #3075 on: August 08, 2013, 01:01:04 AM »
Starting to get a feeling there could be a u-turn coming with ODW , maybe if we can't get a GOOD deal we WON'T deal at all  because a resolution could be the cheaper option , are we going to sell him for £1M or so to our direct competition in OUR league ? Giving them pace , goals , prem-experience , for next to nothing as we struggle ( or are seeming to ) to find the right candidate to replace .
ODW was pictured at Shane Longs wedding in Ireland during the summer so maybe not as exiled from the squad as we might think .
Personally I want him gone and replaced with quality , but , if we can't get the right player in then make him apologise to us fans and get back on that goal trail for the baggies - ultimately that's his job and he could go on to score a lot more for us and put himself in our folklore .
WE ARE ALBION !! SAY WE ARE ALBION !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3076 on: August 08, 2013, 01:11:22 AM »
Starting to get a feeling there could be a u-turn coming with ODW , maybe if we can't get a GOOD deal we WON'T deal at all  because a resolution could be the cheaper option , are we going to sell him for £1M or so to our direct competition in OUR league ? Giving them pace , goals , prem-experience , for next to nothing as we struggle ( or are seeming to ) to find the right candidate to replace .
ODW was pictured at Shane Longs wedding in Ireland during the summer so maybe not as exiled from the squad as we might think .
Personally I want him gone and replaced with quality , but , if we can't get the right player in then make him apologise to us fans and get back on that goal trail for the baggies - ultimately that's his job and he could go on to score a lot more for us and put himself in our folklore .

I do believe he has been frozen out by the coaching staff, but I also agree that 90% of the squad have no issues with Peter Odemwingie. All footballers are alike, it's a job to them. They probably wind him up something chronic, but I doubt there is any vitriol in it, despite Steve Reid's posturing in the press for the benefit of the fans.

A U-turn should never be ruled out, as the great Jimmy Greaves says, it's a funny old game.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3077 on: August 08, 2013, 08:50:33 AM »
Tweet from Chris Lepkowski this morning:

"PO will be sold or sidelined for 6 months at least. £1.5m has been rejected. On 38k-p-wk"

So we have turned down a £1.5m offer from someone. It's reached the time to accept that kind of money IMO and save on the wages too. As Mr Spock would say: "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one"!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3078 on: August 08, 2013, 09:00:30 AM »
So on one hand we have JP seemingly 'wasting' money with Odemwingie yet on the other not willing to pay the £4m for Sinclair!!

I have been a huge supporter of JP but if the summer window closes and it remains as is in terms of players I will seriously have to question what JP is doing!

mannimc

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3079 on: August 08, 2013, 09:09:01 AM »
Im getting frustrated but if history is anything to go by we will get the money that we want.

Theres obvious interest from somewhere so lets keep faith

We are desperately in need of a few players to freshen up the squad

walter baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3080 on: August 08, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
hes going to harry,qpr are interested,also he know his way there,and his love for harry cant be denied!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:26:44 AM by walter baggie »

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3081 on: August 08, 2013, 09:21:47 AM »
hes going to harry,qpr are interested,also he know hes way there,
At least he knows how to get there. ;D
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3082 on: August 08, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »
So on one hand we have JP seemingly 'wasting' money with Odemwingie yet on the other not willing to pay the £4m for Sinclair!!

I have been a huge supporter of JP but if the summer window closes and it remains as is in terms of players I will seriously have to question what JP is doing!

It’s frustrating, isn't every summer, yet JP’s record suggests that he is a competent mover and by the time transfer windows shut our sales and acquisitions more than often make impressive reading.  Keep the faith.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:49:22 AM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

tommi

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3083 on: August 08, 2013, 10:11:32 AM »
Hopefully playing hardball wont backfire, rejecting £1.5m is fine if they offer more, however his wages will cost us about £1.9m for the year.
West Bromwich Albion F.C. - Founded 1879

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3084 on: August 08, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »
Hopefully playing hardball wont backfire
Our bargaining position for Odemwonga is worsening with each passing day. Everyone who's interested knows that he's ostracised within the club and that he's not having a proper pre-season, so will be taking these into account in what they offer us.

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3085 on: August 08, 2013, 11:36:11 AM »
If we did What Odemwingie did to our current emplyers we would be fired. What is currently happening is that we cant just fire a player, so were doing the next possible punishment and that is not just let him go to the next bidder.

We paid a fee, and we paid his wages on time every month. We want a fee back + some of the wages back.

This is not unreasonable, and I would much rather it dragged out until a suitable bid comes in to resolve this.

Odemwingie has said he does not want to go abroad so really we can't do much else. We may have accepted a bid from the Qatar team, but Odemwingie wont go, so whats the point in persuing that bid?

He is not going to feature, he is training alone/with academy players. He is not part of first team affairs, never training with first team so really he is just a minor inconvenience.

Lets leave it at that, if we continue to whine and moan about this, we are not moving on. Support the lads who are proud to wear the shirt and just ignore the ones who don't want to be here. He does not deserve 120+ pages of text.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3086 on: August 08, 2013, 11:47:36 AM »
If we did What Odemwingie did to our current emplyers we would be fired. What is currently happening is that we cant just fire a player, so were doing the next possible punishment and that is not just let him go to the next bidder.

We paid a fee, and we paid his wages on time every month. We want a fee back + some of the wages back.

This is not unreasonable, and I would much rather it dragged out until a suitable bid comes in to resolve this.

Odemwingie has said he does not want to go abroad so really we can't do much else. We may have accepted a bid from the Qatar team, but Odemwingie wont go, so whats the point in persuing that bid?

He is not going to feature, he is training alone/with academy players. He is not part of first team affairs, never training with first team so really he is just a minor inconvenience.

Lets leave it at that, if we continue to whine and moan about this, we are not moving on. Support the lads who are proud to wear the shirt and just ignore the ones who don't want to be here. He does not deserve 120+ pages of text.

Agreed.

However when potential targets coming in are off the back of Odemwingie leaving (as rumoured by a tweet earlier by I think CL) that's when it needs to be sorted IMO.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3087 on: August 08, 2013, 11:53:36 AM »
The mirror today says that we want £3.5M for him. I hope that is not true as we won't get that. If it was purely down to ability then yes but there is so much baggage that make that amount impossible to get.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3088 on: August 08, 2013, 12:06:04 PM »
The mirror today says that we want £3.5M for him. I hope that is not true as we won't get that. If it was purely down to ability then yes but there is so much baggage that make that amount impossible to get.

I would think that is the bare minimum. We wanted 2 million and Hoillett in January and Peace's stance hasn't changed.

tjmill

« Reply #3089 on: August 08, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
I cant see this being finalised until nearer to the end of the window. Think all the clubs are reluctant to pay 2m for a 32 year old player with only 1 year left and they know we want rid so they are in control.
Need to shift him though before season in my opinion or it could affect the rest of the team having him still around,

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3090 on: August 08, 2013, 12:30:13 PM »
I cant see this being finalised until nearer to the end of the window. Think all the clubs are reluctant to pay 2m for a 32 year old player with only 1 year left and they know we want rid so they are in control.
Need to shift him though before season in my opinion or it could affect the rest of the team having him still around,

Except for Odemwingie's close friends I doubt the players care. If he is still here on September the first he will resume training with the first team squad as we are not able to keep him with the kids indefinitely due to European worker laws.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3091 on: August 08, 2013, 01:10:51 PM »
Just get him gone now. He can't come back into the first team (despite what his appologists keep saying), and his prescence will destablise the fan base. Take the money, save the wages, get Sinclair, a player who actually wants to be here.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3092 on: August 08, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »
Ok lets try this one more time. As I said last week it is a FACT that Pete has been told by the club that he will NEVER play for us again no matter what, CL has even said the same today to back this up. Even if he does not get sold this window it will be the next one, the club have made a stance and they will not change their mind and I for one fully support this. Nobody is bigger than this club no matter how talented they are.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3093 on: August 08, 2013, 03:16:37 PM »
Ok lets try this one more time. As I said last week it is a FACT that Pete has been told by the club that he will NEVER play for us again no matter what, CL has even said the same today to back this up. Even if he does not get sold this window it will be the next one, the club have made a stance and they will not change their mind and I for one fully support this. Nobody is bigger than this club no matter how talented they are.

But what if ... ?

(Ducks for cover)  :P

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3094 on: August 08, 2013, 03:18:03 PM »

Thanks AGAIN Baggie79
That should be clear enough even for TheJacko2000.
I would love you in my corner TheJacko2000

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3095 on: August 08, 2013, 04:01:44 PM »
I don't think anyone doubts what the club have said to him , and that you clearly have a relationship / are privy to info from the club which I , like many are grateful for.
What I would say is this , in much the same way that everyone as their price, every situation has its tipping point , without dragging up all the qpr and he said she said business, the facts are IF no one comes in (with a suitable offer) we would have an "asset" on around 40k a week that we would prefer not to use .
Now whilst many admire the stance by the club (and I fully see their reasoning) you do wonder at what point (lack of goals , injuries, defeats) the stance could/would be changed , and if we lost the first 4 in a row , Pete publically apologised and said I am totally in the wrong , the hatrick v wolves meant so much to me, I have let down the fans who took me as their own etc etc would it really be that unbelievable?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3096 on: August 08, 2013, 04:15:39 PM »
if we lost the first 4 in a row , Pete publically apologised and said I am totally in the wrong , the hatrick v wolves meant so much to me, I have let down the fans who took me as their own etc etc would it really be that unbelievable?
Yes it would be totally and utterly unbelievable and anyone who thought otherwise would be deluding themselves. He has to leave and the club needs to get it done by Sep 2nd.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3097 on: August 08, 2013, 04:17:45 PM »
Yes it would be totally and utterly unbelievable and anyone who thought otherwise would be deluding themselves. He has to leave and the club needs to get it done by Sep 2nd.

Don't forget the Championship loan window opens about a week or so after that date so its feasible he could get his dream move to 'Arry even then
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3098 on: August 08, 2013, 04:21:18 PM »
For me as a club we have made our point now , Odemwingie has about 12 months left on his contract so any bid around 1.5 million and i would most likely accept . I am pleased the club stuck to their guns in January but now is the time to get fresh blood in not to mention the possible damage it's doing to our clubs image if we drag it too far.
The only club i would reject that sort of offer from is QPR just so it doesn't feel like they are getting one over us and i don't want to help old Twitchy.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3099 on: August 08, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »
Don't forget the Championship loan window opens about a week or so after that date so its feasible he could get his dream move to 'Arry even then
Indeed, but if we end up loaning him in that window, we'll have pretty much lost all hope of getting a transfer fee for him. That scenario would make Peace's principled stand in January a very expensive one.