Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637312 times)

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #2825 on: July 20, 2013, 10:41:31 PM »
Lets see what fee he go's for 1st before you say that.

Even if he ends up going on a free (that wont happen) Albion still took the right approach. This episode has cost us a few Million, fair enough, but to break to a spoilt player throwing his toys out of the pram would have done alot more damage long term.

I'm 100% behind our stance here. If any future player fancies doing a Pete, then all they have to do is remember how his last 6 months have gone.

I want him gone and by September he will be, but we can't view this as a mistake. We did exactly the right thing.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2826 on: July 20, 2013, 11:20:14 PM »
Brunt said on the home page that 'Peter is now out of the picture'. PO is gone, the rest is just haggling. In any case PO is so divisive that simply getting rid is now a gain.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2827 on: July 20, 2013, 11:31:43 PM »
Even if he ends up going on a free (that wont happen) Albion still took the right approach. This episode has cost us a few Million, fair enough, but to break to a spoilt player throwing his toys out of the pram would have done alot more damage long term.

I'm 100% behind our stance here. If any future player fancies doing a Pete, then all they have to do is remember how his last 6 months have gone.

I want him gone and by September he will be, but we can't view this as a mistake. We did exactly the right thing.

I agree with you 100% I was just saying lets see what JP sells him for before fans start saying we should have sold him in January.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:37:39 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2828 on: July 21, 2013, 04:19:40 PM »
It's just a matter of time now it seems

"A source at Al Nasr told Gulf News: “Fulham and Sunderland have joined us so it’s more complicated now, but we still want to keep on negotiating"."

http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/al-nasr-admit-odemwingie-negotiations-are-complicated-1.1211452

He'd be a good signing for someone for 2 years. We'll get £1.5mill for sure and that'll be that.

I'd wager that another big earner will come in to use the wages currently allocated to Pete, but with us being cautious we're probably not going to sign such a player till he's actually gone for certain.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2829 on: July 21, 2013, 05:23:04 PM »
It seems the 'end game' is near on this sorry saga - he could have been a legend but will leave with as bitter taste as any Albion player in recent history - crying shame.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2830 on: July 21, 2013, 11:44:27 PM »
It seems the 'end game' is near on this sorry saga - he could have been a legend but will leave with as bitter taste as any Albion player in recent history - crying shame.

That's it for me in a nutshell. THAT game against Wolves, goals against Villa, Blues, Chelsea, Liverpool etc a proper hero in the making then acts like a total dick on Twitter and sours it for us all.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

westbrom bird

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2831 on: July 22, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
The quicker he goes the better the player has no loyalty and thinks he bigger than the club !!! very wrong there PO  >:(
BOING BOING TILL I CANT BOING NO MORE

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2832 on: July 22, 2013, 08:14:30 PM »
The quicker he goes the better the player has no loyalty and thinks he bigger than the club !!! very wrong there PO  >:(
He's never said he was bigger than the club,this is going on a bit now,I don't despise him(some do and that's their choice) I've said before if he stayed I would not be dissapointed,lets not kid ourselves that any of our current squad "love"the baggies anymore than any of us love our employers,yes he made mistakes but those of you who have never please tell me.
Rewind to THAT Sunday in feb,when his 3rd went in v wolves most would have allowed him any privelage that night?
He's not in the right but lets not forget the good .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2833 on: July 22, 2013, 08:20:40 PM »
He's never said he was bigger than the club,this is going on a bit now,I don't despise him(some do and that's their choice) I've said before if he stayed I would not be dissapointed,lets not kid ourselves that any of our current squad "love"the baggies anymore than any of us love our employers,yes he made mistakes but those of you who have never please tell me.
Rewind to THAT Sunday in feb,when his 3rd went in v wolves most would have allowed him any privelage that night?
'most would have allowed him any privelage that night?'

that night has long gone!

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2834 on: July 22, 2013, 08:24:52 PM »
I've said before if he stayed I would not be dissapointed,lets not kid ourselves that any of our current squad "love"the baggies anymore than any of us love our employers,yes he made mistakes but those of you who have never please tell me.
Most people working in a professional world would understand that you have obligations. I for example understand that as a person working for a global corporation I have obligations about what I can and cannot write on my own social networking pages and that I can be held accountable to my employer for these things. I may not agree with many things that happen in my organisation, but I never go online and tweet/facebook these thoughts

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2835 on: July 22, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »

that night has long gone!

And many of us can't wait until he has also been long gone because we are sick of hearing about him.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2836 on: July 22, 2013, 08:28:22 PM »

He had a chance. When he initially came back into the squad the reaction from the crowd was nowhere near as bad as it could have been but he just couldn't keep his mouth shut on twitter and had to have yet another pop at the club as things weren't quite going his way. That tarnished his reputation more than his previous exploits, he didn't learn from his mistakes like most people do.

I will remember the goals but it is well and truly overshadowed by him being an idiot. Need him gone now asap.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2837 on: July 22, 2013, 08:55:13 PM »
Most people working in a professional world would understand that you have obligations. I for example understand that as a person working for a global corporation I have obligations about what I can and cannot write on my own social networking pages and that I can be held accountable to my employer for these things. I may not agree with many things that happen in my organisation, but I never go online and tweet/facebook these thoughts
Honestly,if you were so well set up financially that you didn't need to work,would you speak out against your employers more?
I said he has been wrong and could of handled things better but I still think nose spite face.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2838 on: July 22, 2013, 08:55:24 PM »
We are now on Page 114 of this post and much of it is repetition - and boring. I am not having a go at any particular view but surely it is time to forget Mr O until such a time as we have some positive news about his departure. The next time I log onto a post I want to read that he has agreed to move to a particular club.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2839 on: July 22, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »
Shame he was such an idiot but he will be difficult to replace. We saw how much we missed him second half of the season. The sooner he goes though the better as I doubt we'll spend any money until he has.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2840 on: July 22, 2013, 09:01:36 PM »
Honestly,if you were so well set up financially that you didn't need to work,would you speak out against your employers more?
I said he has been wrong and could of handled things better but I still think nose spite face.

Hi Si  :D

Personally I would have kept quiet to secure my move elsewhere then vented my spleen at my previous employers rather than try and force a move by acting like a total tit on social media.

The club maybe in the wrong somewhere but they have kept their dignity during it all whereas the player who repeatedly hinted etc at wanting to move during previous windows has acted like a spoilt brat and ruined his relationship with the fans to an extent that he has gone from being well on the way to becoming a modern day legend (a word used to often for no reason) remembered for his goals to being remembered as a jumped up Twitter tosser famous for his tweets and driving down the M40 declaring his love for ole 'Arry
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2841 on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:58 PM »

Personally I would have kept quiet to secure my move elsewhere then vented my spleen at my previous employers rather than try and force a move by acting like a total tit on social media.

The club maybe in the wrong somewhere but they have kept their dignity during it all whereas the player who repeatedly hinted etc at wanting to move during previous windows has acted like a spoilt brat and ruined his relationship with the fans to an extent that he has gone from being well on the way to becoming a modern day legend (a word used to often for no reason) remembered for his goals to being remembered as a jumped up Twitter tosser famous for his tweets and driving down the M40 declaring his love for ole 'Arry
Perfectly summed up. if I may say so.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2842 on: July 23, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
This for me, spot on. There have been so many crucial goals that odemwingie has provided, so many times we have been near relegation i cant help but owe some thanks to the guy. Yes he's messed up but how do we  know some of the stuff may have been misguided by his agent etc? He'll move on and we'll move on but lets be honest we could be in the championship without his goals, blackburn and wolves away, blackpool at home etc, big turning points

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2843 on: July 23, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
Being mentioned again on sky sports, al nasri want to know the transfer fee for greedy could be sorted in next few days

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2844 on: July 23, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »

Bonjour Phil  :D
I can't argue, what I would say is ....clearly he ain't the most stable, we have only heard one side really and regardless how much in the bank if you fined me 80k I'd bloody spout my mouth off too?

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2845 on: July 24, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »
According to sky sports the Dubai team interested are now looking elsewhere after we didnt get back to them regarding an acceptable price after their joke offer of 850k.. Looks like we aren't wanting to sell for anything less than the 3 mill we want? I can see this dragging on till the last day lol we WILL get the price we want when people start panicking near the end of window that's for sure.
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2846 on: July 24, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »
According to sky sports the Dubai team interested are now looking elsewhere after we didnt get back to them regarding an acceptable price after their joke offer of 850k.. Looks like we aren't wanting to sell for anything less than the 3 mill we want? I can see this dragging on till the last day lol we WILL get the price we want when people start panicking near the end of window that's for sure.
Not sure where you have got £3 million from. We want around £2 million, maybe up to £2.5 million if we are lucky. Those are the figures reported in most places.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2847 on: July 24, 2013, 01:12:46 PM »
Should have sold him for what they offered.We dont want him in this league because you just know whats going to happen.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2848 on: July 24, 2013, 01:21:33 PM »
Ah I thought it was 3 mil my bad.. That said would still be a bargain in my humble opinion ( 1st season performance before shh hits the fan obviously) Personaly I'm glad we're playing hardball. He can't be affecting morale when he's not training with first team etc..last seasons end we still needed him as a squad player, next year we won't wether he's here or not lol! Part of me would like to see him here just for the lesson but no doubt he'll be gone.
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2849 on: July 24, 2013, 01:28:27 PM »
If we don't get his valuation then we should keep him.Nobody thought Tevez would play for City again but he did. We should learn from how they handled things. He may be a tw4t but he is a good player who i would be happy to utilise, i know the majority feel differently.