Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637349 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #2650 on: June 26, 2013, 09:27:23 PM »
I have a funny feeling we have not seen the last of him in the blue and white stripes!

No bids and a humble pie interview and he will be back in the team August IMO!
I have also said this, I think it's 50/50 at the mo, the club would like to sell but don't have too.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2651 on: June 26, 2013, 10:34:56 PM »
There's been no sign of humble pie in the 5 months since Jan. It's just as likely we'll be lumbered with him in the same mood for a while longer. Someone will try their luck before the deadline and we should offload and save the £2m wages.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2652 on: June 27, 2013, 09:49:24 AM »
Will be interesting to see how he is used if hes still here come pre season friendlies.

Will he be played, or will he get the odd 15 minutes here and there.

Think he will be sold in last couple of weeks of the window, to a promoted team who will pay around 2.5mill (potentially rising on goals, staying up etc).

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2653 on: June 27, 2013, 10:16:18 AM »
There is no doubt that he will be gone, but it would be stupid to sell him now if we can generate more cash for him in a few weeks, which we most certainly will.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2654 on: June 27, 2013, 10:25:04 AM »
After our early promotions we had to play huffers and puffers like Hughes, Horsefield, Dichio and Dobie. And then a seriously ageing Campbell.

Predictably we went down.

What would we have done for a striker with 30 goals in 80 Prem games - even if he did come with "attitude"

Hull are now looking at Marlon King - now that's attitude!

PO is a classy and effective striker/winger. We'll find a buyer for the right price.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2655 on: June 27, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »
i understand why so many have got ill feeling towards him , ask yourself this (honestly)
Name one player you associate with west broms succesful stint in the prem?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2656 on: June 27, 2013, 10:29:54 AM »
Keep him i say.We wont replace him
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2657 on: June 27, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »
Watched the season review DVD last night. No wonder we struggled after January! Pete and Gera were involved in so much of our good attacking work post Jan. It's a wonder we managed to score a goal at all after we lost both from our side!

Such a shame that we will have to lose him because, as one of the earlier posts says, who has played a bigger part in our sustained PL success for the last three years? We will struggle to replace what a fully firing Odemwingie can offer us. I personally could take him back into the team, but I understand why some couldn't.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2658 on: June 27, 2013, 10:58:55 AM »
i understand why so many have got ill feeling towards him , ask yourself this (honestly)

Ask yourself who was the one that actually burnt their bridges with the club and fans?

No one has ever denied how important a player he was for us but all of this situation is of his own making and there is no way back because he continued to play his face on twitter undermining his manager.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2659 on: June 27, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »
I can name you 2 before Pete (honestly) - Mulumbu and Olsson

Pete done well in his first season but since then he has scored just 15 goals in 2 seasons, hardly prolific and I am fully aware he played less for the second half of this season,  but whos fault was that??
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:28:06 AM by phbaggies »
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2660 on: June 27, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
Some folk on here are dragging it all on a bit too much now, for me.

You're not down the local now lads, you can't react the same was you would if somebody 'mugged you off infront of your mates'.

"Nobody slags off my beloved west brom"...."Except me when we're losing or i'm drunk".

Keep St.George in my heart.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2661 on: June 27, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

You can't just name one player though, its a squad game and all have played a big part. To try and single one player out would be an insult to the ones you leave out. Lukaku, McAuley, Olsson, Brunt, Morrison, Foster, Long etc etc etc

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2662 on: June 27, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »
A deal will be done and we will be shot of him. The worst possible outcome is for us to be lumbered with him next year. Even if the majority of fans call a truce (which I somehow doubt would happen) he is only one poor performance or twitter outburst for the whole sour atmosphere to return and Clarke hardly being able to play him for fear of his own fans reaction. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2663 on: June 27, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »
A deal will be done and we will be shot of him. The worst possible outcome is for us to be lumbered with him next year. Even if the majority of fans call a truce (which I somehow doubt would happen) he is only one poor performance or twitter outburst for the whole sour atmosphere to return and Clarke hardly being able to play him for fear of his own fans reaction.
Agreed - he simply has to go, even if it means we have to take less money than we would ideally hold out for.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:34:41 PM by WorcsWBA »

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2664 on: June 27, 2013, 01:49:06 PM »
You know what IF I supported another club & we were link to him I'd post
" he's worth a punt he knows were the back of the net is that's for sure"
But I don't so lets get rid asp.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2665 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:06 PM »
Ask yourself who was the one that actually burnt their bridges with the club and fans?

No one has ever denied how important a player he was for us but all of this situation is of his own making and there is no way back because he continued to play his face on twitter undermining his manager.
however its been said on many occasions there are 2 sides, when you watch the footage of him leaving our training ground in his range talking to the man in the suit , does thislook like a man that has been told point blank that he cant go?
I cant argue your point because neither of us actually know what actually happened only the sensational bits that were on tv?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2666 on: June 27, 2013, 07:30:23 PM »
You can't just name one player though, its a squad game and all have played a big part. To try and single one player out would be an insult to the ones you leave out. Lukaku, McAuley, Olsson, Brunt, Morrison, Foster, Long etc etc etc
unless you asked real madrid, barca, swansea , the vile etc etc , all clubs usually have a talismann , like it or not ours was the nigerian russian that hit the ground running , produced more often than not and got "those" goals against the dingles, I really can understand some of the bad feeling but we are a better squad with him and no other player (recent years) has had the same impact...(waits for shouts of lukaku )....then comes back with over more than one season  :D
Hi Phil  ;D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2667 on: June 27, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »
unless you asked real madrid, barca, swansea , the vile etc etc , all clubs usually have a talismann , like it or not ours was the nigerian russian that hit the ground running , produced more often than not and got "those" goals against the dingles, I really can understand some of the bad feeling but we are a better squad with him and no other player (recent years) has had the same impact...(waits for shouts of lukaku )....then comes back with over more than one season  :D
Hi Phil  ;D

:D Hi Si

Won't knock his record as I can't but I think others have had an impact on our survival just as much. Goalscorers get the plaudits.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2668 on: June 27, 2013, 09:10:03 PM »
You know what IF I supported another club & we were link to him I'd post
" he's worth a punt he knows were the back of the net is that's for sure"
But I don't so lets get rid asp.
Palace, for example, should be thinking "he might just keep us up for 3 mill, get him on a 2 year contract".

TBH they might be right.  And a Holloway/Odem spat to look forward to if it goes sour.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2669 on: June 27, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
I just want the club to get the market value for him. We are not a rich club, the budget is finely tuned and he is a valuable asset. Otherwise what was the point of not letting him go to QPR. Players will also think all they need to do is throw a strop and the club sells at the first opportunity at a knock down price and ends up losing its investment. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2670 on: June 27, 2013, 10:47:20 PM »
Surley the market value for a player that earns 2million a year in the last year of his contract can't be more than his earnings? Keeping him in jan was a mistake and holding out now will be. i loved him by the way and don't have a bad word to say about him but he wants away. i don't want any player here who doesn't want to waer the shirt!!

GET RID!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2671 on: June 27, 2013, 10:56:12 PM »
Keeping him in jan was a mistake

In hindsight, maybe. But if we'd have let him go endless amounts of people would have called us weak and we'd of looked very bad and set a president for other want away stroppy sods.

I'm glad we kept him, as it meant QPR went down and we stayed looking strong. Big picture, that's going to be worth more than the £2mill or so this ep has cost us.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2672 on: June 27, 2013, 10:58:48 PM »
In hindsight, maybe. But if we'd have let him go endless amounts of people would have called us weak and we'd of looked very bad and set a president for other want away stroppy sods.

I'm glad we kept him, as it meant QPR went down and we stayed looking strong. Big picture, that's going to be worth more than the £2mill or so this ep has cost us.

No not just in hindsight. I don't think he ever really saw us as anything other than a steping stone to something else which never came.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2673 on: June 27, 2013, 11:10:04 PM »
He would be a great signing for hull or crystal palace, I would sell for £2million
Baggie Terra

mannimc

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2674 on: June 28, 2013, 12:51:06 AM »
Does anyone else get the impression that he might just stay and be our first choice centre forward next season?

Is he better than Di Santo, Carlton Cole and Kone?????? More proven and more prolific?

If we go abroad and make this marque signing that we are all convinced might happen will Bony or mbukini score 15 goals in the prem!! I don't know.

Peter you can go to Palace or hull and best. The water is dirty at the moment but we welcomed Hughes back a greedy local boy who sold us out for Coventry. Sometimes the answer to your problems stand right in front of you.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:59:37 AM by B_H_Baggie »