Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 640666 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #2225 on: January 31, 2013, 11:38:07 PM »
The biggest thing for me tonight is JP making it clear WBA FC do not do any transfers unless we are 100% happy with them , we will not be rolled over.Long term this will benefit us no end.
As for Pete I've no doubt the club will give him a break and some "help" now. ::)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2226 on: January 31, 2013, 11:39:13 PM »
I also laugh at his agent who is probably the route cause and well out of pocket :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2227 on: January 31, 2013, 11:41:44 PM »
Dear oh dear Peter. At least we can look back and say we did things the right way. Peace was never going to roll over and good on him for that.

Something does tell me things were going on in the background that we might of not heard the last of. We know Pete can't keep his mouth shut and it wouldn't surprise me if he came out and says QPR did talk to him at somepoint.

Just looking at Redknapp in his 'post deadline day' interview he didn't look happy. Was he unhappy with Fernandes not paying the money or about what might of gone on that could get QPR into trouble with the authorities.

Apparently the club are seeking legal advice.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2228 on: January 31, 2013, 11:42:10 PM »
I'm also proud of our club for standing firm. At the end of the day, if ANY of us believed that we could earn substantially more at another club, we would ALL want to explore every avenue to ensure our future's as secure as possible. However, PO has completely and utterly shown himself up. He as shown a complete disregard for the club and fans, an amateurish petulance that has exposed him to be lacking in most if not all of the dignifying qualities that are needed for compromise, negotiation and understanding. PO and his amature 'two bob bit' entourage have completely embarrassed themselves. 'Flies round pooh' springs to mind.......Surely any agent possesing even the very lowest of qualities, would not allow his client to drive down to QPR, only to stand outside like a spare prick at a party!! We'll still get 3 mil plus in the summer.......lets enjoy watching him remove his head from his backside.

Well done WBA!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:59:34 PM by sconesy »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2229 on: January 31, 2013, 11:42:53 PM »
The blokes got no chance now.  No doubt Garlick is consulting lawyers looking at ways to hammer Pete.

I will be disgusted with the club if he ever pulls on the shirt again.

Yeah, we can't just pay PO millions after this little stunt can we? I feel a little sorry for him but he brought this on himself. I wish he could mend the bridges and get back on the pitch scoring goals for us, but how can that ever happen, the club will never in a million years trust him again never mind the fans opinion. The twitter rant was one thing but today, entering a fairy world where he already was a QPR player? Bizarre.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2230 on: January 31, 2013, 11:43:58 PM »
Hard to see a way he can play for us again now. I think a loan deal to a team like Middlesbrough might be an idea at this stage as it would at least free up wages. I feel sorry for the club in the Odemwingie case as it was not a very easy situation to navigate when he is being this childish and unprofessional.

It's just a shame we did not do something to replace him.
Boing Boing

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2231 on: January 31, 2013, 11:44:27 PM »
Not sure where this leaves any of us. Pete has really messed this up and not sure this situation can be resurrected! Think Pete may have to look abroad and tout himself around now with transfer windows in Russia, Ukraine etc still open.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2232 on: January 31, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »
What an absolute farce. The bloke pisses off to London without permission from WBA, turns up at Loftus Road giving it the biggun with thier fans outside the ground without actually being told he was being sold by WBA only for QPR to turn round and say eeerrrrrr Sorry Pete, we aint signing you, you need to p*** off quick or we'll be in the s**** !!!

What an utter tool.

Shame he didnt end up going there as QPR and this utter tool obviously belong together. Both utterly deluded in their own estimation of their position in football.................ie, NOWHERE !!

SEND THIS BLOKE TO COVENTRY ( METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING AS I'm not even sure they'd want him ) as I dont ever want to see his face anywhere near the Hawthorns EVER AGAIN.

KNO***EAD
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:50:00 PM by Baggies »
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2233 on: January 31, 2013, 11:47:01 PM »
I agree with the above sentiments. We've sent out a message tonight that we will not give in to bully-boy tactics by clubs with mega-bucks. Yes, we may have to pay Pete's wages until the summer (when hopefully we can get a decent fee for him) but in the long run, over a number of years it will mean that if clubs want to sign any of our players they will be more likely to go about it in the correct manner with acceptable bids instead of tapping up and expecting us to give in. As for the wages we'll be paying him until the summer, just imagine he picked up an injury in training tomorrow which puts him out for several months. We'd just think it's unlucky and not really think about the wages. Importantly, it will discourage any of our other players from trying similar tactics to engineer a move out of the club. Opinion will be divided somewhat, but I believe Peace has done the right thing here.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2234 on: January 31, 2013, 11:47:52 PM »
Not sure where this leaves any of us. Pete has really messed this up and not sure this situation can be resurrected! Think Pete may have to look abroad and tout himself around now with transfer windows in Russia, Ukraine etc still open.

But the club will probably sue Pete for losses incurred by his actions etc/or something legalese... The club made it clear it never wanted to sell him from the start.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2235 on: January 31, 2013, 11:50:05 PM »
Dear oh dear Peter. At least we can look back and say we did things the right way. Peace was never going to roll over and good on him for that.

Something does tell me things were going on in the background that we might of not heard the last of. We know Pete can't keep his mouth shut and it wouldn't surprise me if he came out and says QPR did talk to him at somepoint.

Just looking at Redknapp in his 'post deadline day' interview he didn't look happy. Was he unhappy with Fernandes not paying the money or about what might of gone on that could get QPR into trouble with the authorities.

Apparently the club are seeking legal advice.

Yeah, if the club puts the pressure on Pete he will squeal like a pig to get out of it. Who knows what might come out of that.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2236 on: January 31, 2013, 11:50:41 PM »
Lets just hope the club fine him every time he steps even slightly out of place.

With what Brunt said this morning, and that was public, imagine how bad it's going to be in the dressing room!!! hahahaha

"Whos going to drive you home" haha  :P

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2237 on: January 31, 2013, 11:53:18 PM »
There is no way he can play for us again and in-fact I'll be pretty disgusted if he does to be honest. His actions tonight were indefensible and has summed up his attitude within the last few days. He has been given time off recently to look after his wife and son, yet on his own accord he decides to drive off to London and try and force through a transfer. That's bad enough.

And as for those which want him to stay, then why? What about the effect it shall have on the atmosphere on matchdays and most importantly his team mates? The sooner we can get rid of him the better. He has proved he is a poisonous character and therefore he should be nowhere near the squad.

I'm happy with the way we've dealt with the situation as it has proved that we shall not be bullied by clubs with bigger resources and their antics and ultimately that player power shall count for very little. The downside to the situation is that we have a player on our books that doesn't want to be here.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2238 on: January 31, 2013, 11:55:32 PM »
The blokes got no chance now.  No doubt Garlick is consulting lawyers looking at ways to hammer Pete.

I will be disgusted with the club if he ever pulls on the shirt again.

Not much chance of that Kris, I guess he  burnt the last bridge when he gave the Sky interview on the doorsteps of Loftus Road. He has chosen a treacherous road, now he has to walk it!! JP is within his right to issue a lawsuite for breach of contract or send him on a nice little loan deal to Siberia.
He has gone too far to offer a grovelling apology - You purport Christianity Pete,however you are a very poor witness.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2239 on: January 31, 2013, 11:56:52 PM »
PETER ODEMWINGIE. To get home tonight it's M25, M1, M6, over the burnt bridge, then perform a humiliating U turn.

wdbroun

« Reply #2240 on: January 31, 2013, 11:58:22 PM »
Still waiting for the "checking into the Priory" moment. Tomorrow? Next week?

Could solve a lot of problems and allow Pete to rehab his rep. And honestly, it may actually help him.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2241 on: February 01, 2013, 12:06:16 AM »
 :D Sorry Pete...but you have been involved with the biggest crook in football...who has tapped you up, promised you a move...and you have "dumped" on the people who pay your wages and the Fans who cared about you...and are forgiving!!

You have no future here......hope you can find a game with Hartlepool or Grimbsy (no disrespect to these clubs)....thanks for the memories, which will soon be forgotten.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2242 on: February 01, 2013, 12:06:42 AM »
Oh well im off to bed, goodnight all and sleep well Pete
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2243 on: February 01, 2013, 12:11:35 AM »
I'm gutted this didn't get done. I have been a fan of pete but I'm not a fan of any player who does not want to be here.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2244 on: February 01, 2013, 12:12:59 AM »
:D Sorry Pete...but you have been involved with the biggest crook in football...who has tapped you up, promised you a move...and you have "dumped" on the people who pay your wages and the Fans who cared about you...and are forgiving!!

You have no future here......hope you can find a game with Hartlepool or Grimbsy (no disrespect to these clubs)....thanks for the memories, which will soon be forgotten.

I feel sorry for him tbh. He had a nice career playing football and was extremely well paid, new family and everything was in place and he could have lived happily ever after... Then he goes and makes an utter tool of himself out of pure greed and hubris. On top of that, as you say, he had the amazingly poor judgement to trust Dodgy Harry the used car salesman...

The old Greeks were correct. Hubris is the worst sin. "I get what I want".

Hubris (pron.: /?hju?br?s/), also hybris, from ancient Greek, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:19:42 AM by GrGr »

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2245 on: February 01, 2013, 12:22:52 AM »
Some people are obviously proud of the club but, to my mind., there's nothing good about this parasite still being at Albion after everything that's happened. We'll just have to wait and see what the impact of his toxicity is, but there's no way that he should play for us again and any apologies will hopefully be regarded by everyone for what they are - lies.

There's nothing to rejoice about here - we won't get anything like as much as they were offering in the summer, if indeed anyone else wants to sign him at all after this, and we'll have to continue to pay him for nothing in the meantime.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2246 on: February 01, 2013, 12:27:34 AM »
 :P :D peace will have a field day with qpr and greedywingie, rangers will be done for tapping up one of our players nice fine and points deduction. Winger will be doct a couple of months wages, tweet that you twonk. If we have the points we should play weakened teams against teams around them nobs and see them relegated will tweet twitcher that

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2247 on: February 01, 2013, 12:30:45 AM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/no-deadline-day-move-for-peter-632183.aspx

ALBION can confirm that no agreement was reached with QPR over the transfer of Peter Odemwingie before the closure of the January window and that the striker remains under contract at The Hawthorns.

The Club were extremely disappointed to witness TV footage of Odemwingie arriving at Loftus Road on Thursday evening despite further talks between the two Barclays Premier League sides proving fruitless. Odemwingie was also never given permission to speak to QPR about a potential move.

Chairman Jeremy Peace said: “This evening’s developments have brought a conclusion to what has been an unsavoury affair.

“As our Sporting & Technical Director (designate) Richard Garlick has repeatedly said in recent days, we had no need or desire to sell our core players.

“The only way we would have considered letting Peter leave was if an acceptable offer was forthcoming and if we had found a suitable replacement at relatively short notice.

“Neither materialised and, in the end, the matter became a point of principle as much as anything.

“Peter has acted wholly unprofessionally. He must now accept the fact he remains under contract for a further 18 months and has to focus on his Albion commitments.”

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2248 on: February 01, 2013, 12:34:15 AM »
Interesting to note Peace mention it had "became a point of principle". Shows we wanted to make a strong stance against the players actions and a message to other clubs that we will not fold.

The only real positive we can take from today, and in fact this entire window.
Boing Boing

albiondean

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2249 on: February 01, 2013, 12:34:29 AM »
The first 10 mins is about Odemwingie.

Watch or Download

http://www.mixturecloud.com/media/4rmNy3k1

With the football transfer window having come to a close once again until the end of the season, Dan Walker is joined by experts including Robbie Savage to summarise the latest signings, and assess whether they will prove prudent. Despite the fact many of the Premier League clubs conducted some of their business earlier this month, the final day is renowned for providing a few shock moves that provide fans with excitement.

Video Codec....: XviD
Frame.Rate.....: 25 FPS
Resolution.......: 720x400
Aspect.Ratio....: 16.9
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:59:05 AM by albiondean »