Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637308 times)

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #2200 on: January 31, 2013, 10:20:28 PM »
On the contrary I'd be delighted if he were to stay.

I can only presume so you can watch him rot in the reserves? Because there's no way he'll be playing for us again. And rightly so.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2201 on: January 31, 2013, 10:21:47 PM »
I hope the farcical situation surrounding Odemwhinger hasn't diverted JP away from any potential signings.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2202 on: January 31, 2013, 10:25:15 PM »
If he does stay he needs to play at least once at home just so we can tell him what we think of him

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2203 on: January 31, 2013, 10:28:38 PM »
If he does stay he needs to play at least once at home just so we can tell him what we think of him

Was just thinking that. Or just have him has an unused sub, the boos when his name is read out will be deafening.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2204 on: January 31, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »
Breaking News: Peter Odemwingie seen in QPR club shop with crate of Guinness buying full kit.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #2205 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »
"Odemwingie woooahhh, Odemwingie woooahhh, he drove to QPR, they left him in his car"

The whole situation has left me baffled, bet its making good viewing for people watching sky sports news though!
Smethwick..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2206 on: January 31, 2013, 10:52:06 PM »
Harry just confirmed its not happening
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2207 on: January 31, 2013, 10:54:34 PM »
Dear o dear :-) let tamas on him in training i say

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2208 on: January 31, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »
JP never gets pushed over does he ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2209 on: January 31, 2013, 11:02:39 PM »
Looking forward to his next set of tweets...

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2210 on: January 31, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »
JP never gets pushed over does he ?

Aye, can't believe PO thought behaving like a 5 yo wanting goodies would make the slightest difference to JP. But the real villain in this little drama is Harry washing his hands from the whole deal 'it wasn't our doing' my butt. 

Wonder what PO thinks of Harry now?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:09:29 PM by GrGr »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2211 on: January 31, 2013, 11:09:09 PM »
What a plank
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2212 on: January 31, 2013, 11:10:33 PM »
Why do sky keep saying Odemwingie thought a bid had been accepted when he clearly says in his interview " it's not been sorted yet but I hope west brom like what there offering"

What the hell was he thinking????

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2213 on: January 31, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »
Wander if Pete will claim petrol allowance for the journey to Loftus? Hope he replies to my tweet.

How loud will the boos be on Sunday? Hopefully LOUD.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2214 on: January 31, 2013, 11:17:27 PM »
Aye, can't believe PO thought behaving like a 5 yo wanting goodies would make the slightest difference to JP. But the real villain in this little drama is Harry washing his hands from the whole deal 'it wasn't our doing' my butt.

As much of a bell that Arry is, he's not the real Villain. At the end of the day I doubt he asked Odemwingie to go mental, even if he did illegally approach him. Odemwingie is the biggest idiot here and his actions tonight are deplorable. If he hates it so much here let's put him out his misery and get the bolt gun.

Jonas, Gabriel and Goran will give him a free lobotomy in training tomorrow.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2215 on: January 31, 2013, 11:21:35 PM »
I just don't know what happens now , i could just about forgive the twitter stuff but to turn up at QPR and talk on camera and refer to QPR as "us".......im critical of Clarke at times but i feel for him tonight.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2216 on: January 31, 2013, 11:22:34 PM »
Proud of the club to be honest!

We have shown nobody bullies us, QPR and the scumbag have tried every trick in the book, from leaking their interest, discussing terms (he knew what he was getting so somebody spoke to him) his transfer request (every right too) but then his statement, his twitter, his actions today and yet Peter you fail to realise, you are dealing with JP, do the deal on his terms or no deal at all!

I think we have made a stance today, QPR have tried to flex their financial power, JP has basically gave them the middle finger, Redknapp had the nerve to say 'he felt sorry for the boy' that it didnt go through, how the hell can anybody have sympathy with the scumbag???!! He chose to go this route and tried to create a situation where he couldnt stay, tough Pete, time to face the music.

I think he is a poisonous individual and so want him nowhere near any of squads, first team, reserves or academy, they dont deserve to suffer the epitomy of the modern day football bully. I hope the club make him train alone at very inconvenient hours, maybe get him in 2 or 3 times a day, when nobody else is there and i hope they ruin him.

I dont buy all this mentally unstable stuff, he has done it at every club he has been at, including his national team and openly admitted this is about the 4th time he has wanted out when a bigger offer came, he isnt unstable he is a brat. If it comes out that he has mental health problems i would gladly apologise for those comments, but there is very little chance of that and the bloke is a complete tool.

Its been well reported the players havent been happy with his actions the last few days so i hope they kick the rubbish out of him tomorrow, somebody get on the phone to Gary Strodder, he would sort the runt out. (apologies to runts there, you are better than Odemwingie)

Would love QPR to go down, hate the way our club has been dragged into Redknapps media circus, fans i feel sorry for when they are left with his financial mess like Bournemouth, Southampton and Portsmouth were.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2217 on: January 31, 2013, 11:25:12 PM »
As much of a bell that Arry is, he's not the real Villain. At the end of the day I doubt he asked Odemwingie to go mental, even if he did illegally approach him. Odemwingie is the biggest idiot here and his actions tonight are deplorable. If he hates it so much here let's put him out his misery and get the bolt gun.

Jonas, Gabriel and Goran will give him a free lobotomy in training tomorrow.

Aye, I'm sure our players won't forget Pete talking about the R's as 'Us'...

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2218 on: January 31, 2013, 11:25:50 PM »
Peter should you feel a bit peckish on the way home might i suggest the steak & kidney pie and chips at Newport Pagnell services. Not too bad for motorway fodder but a bit pricey. I feel a bit for the bloke unlike just about everyone. I dont think this is just about money. He already has plenty unless he is hiding an addiction or something. Clearly he is a troubled individual. Not defending his handling of this sorry affair but I cant help thinking there is some human story in the background here. Then again i suppose he could just be a total mercenary........a very unsavoury affair

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2219 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »
The blokes got no chance now.  No doubt Garlick is consulting lawyers looking at ways to hammer Pete.

I will be disgusted with the club if he ever pulls on the shirt again.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2220 on: January 31, 2013, 11:29:55 PM »
Hey, I just drove here,
And this is crazy,
I'm in your car-park,
So sign me maybe?

Twitter is fantastic I've decided.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2221 on: January 31, 2013, 11:30:35 PM »
The blokes got no chance now.  No doubt Garlick is consulting lawyers looking at ways to hammer Pete.

I will be disgusted with the club if he ever pulls on the shirt again.
Was Garlick not a sports lawyer himself?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2222 on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
Peter should you feel a bit peckish on the way home might i suggest the steak & kidney pie and chips at Newport Pagnell services. Not too bad for motorway fodder but a bit pricey. I feel a bit for the bloke unlike just about everyone. I dont think this is just about money. He already has plenty unless he is hiding an addiction or something. Clearly he is a troubled individual. Not defending his handling of this sorry affair but I cant help thinking there is some human story in the background here. Then again i suppose he could just be a total mercenary........a very unsavoury affair
That is a understatement
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2223 on: January 31, 2013, 11:32:21 PM »

If it was a one off out of character then you could have some sympathy but given he's had issues elsewhere throughout his career then he gets none from me to be honest.

Bad advice, stinks of tapping up but ultimately comes down to the player.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2224 on: January 31, 2013, 11:34:40 PM »
I think JP has done the club proud. This has shown that West Brom  will  not be pushed into a deal that wasn't good for the club. If he had of caved in to QPR then the message would have gone out that any WBA player is up for grabs. Ok we might have had £3m in the bank, but we want our capital on the pitch. At least with PO still at the club, there's always the chance that he can make a come back. Once he's gone without a replacement, then it is a squad minus one.

I also think despite Harry's Mr Honesty image, there's something very dodgy about QPR's role in the whole saga. I can't believe this was just all down to PO.  QPR were still giving the strong come on when they had been denied permission to speak to PO.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure