Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637350 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #2025 on: January 30, 2013, 11:13:36 AM »

QPR have resurrected the deal to sign Peter Odemwingie – and the consequence is they have told DJ Campbell he is free to leave.

Boss Harry Redknapp rates the born-and-bred west Londoner. But Rangers are confident they can finally land Odemwingie from West Brom before the transfer window closes tomorrow night (Thursday) at 11pm.

Campbell rejected terms offered by Hull City 48 hours ago, but yesterday two more unknown Championship clubs made soundings for the 31-year-old striker who is out of contract in the summer.

Rangers are ready to tweak a second £2m offer for Odemwingie, who made it plain through Twitter he was determined to leave The Hawthorns and throw his lot in with the club battling to avoid the Premier League drop

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2013/01/30/82029-32709701/#ixzz2JSLkOeGN
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2026 on: January 30, 2013, 11:14:18 AM »
What are the odds Villa sell Bent to Stoke for £10 million or so then turn around and buy PO from us for that money... Keeping them up, just about... :P

Fair point GrGr but I'm not bothered one way our the other were he ends up as long has he NEVER WEAR's A ALBION SHIRT EVER AGAIN

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2027 on: January 30, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »
For me, we keep him and let him take all the abuse in the world until the summer when we offload him to the middle east. I couldn't care less about him now.

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2028 on: January 30, 2013, 11:28:13 AM »
Quote from: TheJacko2000 on Yesterday at 11:04:01 PM
Yet Clarke nor the players seem all that concerned about this apparent disrespect?

i can assure you they are mate
How do you know??
Don't call me Walt

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2030 on: January 30, 2013, 12:04:43 PM »
How do you know??

having seen other people shot down let's just say i know for now mate not getting anyone in trouble (yes i know what will be said but i can live with that, it's not like i post rumours ever unless i know it's fact)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2031 on: January 30, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »

Ben1983

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2032 on: January 30, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »
Twitch is going after Crouch now, perhaps PO may remain!
WestBrom.com FC Number 10

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2033 on: January 30, 2013, 03:21:20 PM »
Twitch is going after Crouch now, perhaps PO may remain!

Oh joy! Any abuse he gets is justified and his own fault.

Not sure why it's not been mentioned but Odemwingie has been making noises about moving for the last few windows, why wouldn't he have put in some release clause on his contract? We were willing to let Jonas have one?

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2034 on: January 30, 2013, 03:55:10 PM »
Rumours on the twitter is that Sunderland have put a bid in of £4.5 million for Odemwingie.

I think IF it is true we should snatch their hands off!

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2035 on: January 30, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »
Rumours on the twitter is that Sunderland have put a bid in of £4.5 million for Odemwingie.

That would be interesting on the 23 Feb when we play them at the shrine
I drink to forget but I don't forget to drink

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2036 on: January 30, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »

Eh, no we shouldn't. Not enough value for us to strengthen a direct rival for relative peanuts. We should be looking for close to double that. Let's hope for a bidding war and open checkbooks come Thursday evening.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2037 on: January 30, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
Eh, no we shouldn't. Not enough value for us to strengthen a direct rival for relative peanuts. We should be looking for close to double that. Let's hope for a bidding war and open checkbooks come Thursday evening.

There's no way someone will give us £9m but I'd rather see him go to Sunderland and urine 'Arry off.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2038 on: January 30, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »
There's no way someone will give us £9m but I'd rather see him go to Sunderland and pee 'Arry off.

Exactly!

However, if anyone has a history of over spending for players it O'Neil!  :D

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2039 on: January 30, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »
There's no way someone will give us £9m but I'd rather see him go to Sunderland and pee 'Arry off.

Not nine but def more than 6 million (Zamora price) so say around 7+. If they bid 4.5 now there's still a bit overhead to fill and another 2.5 is not much for clubs like them. If we sell PO for less than Fulham got for Zamora I will be very disappointed and see it is an outright defeat for JP.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:56:22 PM by GrGr »

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2040 on: January 30, 2013, 04:58:13 PM »

Odemwingies not worth 9 million id say take no less then 5 myself.

He is coming 32 (maybe already is)has less then a year and a half left on his contract, has a bad attitude and has a reputation for being a abit of a bad apple.

4-5 million sounds good to me

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2041 on: January 30, 2013, 04:59:44 PM »

If we give him away for 4.5 million we might as well give him to Reading. We could barely by a decent championship winger for 4.5 million, can't see the point in letting PO go for that.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2042 on: January 30, 2013, 05:00:25 PM »
Not nine but def more than 6 million (Zamora price) so say around 7+. If they bid 4.5 now there's still a bit overhead to fill and another 2.5 is not much for clubs like them. If we sell PO for less than Fulham got for Zamora I will be very disappointed and see it is an outright defeat for JP.

But clubs know we're in a tricky position.  We either sell or have a sulking Pete on our hands.  (And if Pete decided to knuckle down and play well the crowd won't give him a minute's rest - they were already overly critical and that's before this saga).

Considering all that the only way the price will go up is if it turns into a bidding war between a coupe of clubs.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2043 on: January 30, 2013, 05:00:36 PM »

He is coming 32 (maybe already is)has less then a year and a half left on his contract, has a bad attitude and has a reputation for being a abit of a bad apple.

If true, snatch Sunderlands hand off! Bad egg, nasty smell!
Baggie in Southampton

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2044 on: January 30, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »

We should not sell him for less than £7.5m and if old Arry or O'neil want him thats the price.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2045 on: January 30, 2013, 05:05:02 PM »
Can't believe people are prepared to accept the first bid coming our way with more than a day to go of the window. QPR will come in with 5, Sunderland 5.5, Reading says 6, Sunderland 6.5, Reading 7 and Harry storms in with 8 million. Case closed.  ;D

Ben1983

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2046 on: January 30, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »
His recent behaviour suggests that he will be gone.

If QPR aren't prepared to pay for him, his agent will be calling every other club going as theres no way back for PO here!
WestBrom.com FC Number 10

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2047 on: January 30, 2013, 05:12:14 PM »
We should not sell him for less than £7.5m and if old Arry or O'neil want him thats the price.

Indeed, if we can't milk Dodgy Arry and Agent O'Neil for more than a measly £4.5 million for PO (remember Ellington?) we might as well close shop.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2048 on: January 30, 2013, 05:22:11 PM »
Given his public meltdown who would really pay over the odds other than desperate QPR ? , we may get calls about lower bids or loan deals but after his weekend show would you lump up big on him ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Andzy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2049 on: January 30, 2013, 05:23:49 PM »
And yet another January the club will make a profit on player sales. If/when PO is sold that means we will have taken depending on what we sell him for we could be up by around 7-9 million with the other outs and with EL G now gone and Gera out for the rest of the season.
We really need some fresh faces to lift the team.
Im sorry to rant but this window just seems another waste where we could have pushed on and succured a good place in the league maybe pushed for europe.
But now what we will have is a gaping hole to fill in the summer instead of intergrating some players into the team now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:26:26 PM by Andzy »