Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637348 times)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1700 on: January 27, 2013, 10:16:22 PM »
Pete can delete all those tweets if he wants. The Birmingham mail has them all logged
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-bromwich-albion-striker-peter-1245995

Was talking about this today - once he's sent them online then there is a record - he's effectively published those views and opinions so must stand by them.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #1701 on: January 27, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »
Can't wait for him to leave. Never want to see him put our shirt on again. And to think I've seen people trying to stick up and defend him on here and twitter is just as shocking!

I guess your looking forward to seeing Markus Rosenberg take his place ?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:26:39 PM by the rainbow turn east »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1702 on: January 27, 2013, 10:22:08 PM »
Was talking about this today - once he's sent them online then there is a record - he's effectively published those views and opinions so must stand by them.

Heh, I bet he has had it around the ears about those tweets from anyone 'sane' around him, including his wife (if she has any sense). Must have felt great for him in his inflated ego bubble writing those tweets, not so sure how he feels once reality sets in and he realizes the consequences.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1703 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »
Heh, I bet he has had it around the ears about those tweets from anyone 'sane' around him, including his wife (if she has any sense). Must have felt great for him in his inflated ego bubble writing those tweets, not so sure how he feels once reality sets in and he realizes the consequences.
rs not so.
I think the bizarre situation will be sorted out in JPs office tomorrow.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1704 on: January 27, 2013, 10:32:40 PM »

If it wasnt for Odemwingie then we wouldnt even still be in the Premier League,
I wish these Albion fans would get a life and stop slagging him.
Everyone knows footballers are not the brightest sparks and I bet most of them cant even wipe
their own arses.
Iam almost 100% sure that by tomorrow we`ll see another statement saying how sorry he is
and that he cant wait for the Everton game.

Maybe not for the Everton game but the game after most likely. For myself I believe PO needs a reality check and a slap by reality to wake up from his ego coma, for his own good. I feel mostly sorry for him tbh, I think he has personal problems unrelated to football. It's sad to see someone who could be loved and appreciated and have a stable and healthy working relationship with the club and fans succumb to personal insecurities and greed. It's not as if he is starving and in desperate need for more money. By any reasonable measure he has more than enough as it is but no, he is so greedy and insecure he pisses on thousands of people who only want to support him and wish him every success and on his employers who like wise wish him to succeed and have a brilliant career for the club.   

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1705 on: January 27, 2013, 10:45:53 PM »
rs not so.
I think the bizarre situation will be sorted out in JPs office tomorrow.

Hehe, I'd like to see a video of THAT conversation on the stupid official site  ;D Would make a nice contrast to the usual suuuuuuuuper sweeeeet positive bullpoo we are force fed by the club.   

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1706 on: January 27, 2013, 10:49:09 PM »
after initial anger towards him i now feel theres still a chance he could have a future here, look at how man city turned it around with tevez. As long as Odemwingie nows he needs to do a lot to win us back in the way he thrives off.

I now, after aying i didnt wanna see him in a shirt again, hoping that something can be worked out, and i'm also wondering if he's mentally stable!

At the end of the day he is arguably the most talented player on our books, and i said last week he's gotta play up front, if we're paying him, he should start, and ill support him if i can see he's putting the effort in.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1707 on: January 27, 2013, 10:55:35 PM »
Hehe, I'd like to see a video of THAT conversation on the stupid official site  ;D Would make a nice contrast to the usual suuuuuuuuper sweeeeet positive bullpoo we are force fed by the club.

Damn right JP will sort this. A video of Jeremy Peace staring at Pete in silence until he deletes his twitter, apologises to every season ticket holder in person, and volunteers to let Jonas and Gareth kick him senseless? I'd pay the Albion World subscription for that.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1708 on: January 27, 2013, 10:56:07 PM »
after initial anger towards him i now feel theres still a chance he could have a future here, look at how man city turned it around with tevez. As long as Odemwingie nows he needs to do a lot to win us back in the way he thrives off.

I now, after aying i didnt wanna see him in a shirt again, hoping that something can be worked out, and i'm also wondering if he's mentally stable!

At the end of the day he is arguably the most talented player on our books, and i said last week he's gotta play up front, if we're paying him, he should start, and ill support him if i can see he's putting the effort in.

I dont know what your thinking, he's a goner. No way back, finished, kaput, over, position untenable.
JP wont let him get away with it. PO is history.
Weve had this rubbish off him every transfer window.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1709 on: January 27, 2013, 11:05:23 PM »
I still maintain the reaction to all of this is too focussed on both the moral and financial aspects. I saw a chink in his external veneer with a post he has made this evening. Peter hasnt commited a crime here rather just spoken out and expressed unhappiness at certain things either real or symptomatic of wider issues. His only mistake is that it might have perhaps been better if he had spoken to his employers first.
He is a human being with imperfections like all of us. I think the fact that he can express his feelings is healthy and shouldnt be frowned upon. If he is a man of integrity then he should rightly apologise to his employers for his lack of consideration and hopefully the club will accept that and try to offer support to resolve the issues. As a supporter I will continue to get behind him because as far as I can see he has always tried to give his best on the pitch. Wonder if social media wasnt around whether this would have become the issue it now appears?

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1710 on: January 27, 2013, 11:55:49 PM »
I'm not sure what will happen. Having kept up with and read the comments on here, I can see different points of view.

I can't see JP letting him get off lightly with this, but after all, the end of the window is only a few days away, so will a late deal be met with another club? After this, I'm not so sure. I guess there's a possibility of him being loaned out until the end of the season.

Has he burned his bridges? I think he has, but no doubt if he publicly apologizes I'm sure the majority will be back to brown nosing him again.

I just can't understand his logic. If Man U, Man city, Arsenal etc were fighting over him, I guess you could expect the odd bit of self-praise, but no one wants him (certainly not a 'big' team) and that's why he has remained at WBA for so long. He's a decent PL player, playing for a decent PL team, but he isn't a world class player.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1711 on: January 28, 2013, 12:17:43 AM »
Peter is a world class player, if he was 2 years younger and if he didn't have issues, he'd be off. I didn't really understand why Roy was so irritated with Pete, since we're never given the full story, but now I understand (the truth will out anyway sooner or later).

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1712 on: January 28, 2013, 12:20:01 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9830433/Queens-Park-Rangers-are-preparing-an-improved-3.25m-bid-for-West-Bromwich-Albions-Peter-Odemwingie.html

If this is to be believed, QPR are upping their bid to £3.25m. )Should be at close to £5m by Thursday!).   QPR have also said Mackie can go for an estimated £3m, with Norwich and Reading believed to be interested.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1713 on: January 28, 2013, 12:25:35 AM »
So QPR value PO the same as Mackie, who they are prepared to let go? Ridiculous.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1714 on: January 28, 2013, 12:29:20 AM »
So QPR value PO the same as Mackie, who they are prepared to let go? Ridiculous.

Indeed - it doesn't stake up.  £5m is the minimum we should accept.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1715 on: January 28, 2013, 12:39:21 AM »
Indeed - it doesn't stake up.  £5m is the minimum we should accept.

Not in January, and especially not to a desperate tin pot club that is wetting all over us. I'd demand the same price they payed for Zamora last year (£6 million) + plus 2 million if they survive, minimum, even that feels cheap. 

wdbroun

« Reply #1716 on: January 28, 2013, 12:54:19 AM »
Pete can delete all those tweets if he wants. The Birmingham mail has them all logged
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-bromwich-albion-striker-peter-1245995
Holy rubbish. Another Twerp bites the dust.

If there's one lesson to be learned from all this, it's that when you're stressed out, drunk on Guinness, breaking up with someone, or a footballer named Peter Odemwingie, you should stay the **** off Twitter.

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1717 on: January 28, 2013, 02:01:47 AM »

Not really but Pete moans because hes played out of position. Rosenberg hardly gets on the pitch yet he doesnt bitch about it
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1718 on: January 28, 2013, 04:19:24 AM »
Not really but Pete moans because hes played out of position. Rosenberg hardly gets on the pitch yet he doesnt bitch about it

How do you know?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1719 on: January 28, 2013, 04:49:24 AM »
How do you know?

If he does he doesn't do it publicly. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things, I'm just surprised that some have stuck up for Odemwingie after his twitter outbursts.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:51:31 AM by B_H_Baggie »

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1720 on: January 28, 2013, 05:18:23 AM »

Some people take an awful lot to be offended.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1721 on: January 28, 2013, 05:59:43 AM »
If he does he doesn't do it publicly. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things, I'm just surprised that some have stuck up for Odemwingie after his twitter outbursts.

I think a couple of us have been able to distance ourselves from "planet Albion" to be fair, he has not said anything against the fans in my opinion, and it's nice to have interaction with top level players even if it isn't what we want to hear. I think Odemwingie has got "a bit in the bank" with us fans (or should have) for the way the team have performed since his arrival. I am certain we'd have gone down in 10/11 without him and possibly even last season too.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1722 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:46 AM »
How do you know?
Thats exactly the point if he isn't happy with the situation at least its kept in house.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1723 on: January 28, 2013, 07:52:01 AM »
I find it impossible to generate any venom towards the man - I can't even think of the right words for him... childish? a buffoon?  sociopathic?  self-deluding?  Whatever.  Cheerio Pete, and thanks for the goals.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1724 on: January 28, 2013, 07:55:57 AM »

Totally agree, outrageous comparesson
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties