Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637341 times)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1550 on: January 27, 2013, 11:29:51 AM »
http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/8446027/Transfer-News-Alan-Pardew-says-Newcastle-had-no-chance-of-signing-Wilfried-Zaha

PARDEW DEFENDS TRANSFER POLICY
Alan Pardew has defended his policy of signing players from France after admitting Newcastle United had 'no chance' of winning the race for Wilfried Zaha.

Newcastle have been busy plundering Ligue 1 for fresh faces this month, with Mathieu Debuchy, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Yoan Gouffran, Massadio Haidara and Moussa Sissoko having all arrived at St James' Park.

Pardew believes there is better value to be found on the continent after previously being interested in Zaha, who has agreed to join Manchester United from Crystal Palace in a deal worth up to a reported £15million.

"There is slightly more value in the French market," said Pardew. "Obviously, we have exploited that.

"Zaha is a typical example of trying to take a young player out of the Championship. I like Zaha. I wanted to take him but, seriously, we had no chance. We just can't pay that.

"We got four players for that. It suited our needs better to strengthen several positions for that sort of money.

"It was a case of getting the players that were right for us at the price that was right for us.

"We wanted players who had ambition in them, not just for six months but for the future. None of them was a knee-jerk reaction, otherwise we would have bought a 31-year-old from a squad in the Premier League.

"We bought players to take us forward. We are happy with the business we have done."

Guess which knee-jerk 31 year old...

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1552 on: January 27, 2013, 11:31:43 AM »
QPR will most likely try to get away with a late offer now which will inevitably be below what we're looking for. Factors we'll need to consider are:

- whether or not we want a parasitic influence at the club for the rest of the end of the season.
- whether or not we want to continue paying him £40k a week, potentially for some time if no-one comes in for him in the summer.
- what he'll be worth during the summer, especially now his pathetic outbursts have occurred.

It's hard not to conclude that what Odemwingie has done over the past few days has not only probably diminshed the wage level a new club might offer him, but also reduced the transfer fee that clubs might be willing to pay for him. Therefore, I can see him going for £3 - 3.5m, perhaps with an add-on to be paid if QPR stay up.

A difficult decision lies ahead for Mr Peace, I suspect.

The other option of course is a loan deal.

Difficult decision for the club.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1553 on: January 27, 2013, 11:35:53 AM »
QPR will most likely try to get away with a late offer now which will inevitably be below what we're looking for. Factors we'll need to consider are:

- whether or not we want a parasitic influence at the club for the rest of the end of the season.
- whether or not we want to continue paying him £40k a week, potentially for some time if no-one comes in for him in the summer.
- what he'll be worth during the summer, especially now his pathetic outbursts have occurred.

It's hard not to conclude that what Odemwingie has done over the past few days has not only probably diminshed the wage level a new club might offer him, but also reduced the transfer fee that clubs might be willing to pay for him. Therefore, I can see him going for £3 - 3.5m, perhaps with an add-on to be paid if QPR stay up.

I can't see JP caving in to emotional black mail of this kind. JP will keep a cool head as always and stay out of PO's deranged mind and get on with the business side of things. If PO acts up and refuses to play, behaves like a urine ant etc we will just fine him until he begs for mercy like Tevez did.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1554 on: January 27, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »
Seems the QPR fans are having doubts with one nick naming him Pete Odemwonga.  ;D

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1555 on: January 27, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »

No decision to make really, the guy has virtually sacked himself, move him on to a club desperate for goals and someone feckless with other peoples money, someone like 'Arry.
Baggie in Southampton

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1556 on: January 27, 2013, 11:43:55 AM »
If a player behaves in such a way that he severely reduces his transfer value, then the club could sue him.  Chelsea did this with Mutu when they had to sack him over his drug habits, and he ended up bankrupt as a result.  Man City could have ultimately done the same to Tevez if he had not come back.   QPR and Newcastle likewise had that option with Barton.

Of course the majority of situations get resolved, but I would totally support JP if he took a really tough stance with Odemwingie to remind him of the obligations of a signed contract.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1557 on: January 27, 2013, 11:44:33 AM »
I can't see us "reward" QPR's under hand tactics by selling PO to them on the cheap. No way. PO will go in the summer.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1558 on: January 27, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
If a player behaves in such a way that he severely reduces his transfer value, then the club could sue him.  Chelsea did this with Mutu when they had to sack him over his drug habits, and he ended up bankrupt as a result.  Man City could have ultimately done the same to Tevez if he had not come back.   QPR and Newcastle likewise had that option with Barton.

Of course the majority of situations get resolved, but I would totally support JP if he took a really tough stance with Odemwingie to remind him of the obligations of a signed contract.

It's the only sane option for me. This behaviour from PO is way out of line and the club needs to discipline him now. He will get a fine tomorrow most likely, and if things don't improve the club will hit him harder and harder until he understands.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1559 on: January 27, 2013, 11:49:24 AM »
I can't see us "reward" QPR's under hand tactics by selling PO to them on the cheap. No way. PO will go in the summer.

Except that we'll be wasting money on his wages in the meantime and his value in the summer will be much less.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1560 on: January 27, 2013, 11:51:06 AM »

This is the stance the club should take they tried it on with Ollson don't forget.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1561 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »
Except that we'll be wasting money on his wages in the meantime and his value in the summer will be much less.

The value will be the same as the QPR lowball offer and we already are paying PO's wages so the money is accounted for. Since we are not getting a replacement this window anyway it doesn't matter. Besides we will keep fining PO until he falls back in line so the club will actually earn a bit on this spectacle.

AlbionLegend

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1562 on: January 27, 2013, 12:00:23 PM »

Up yours too Peter!
I've got those West Bromwich Blues!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1563 on: January 27, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »
I totally understand him wanting a last big pay day for the security of his family but the way he has gone about it will blow up in his face i m afraid.
I fully expect the club to stand firm and not give into a last minute bargain for QPR.

Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1564 on: January 27, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »
I totally understand him wanting a last big pay day for the security of his family but the way he has gone about it will blow up in his face i m afraid.
I fully expect the club to stand firm and not give into a last minute bargain for QPR.

I'm hearing this a lot. Would he get the move if he didn't do this?

I don't think so.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1565 on: January 27, 2013, 12:05:41 PM »

QPR need proven Premiership performers, they will pay what JP wants, I'm sure of it. Interesting that in selling him to QPR, we may doom Villa.
Baggie in Southampton

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1566 on: January 27, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »
I kind of want him to be on the bench for the spurs game so that he can get a torrent of abuse!!

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1567 on: January 27, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »
Speaking to a couple of friends who support different clubs and they think Odemwingie is the right. The club made it clear to Odemwingie they were going to sell him in the summer and this would be his last season. Now looking at this from Peters point of view this would cause a massive problem as he'd have to relocate to a unknown location with a new born baby.
At first I thought money was his motivation now im not so sure, I think if Qpr offered him 45K as week he would have still gone.
The club wanted to you use him to get as much as they could for him in the summer and he's just told everybody that was the case. Now he's using facts to push through a move to a club who will actually appreciate what he can do. I think there is better ways he could have gone about it but footballers are selfish they only want what is best for them

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1568 on: January 27, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »
King Koren, yes i think he would of got a move whether he behaved the way he has or not. QPR meet asking Albions asking price, we accept, he goes, thats it.

He is messing with the wrong club if he thinks he can bully them into lower prices, personally i hope we just get shot of him but i expect JP will say to QPR pay the price or he will stay with us, simple. Its not about the Scumbag, its about every player has a price, if they match it, they get him.

I think we have shown in the past, Davies refused to play, probably thinking he would force a move, he didnt, we ended up getting 10m in total just by sitting tight which is way more than he was worth. Greening asked to leave, we said if somebody meets our price you can go, Fulham did and he went, just standard business deals, nobody needs to go the measures he has because if nobody comes in with another offer he is staying anyway for all his tantrums.

Also a general point, if Odemwingie has been so unhappy where was the transfer request January 1st? Surely you would want to let potential buyers know you were unhappy? Interesting all this unhappiness comes a few days after money bags QPR's interest?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:14:52 PM by Albion79 »

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1569 on: January 27, 2013, 12:13:28 PM »
Speaking to a couple of friends who support different clubs and they think Odemwingie is the right. The club made it clear to Odemwingie they were going to sell him in the summer and this would be his last season. Now looking at this from Peters point of view this would cause a massive problem as he'd have to relocate to a unknown location with a new born baby.
At first I thought money was his motivation now im not so sure, I think if Qpr offered him 45K as week he would have still gone.
The club wanted to you use him to get as much as they could for him in the summer and he's just told everybody that was the case. Now he's using facts to push through a move to a club who will actually appreciate what he can do. I think there is better ways he could have gone about it but footballers are selfish they only want what is best for them

That's all well and good but isn't he contracted until summer 2014?

So isn't he a little premature about his move?

Pete new the score from day one of his new contract. Pete is 100% in the wrong in this one.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1570 on: January 27, 2013, 12:20:18 PM »
I'm hearing this a lot. Would he get the move if he didn't do this?

I don't think so.

He would get the move if QPR offered a fee that we deem acceptable.

I honestly can't see how any blame can be on the club here, the only party in the wrong is Pete.

Moaning about short-term deal which is reportedly what HE wanted in the first place. Every window trying to get a pay-rise or a move away. Launching disrespectful rants at club, fans and officials (the post about wanting to play for Reedknapp is a disgraceful pop at Clarke).

Do it the right way then he goes with everyones blessing and is remembered fondly for his time here (just like Greening), now he's going to be another Curtis Davies, Paul Robinson, Diomansy Kamara.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1571 on: January 27, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »
King Koren, yes i think he would of got a move whether he behaved the way he has or not. QPR meet asking Albions asking price, we accept, he goes, thats it.

He is messing with the wrong club if he thinks he can bully them into lower prices, personally i hope we just get shot of him but i expect JP will say to QPR pay the price or he will stay with us, simple. Its not about the Scumbag, its about every player has a price, if they match it, they get him.

I think we have shown in the past, Davies refused to play, probably thinking he would force a move, he didnt, we ended up getting 10m in total just by sitting tight which is way more than he was worth. Greening asked to leave, we said if somebody meets our price you can go, Fulham did and he went, just standard business deals, nobody needs to go the measures he has because if nobody comes in with another offer he is staying anyway for all his tantrums.

Also a general point, if Odemwingie has been so unhappy where was the transfer request January 1st? Surely you would want to let potential buyers know you were unhappy? Interesting all this unhappiness comes a few days after money bags QPR's interest?

Funny how any key player who leaves this clubs seems to do so in controversy. They are always depicted as the bad guys.

Kamara, Robinson, Davies and now Pete.

Yet the players only have good things to say about the fans and the club. Surely handing in a transfer request (forfeiting loyalty bonus' which are a lot of money ) highlights it's not all about the money.

We don't always treat our players well. Phillips - no two year contract, Koren we used for promotion and then cast him aside. No way is the club holier than thou in all this. If it comforts you to be believe this than that's fair enough, but we don't know what gets promised behind closed doors.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1572 on: January 27, 2013, 12:25:47 PM »

How can it be right ? the club gave him a contract which he was more than happy to sign, if the club said he could move in the Summer then they seem to be happy to keep their part of that but he wants to change the deal and move now because he sees a big money move. Money is his motivation he has admitted its all about the money numerous times on Twitter yesterday, the rest is just ramblings of an idiot (or a clever tactical ploy to get what he wants).

So he's a footballer with a new born baby, I doubt very much he will be the first in that situation to move clubs even to another country if it comes to it and he certainly won't be the last.

Why are people (including Pete) having a go at the club for trying to get the best price possible, shall we just give him away ?

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1573 on: January 27, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »
He would get the move if QPR offered a fee that we deem acceptable.

I honestly can't see how any blame can be on the club here, the only party in the wrong is Pete.

Moaning about short-term deal which is reportedly what HE wanted in the first place. Every window trying to get a pay-rise or a move away. Launching disrespectful rants at club, fans and officials (the post about wanting to play for Reedknapp is a disgraceful pop at Clarke).

Do it the right way then he goes with everyones blessing and is remembered fondly for his time here (just like Greening), now he's going to be another Curtis Davies, Paul Robinson, Diomansy Kamara.

Was 10 million for Davies, 6million for Kamara, 5 million for Greening really reasonable though.

What we deem acceptable are pretty scandalous prices.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1574 on: January 27, 2013, 12:29:49 PM »
Was 10 million for Davies, 6million for Kamara, 5 million for Greening really reasonable though.

What we deem acceptable are pretty scandalous prices.

The buying clubs were happy to pay those prices so yes they were obviously reasonable. If they weren't then those clubs wouldn't have paid them.

Isn't the whole idea of a business to sell your products (which players are) at the best possible price ?

We know what the club have promised Pete, he's told everyone on Twitter and he's the one trying to change the deal now.

He has said its about the money more than once.