Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 640816 times)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #3275 on: August 18, 2013, 03:04:52 AM »
PO is a good player but he is also poison. His self absorption is the reason he hasn't played for a top team even if he has the talent to.

We still have time to fix our squad balance and save the season, but we need to move past PO and ship him out.

Let's hope we don't see him in our shirt again because if we do, things are utterly desperate and we have hit the panic button.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3278 on: August 18, 2013, 09:35:20 PM »
Given the first taste that the promoted teams have had this weekend, I'll be amazed if none of them come back in for Pete
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3279 on: August 18, 2013, 09:45:40 PM »

Ideal for all parties concerned

No chance!

"Napoli coach Rafa Benitez is being linked with a move for West Bromwich Albion striker Peter Odemwingie as his search for a backup striker continues."

We all know he wont go anywhere to sit on the bench and be a back up striker.

We need him more than they do

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3280 on: August 18, 2013, 09:58:04 PM »
No we need him sold. Accept £2m and save another £2m wages and get someone else in who will actually play and strengthen the current team (are we really expecting normal service to be resumed with Pete ???).

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3281 on: August 18, 2013, 10:04:10 PM »
I know most people wont agree but my god I would put pete back in the squad based on that performance yesterday.
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3282 on: August 19, 2013, 08:02:16 AM »
I know most people wont agree but my god I would put pete back in the squad based on that performance yesterday.

Spot on mate.

Most people wont agree with you!

JDWest_Brom

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3283 on: August 19, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
The game on Saturday was screaming out for a player like Odemwingie.
Izzy Brown? Yes he is!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3284 on: August 19, 2013, 09:03:40 AM »
I think he'll go to Palace on deadline day.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3285 on: August 19, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »
I think he'll go to Palace on deadline day.

What drive down and wait :D

6rudgej

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3286 on: August 19, 2013, 10:24:03 AM »
Bet Pete was laughing into his Guinness at the way we played Saturday! could have done with him if the truth be known. I reckon peace will only spend money once he's been sold which, as others have suggested, will be late on in the window.....

Welsh_Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3287 on: August 19, 2013, 12:08:50 PM »
Spot on mate.

Most people wont agree with you!

After Saturday's performance more and more people are agreeing with him.

Imagine (hypothetically of course) that SC plays PO vs Newport in the cup and he has a stormer- does the bring PO back bandwagon get even bigger????

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3288 on: August 19, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »
Does Odemwingie want to play for us? If he did don't you think he would have swallowed his pride, apologize to the club and the fans. He has had enough time to do it!!!
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3289 on: August 19, 2013, 12:36:37 PM »
How anyone could believe he should play for us again sickens me . 38k per week and he has wanted away for 18 months . Fans he stinks full stop . He should have gone in January . Sooner he is gone the better.

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3290 on: August 19, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »
How anyone could believe he should play for us again sickens me . 38k per week and he has wanted away for 18 months . Fans he stinks full stop . He should have gone in January . Sooner he is gone the better.
If his goals were the difference to staying up rather than going down I know what i would go for regardless of the last 8 months.
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3291 on: August 19, 2013, 01:49:38 PM »
If his goals were the difference to staying up rather than going down I know what i would go for regardless of the last 8 months.

Same here.Not many footballers give a toss about the fans but most the fans want to watch the greed league

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3292 on: August 19, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »

Same here.Not many footballers give a toss about the fans but most the fans want to watch the greed league

Plus look at Liverpool - they are about to welcome Suarez back. Two weeks ago everyone in Scouseland wanted him gone. Fickle or what? I will be fickle too if Pete scores the goals Lukaku scored for us last year!
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3293 on: August 19, 2013, 02:30:28 PM »
ive always liked PO, id have him back in our team in an instant, yes he hasnt been the best person with attitude etc, but his quality and pace he would be first on my team sheet.

ive spoke to him over twitter,but cant find the conversation now, things he was telling me really opened my eyes and saw that it maybe wasnt him that forced the move, wrong info from agent and DA apparantly.

i would be happy if he apologised, and played for us again. probably get shot down for saying this, but he could be our star man if he puts his mind to it!
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3294 on: August 19, 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
ive always liked PO, id have him back in our team in an instant, yes he hasnt been the best person with attitude etc, but his quality and pace he would be first on my team sheet.

ive spoke to him over twitter,but cant find the conversation now, things he was telling me really opened my eyes and saw that it maybe wasnt him that forced the move, wrong info from agent and DA apparantly.

i would be happy if he apologised, and played for us again. probably get shot down for saying this, but he could be our star man if he puts his mind to it!

I spoke to him on twitter as well after he sent me messages after reading my tweets and in his words 'sensing my disappointment in him'. I told him all he had to do was keep it shut on twitter and keep it inhouse regardless of who was to blame and to be fair he did admit he had overdone it on Twitter. We are only hearing his version, no doubt there are two sides and both sides have been at fault along the line whether mis-understandings or not but only one chose to air his dirty linen and that one has previous history of it.

He won't apologise though, there's the issue.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3295 on: August 19, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »
I spoke to him on twitter as well after he sent me messages after reading my tweets and in his words 'sensing my disappointment in him'. I told him all he had to do was keep it shut on twitter and keep it inhouse regardless of who was to blame and to be fair he did admit he had overdone it on Twitter. We are only hearing his version, no doubt there are two sides and both sides have been at fault along the line whether mis-understandings or not but only one chose to air his dirty linen and that one has previous history of it.

He won't apologise though, there's the issue.
And that is the main issue. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 02:42:37 PM by kc56wba »
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3296 on: August 19, 2013, 02:49:04 PM »
After Saturday's performance more and more people are agreeing with him.

Imagine (hypothetically of course) that SC plays PO vs Newport in the cup and he has a stormer- does the bring PO back bandwagon get even bigger????

In the words of that great sage Del Boy

'no way Pedro'

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3297 on: August 19, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
No we need him sold. Accept £2m and save another £2m wages and get someone else in who will actually play and strengthen the current team (are we really expecting normal service to be resumed with Pete ???).

JP WONT spend money on anyone, he has said in more than one interview that he wants to stick to a 22 man squad.. so he will only take loans or free players which is ridiculous, its like he wants us to be back in the championship.. if only what you said did happen, maybe we would get stronger instead of being the only team to get weaker :S

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3298 on: August 19, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »
JP WONT spend money on anyone, he has said in more than one interview that he wants to stick to a 22 man squad.. so he will only take loans or free players which is ridiculous, its like he wants us to be back in the championship.. if only what you said did happen, maybe we would get stronger instead of being the only team to get weaker :S
Every player that is brought into the club costs money whether it be a transfer or loan fee or higher wages,  so suggesting he won't spend money is frankly ridiculous.  Also,  the fact that Odemwhinger is frozen out clearly suggests that money is not Peace's sole motivation because as many have already pointed out he is currently costing us wages and a reduced transfer fee every day this sorry episode continues.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3299 on: August 19, 2013, 07:05:10 PM »
Take it from me and It's safe to say he will never play for us again unfortunately. Things went on before the whole January episode and things are now beyond repair to the point where they haven't even given him a squad number. He also expects to move on in this window with a few English clubs involved.

I for one think we could have done with him on Saturday. A bit of pace on the counter attack instead of a wasted attempted long ball upto Shane Long everytime. He was a good outlet to have.