Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 225185 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #350 on: October 02, 2019, 01:08:15 PM »
He's done OK this season - he has been much better than the total calamity we witnessed last year. I think that may be as a consequence of the change in style this season. It seemed like pure idiocy to play him on the left hand side of a three.

He struggled last night but most people will against Leeds with their pace and clever movement.

I am still excited to see Hegazi return however.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #351 on: October 02, 2019, 05:35:13 PM »
He's done OK this season - he has been much better than the total calamity we witnessed last year. I think that may be as a consequence of the change in style this season. It seemed like pure idiocy to play him on the left hand side of a three.

He struggled last night but most people will against Leeds with their pace and clever movement.

I am still excited to see Hegazi return however.
I think each to his own, obviously like you, I’d like hegazi fit and available .....but I don’t think he’s as quick as Bartley, but he is better in the air
There was a time last year when hegazi was getting some stick..

Could it be we go 3 at the back, is the ace up the sleeve that Bartley AND hegazi play as a pair and semi pushes up?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #352 on: October 02, 2019, 08:03:21 PM »
He is always an accident waiting to happen,his passing is disastrous as is his defensive positioning all he does is point at others,Ajay played a blinder against Leeds and covered for Bartley most of the game every single game he either does cost us or nearly costs us,no blame for there goal,but he was 3 inches from giving a penalty away on a ridiculous tackle,Oshea could be no worse

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2019, 09:08:10 PM »
Was fantastic today alongside semi, credit where it’s due.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2019, 10:29:10 PM »
Won pretty much every header. Will take a lot to shift him I think on the basis of today.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #355 on: October 06, 2019, 09:07:35 AM »
Played really well. What a nice dilemma we have when Hegazi is ready.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #356 on: October 06, 2019, 09:14:07 AM »
Ideal game for him against a team that didn’t want to play with it on the deck, but make no mistake, there is no dilemma, Hegazi is far superior. Comments like the ones above are how people like HRK keep getting game time and Darren Moore got appointed. Don’t forget the past 50 games of Bartley based on one performance...

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #357 on: October 06, 2019, 10:07:38 AM »
Ideal game for him against a team that didn’t want to play with it on the deck, but make no mistake, there is no dilemma, Hegazi is far superior. Comments like the ones above are how people like HRK keep getting game time and Darren Moore got appointed. Don’t forget the past 50 games of Bartley based on one performance...

It's not just one performance though. He's been good most games this season and was loads better last season once we'd gone to a back 4. Does have an error in him but so does Ajayi.

Agree that Hegazi is the better player but the way Bartley is playing there's no need to rush Hegazi back.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #358 on: October 06, 2019, 10:45:22 AM »
He's been much better this season, has one or two clangers in him but most defenders do at this level. The main positive of his upturn in form this term is that we haven't had to rush Hegazi back, in the long term you would hope Hegazi would get back in the side over him but there's been no panic to throw him back in.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #359 on: October 06, 2019, 12:12:59 PM »
In the nicest possible way....that’s rubbish on 2 points

1) he’s been very good this season,there will always be an error because he’s a defender and he’s not at Juventus
2) there is no way on earth “comments like the above” have any influence on which players get picked and how long they play for .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #360 on: October 06, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »
In the nicest possible way....that’s rubbish on 2 points

1) he’s been very good this season,there will always be an error because he’s a defender and he’s not at Juventus

Ahmed Hegazi is a defender who doesn't make the errors he does, he isn't at Juventus
Semi Ajayi is a defender who doesn't make the errors he does, he isn't at Juventus
Nathan Ferguson is a defender who doesn't make the errors he does, he isn't at Juventus

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #361 on: October 06, 2019, 12:16:59 PM »
People raving about his performance yesterday...Hmm.

He didn't track the runner for the first goal and committed a ridiculous foul that they scored from (albeit disallowed, thankfully).

I'm not seeking to have a go, just trying to give an objective opinion. I feel when a player has had a bit of criticism, people are keen to be overly positive with them which is completely understandable. However, I felt he was okay, no better, no worse.

Hegazi still a level above and must come straight in when fully fit.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #362 on: October 06, 2019, 12:19:39 PM »

Ahmed Hegazi is a defender who doesn't make the errors he does, he isn't at Juventus
Semi Ajayi is a defender who doesn't make the errors he does, he isn't at Juventus
Nathan Ferguson is a defender who doesn't make the errors he does, he isn't at Juventus
You forgot point 2 ?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #363 on: October 06, 2019, 12:21:50 PM »

And all capable of being responsible for an error due to the position they play...that’s my point .
Very hard for Matt Phillips to be responsible for conceding a goal...
Easier for Bartley/ajayi/Hegazi, much easier for Johnstone

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #364 on: October 06, 2019, 12:33:01 PM »
And all capable of being responsible for an error due to the position they play...that’s my point .
Very hard for Matt Phillips to be responsible for conceding a goal...
Easier for Bartley/ajayi/Hegazi, much easier for Johnstone

He's not good enough he makes too many costly errors. Ajayi may have been culpable for two or three goals this season, Bartley has been culpable for five or six - that is the difference. When you add up all those errors from last season as well it's obvious that Bartley is not consistently good enough to be a starter in a team challenging for the top two.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #365 on: October 06, 2019, 12:39:47 PM »

He's not good enough he makes too many costly errors. Ajayi may have been culpable for two or three goals this season, Bartley has been culpable for five or six - that is the difference. When you add up all those errors from last season as well it's obvious that Bartley is not consistently good enough to be a starter in a team challenging for the top two.
He is good enough for this league obviously not if we get promoted to the Prem though.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #366 on: October 06, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »
Better yesterday,but far too slow in coming across for Cardiff Ist goal,still the weakest link along with Johnstone

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #367 on: October 06, 2019, 04:19:55 PM »

We all have our opinions and I fail to see how mine get HRK into the team and DM as manager! My opinion stands, the guy is playing well and gives the manager food for thought when Hegazi is ready. I didn’t say he’s better because he’s not. Equally I have seen Hegazi enough times to know that he too makes errors.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #368 on: October 06, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »
Better yesterday,but far too slow in coming across for Cardiff Ist goal,still the weakest link along with Johnstone

Agreed, he doesn't smell danger and is prone to switching-off. Although Hegazi isn't perfect either and has also made plenty of mistakes and been part of a defence leaking goals. Hegazi and Barry coming back helps to keep Bartley, Livermore, the weaker players on their toes. Although I suspect our whole back four and defensive side would look much better if we had a keeper who added to the team rather than needed propping up.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #369 on: October 19, 2019, 09:22:24 PM »
Had another decent game today.
O Albion we love you

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #370 on: October 20, 2019, 11:36:30 AM »
Thought he was the pick of the back four. Deserves to keep his place at the minute.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #371 on: October 20, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »
Made several timely interventions that thwarted the opposition, had a good game overall and seems to be improving under Slaven
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #372 on: October 20, 2019, 09:28:08 PM »
I'm one of his biggest critics,but got to admit he was very good v boro

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2019, 10:49:12 PM »
Thought he was outstanding today, the block in the first half after Semi gave the ball away was exceptional

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #374 on: October 26, 2019, 11:42:33 PM »
Thought he was outstanding today, the block in the first half after Semi gave the ball away was exceptional

Agreed. Wins countless headers every game too. Maybe Hegazi and Bartley should be the centre back pairing?