Author Topic: Everiss Dynasty  (Read 2998 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Everiss Dynasty
« on: April 17, 2019, 08:18:15 PM »
“Albion to honour Everiss family”

I wonder what these stalwarts of Albion and our proud history would make of the current incumbents.

Fred Everiss the longest serving manager in English Footballing history, I believe.

Source: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/april/albion-to-honour-everiss-family/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

Re: Everiss Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 10:26:54 AM »
We used to be a big club. Now thanks to the like of Peace we are the smallest club in the W Mids apart from Walsall.
We act small, have small stadium and ambitions, and our fans mostly happy clappers who are grateful that we sit at the top table every few decades.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:28:14 AM by MarkW »

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 10:48:02 AM »
We used to be a big club. Now thanks to the like of Peace we are the smallest club in the W Mids apart from Walsall.
We act small, have small stadium and ambitions, and our fans mostly happy clappers who are grateful that we sit at the top table every few decades.
A bit harsh. Villa will always be the bigger club because of their potential fan base and their history. Wolves; they now have the potential and base to be up there but things go in cycles so who knows. Blues.......!?? As far as sitting at the top table every few decades have a look at our history of promotion and relegation. Nothing is different. 
Don't call me Walt

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 12:21:45 PM »
Agree with Divinewind. Very small time mentality from top to bottom throughout the club.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 09:51:21 AM »

Very of the moment view, in the greater scheme of things, Villa have always been the biggest club, us, Wolves and Blues all vie for second spot depending on where we are in the cycle, Walsall will always be the small local neighbour.
Baggie in Southampton

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 10:28:28 AM »
Back on topic... naming the manager's suite the Everiss Suite is a fantastic and long-overdue gesture.

We have some fine legends at the Hawthorns.

Time we created new ones to add to the list.

Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 10:33:45 AM »
Agree with Divinewind. Very small time mentality from top to bottom throughout the club.

Impossible to disagree. No plan, no ambition, no investment, no expansion always comes to mind re the people owning and running our club.
Thank god Thompson came in and showed more vision in his brief time than seen before or since despite the hundreds of millions that flowed through the club ! Doubt we would even have the East Stand if it wasn’t for him.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 12:52:58 PM »
Expectations have been managed and drastically lowered sadly Albionbest.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 05:17:54 PM »
Expectations have been managed and drastically lowered sadly Albionbest.
Are you trying to say... We have an elephant in the room (the one who is just a bean counter ala Jenkins the pachyderm)?

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 01:23:30 PM »
I'd agree that as a club, we seem to be becoming smaller rather than bigger. I'm not so sure it's a trend that is going to be arrested anytime soon, either.

Look at the make-up of West Bromwich now. There are large immigrant populations, and a lot of the fan base that would have been there has been eroded or moved on. Of the people I sit by, there is only one guy who lives in West Brom - everybody else is from Walsall, Birmingham, further afield.

As a club we seem to be trying to generate interest among the immigrant communities, but the best way to do that would be success on the pitch; we had two years where we were the only Midlands team in the Premier League and did nothing with it.

To grow the club we would need a range of initiatives to draw fans in from the new-look local community or look further afield. We haven't done that, and so we are contracting in size. This will be especially pronounced with our ageing fan base, and with Villa / Wolves penning us in either side.

We're still bigger than Blues, who couldn't even sell out for Manchester United at home when both teams were good, but you look at the state of Midlands football and I think it's all downhill.

Sorry to depress everybody.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 06:43:58 PM »
Blame Ebenezer for the small minded culture that surrounds the club today, he even got the majority of fans to think the way he was thinking. Like to ask those fans why do they support the club? Ambition and Albion seem to be a dirty word to them. Thompson had best interests of club above his own financial gain and I wished that he and Sir Gary could of worked out their differences.