Author Topic: 8 Jul 2020 Albion 2 Derby County 0  (Read 40867 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2020, 08:45:23 PM »
Who is being released?? Austin? When?

Haven’t seen this anywhere
Thought I read some time back he was leaving end of season. Hope you're right and I'm wrong.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2020, 08:57:37 PM »
Was it just me or was the stamping sending off a bit harsh?  Looked like the lad got his leg stuck?
Never a red, it will be overturned I'm sure, hope he takes his anger into the weekend

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »
Simply fantastic, never have them a sniff. Boys that came in proved our strength in depth. Ajayi and Bartley superb, O'Shea better than Ferguson, Townsend better than Gibbs, Sawyers, Livermore compact and solid, Pereira sublime, Austin pure class and anyone that says he's unfit is deluded, he never stopped chasing. Diangana different level for this league. Just leaves Grosicki, MotM by a mile, why have we waited so long.
So, so happy today.

Controversial maybe, but I would have Rooney of we went up.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2020, 09:00:17 PM »
Never a red, it will be overturned I'm sure, hope he takes his anger into the weekend

Yes it looked a really poor call. As was missing the shove on Pereira.

Two big decisions. Both wrong. I think we can say the referee wasn’t the best.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #379 on: July 08, 2020, 09:19:30 PM »
Both Leeds and Brentford fans unimpressed by us. Writing off a poor Derby side.

Can't help think we're going a bit overboard on here. The front 4 were great. The midfield dropped off. The defence were unchallenged.  Johnstone had nothing to do. None of the other games will be as easy as this.

Well, I am surprised. I would be a bit more circumspect, if I were a Brentford supporter, bearing in mind they have to play them next. They will have to go toe to toe in the middle of the park, to beat them. We didn’t go down that road - we didn’t need to, our front 4 pulled them apart.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #380 on: July 08, 2020, 09:42:09 PM »
Easy win as I predicted, we are so much better than Derby. 

4 points from the next 2 games will be just fine, at worst that will give us a 3 point buffer over Brentford.  Then another 4 points from the final 2 games gets us over the line.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #381 on: July 08, 2020, 10:01:28 PM »
I thought our performance today was great and I have little to be disappointed about. The Derby keeper kept the scoreline at 2-0 and compared to the 1-4 drumming I had to witness in The Woodman Corner last year I’m well chuffed. If we can carry on this lovely run of form I’ll apologise for being so furious with Bilic during the runs of poor form this season. COYB.

Remind me, how many times have you called for Bilic to be sacked this season? I lost count. Presumably six - after each defeat?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #382 on: July 08, 2020, 10:01:58 PM »
Stoke are just the sort of side you don’t want to play at the moment in my opinion
Stoke will be 2-0 by half time.....trust me
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #383 on: July 08, 2020, 10:03:14 PM »
Stoke will be 2-0 by half time.....trust me

Agent McClean.  8)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #384 on: July 08, 2020, 10:11:12 PM »
I'm still beaming over 3 hours after the game. Such a perfect performance. Feels great to be top of the table, 5 points clear of third. Definitely time to focus on winning the league now. 4 games, 10 points should do it.
Boing Boing

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2020, 10:17:51 PM »
I'm still beaming over 3 hours after the game. Such a perfect performance. Feels great to be top of the table, 5 points clear of third. Definitely time to focus on winning the league now. 4 games, 10 points should do it.

Yeah, we have all enjoyed this win. First time post lockdown we have produced a solid defensive display and looked good in attack - best starting 11 so far. Now our focus must solely be on Blackburn away. Who presumably under Mowbray will attack us.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #386 on: July 08, 2020, 10:23:07 PM »
A slick and sold performance tonight, and a well deserved win. Derby are pretty limited but we capitalised and hit them in the right areas; on another day it could have been 5. It does feel like we’ve got our ‘swag’ back; but a very tough game against Blackburn will again expose us as a team and our character. I’m convinced we have the metal to do this.....keeping the faith! PS, Leeds I’m sure will wobble a little 😉

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #387 on: July 08, 2020, 10:31:17 PM »
Job done back top pressure very much on leeds. 2 tricky games for them. Derby need to get something v brentford or there season is over. Blackburn probably the same v us.

Back 4 looked solid and dealt with everything however limited it was. Which gave johnstone nothing to do so that was about as stress free as I have been this season. Oshea just goes strength to strength. Think semi and barts better pair for us then either with hegazi. Townsend has done very well this season also. Huge improvements.

Our 4 attackers did the business. Still need to create more chances for Charlie. Hopefully diangana fit for saturday.
O Albion we love you

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #388 on: July 08, 2020, 10:41:17 PM »
Blackburn play open football style, a bit like Derby, which suits us better than tight compact men behind the ball.  However, does means Blackburn are capable of hurting us.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2020, 12:19:36 AM »
If you're going to give Hegazi a red which it technically was, then the same has to be done with Sibley otherwise there is no consistency.

On a similar note, Dingle Don must have said the word 'rescinded' about 5 times in 1 minute after he got the red, I will be delighted if we go up to get rid of his bias commentary, every single time he commentates on us it's always been that way.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #390 on: July 09, 2020, 12:27:29 AM »
Remind me, how many times have you called for Bilic to be sacked this season? I lost count. Presumably six - after each defeat?

I called for Bilic to be given the boot after Brentford away. That was one poor performance too many for me regardless of the opponents. Before that I’ve twice questioned if he was the right man for the club. I’m glad we’re enjoying this lovely run of form but Bilic isn’t above criticism. To me he’s a very likeable guy who comes across well in interviews but I can’t honestly say I’m completely convinced. Too many points dropped against teams in the bottom half of the table and poor performances. IF we get promoted though, I’ll be absolutely delighted. We go up as champions... ecstatic!!  ;D

On a similar note, Dingle Don must have said the word 'rescinded' about 5 times in 1 minute after he got the red, I will be delighted if we go up to get rid of his bias commentary, every single time he commentates on us it's always been that way.

Poor yourself another drink Goodman and hush your beak... such an absolute windbag.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:55:25 AM by Political Cake »

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #391 on: July 09, 2020, 02:04:26 AM »
It reminded me a bit of Leeds at home last season. Let them dominate the ball but us control the game.

Hoping that Grady can stay fit as him and Pereira have both taken a couple of games to return to form but they were both right on it today.

westbrom3wolves0

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #392 on: July 09, 2020, 03:48:38 AM »
Superb all round performance. Let derby have the ball and they couldn’t do anything with it. We offered a threat every time we had the ball, great stuff. Thought the high press was very effective, made derby very uneasy on the ball at the back - particularly in the first half. Blatant push on Pereira in second half for a pen - that’s my only complaint!!

Can’t ask for much more than that result against a team we’ve struggled to beat in recent times, especially under the circumstances. Boing boing.
Oooooohhhh West Bromwich Albion! #SPRAY32

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #393 on: July 09, 2020, 04:40:13 AM »
Couldn't be any prouder of the club than I am right now. Billic got his tactics spot on and the players delivered in every area of their game. Brilliant. Another big step closer to our objective.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #394 on: July 09, 2020, 08:38:17 AM »
We appear to have lost the “wim Albion,wim always make it difficult for ourselves and we won’t win” posters?
Some are also mentioning Goodmans comments.....I think he’s actually a decent commentator, met him a few times, always has a chat and says it has it is.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #395 on: July 09, 2020, 08:38:24 AM »
Agree with all the positive comments on an outstanding performance against the Rams.

Only grey area Is strikers which we will need to address promotion or not.  HRK is simply not up to the quality needed and Charlie is at the wrong end of his career. As for that other fellow......

Along with ‘The Magician’ who was again outstanding last night, Grady Diangana proved what a talent he is even better than Harvey Barnes IMO.

We will miss him greatly when he returns to West Ham and one wonders what the chances would be to sign him permanently. If Hammers are relegated which is looking very possible, Grady may be interested and West Ham would likely need a ‘fire sale’ following the drop although I suspect the transfer fee would be very high. Who knows in these unprecedented times.

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #396 on: July 09, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »
Agree with all the positive comments on an outstanding performance against the Rams.

Only grey area Is strikers which we will need to address promotion or not.  HRK is simply not up to the quality needed and Charlie is at the wrong end of his career. As for that other fellow......

Along with ‘The Magician’ who was again outstanding last night, Grady Diangana proved what a talent he is even better than Harvey Barnes IMO.

We will miss him greatly when he returns to West Ham and one wonders what the chances would be to sign him permanently. If Hammers are relegated which is looking very possible, Grady may be interested and West Ham would likely need a ‘fire sale’ following the drop although I suspect the transfer fee would be very high. Who knows in these unprecedented times.
Funny you should mention Barnes.....is it feasible that Leicester/Rodgers decide to do an overhaul of their team and he becomes available?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #397 on: July 09, 2020, 08:48:08 AM »
Funny you should mention Barnes.....is it feasible that Leicester/Rodgers decide to do an overhaul of their team and he becomes available?
Highly unlikely, he's signed a 5 year contract and is a fully fledged 1st team player now...7 goals 8 assists by the way.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #398 on: July 09, 2020, 02:44:12 PM »
We appear to have lost the “wim Albion,wim always make it difficult for ourselves and we won’t win” posters?
Some are also mentioning Goodmans comments.....I think he’s actually a decent commentator, met him a few times, always has a chat and says it has it is.

Dingle Don hates West Brom so I hate him.  Total scumbag.  Next time we are on Sky if he's commentating thinking of turning sound down and listen to Bomber on WM while watching match on sky.