Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2079339 times)

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #4850 on: May 05, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
wim a big club ay we
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4851 on: May 05, 2013, 10:15:21 AM »
which clubs would come in for O Hara and for Johnson? I cant see any really to have to be paying wages for those two in League one wont be good for Wolves as they are probably on a hell of a lot at the minute.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4852 on: May 05, 2013, 10:43:35 AM »
Not sure if its true but I heard you can't maintain Cat 1 academy status in league 1.

We should get down there and to see if theres anything worth tapping up.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #4853 on: May 05, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »
I don't think its down to which league your in if that makes sense however financially it might not be beneficial for them.

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4855 on: May 05, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »
Carry on collapsing
on the lash last night?  ;D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4857 on: May 05, 2013, 01:00:06 PM »
The difference between the dingles and the titanic = the titanic only went down once :D

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4858 on: May 05, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »
On paper Wolves have a team that could and should have made the top eight. I personally think that they became complacent when the beat Birmingham 3-2. I thought they would be safe as they had a good little run, wins against Bristol City and Middlesbrough and that last minute goal against Watford. However they lost five of there last six games.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4859 on: May 05, 2013, 02:32:55 PM »
6finger lickin good

Follow colonel Saunders

The glass is still half full (feat interview with roger Johnson)

The real players wives (in full V.D)

The blame game

We con barnce back
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4860 on: May 05, 2013, 07:53:17 PM »
This time its for real !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4861 on: May 05, 2013, 10:25:41 PM »
Odds on the most popular away team chant at the Custard Bowel next season?........"Your grounds too big for you"................ :)

Cyber-_-man

« Reply #4862 on: May 05, 2013, 11:15:48 PM »
I have joined the forum and come in peace. I am a Wolves fan and have enjoyed many rivalries with Baggies fans over the years. Having felt sick as a parrot this weekend with our demise to league one I wanted to  ask our fiercest rivals a serious question. How could you have got it so right and we got it so wrong? What would you do differently? I want to play the baggies again ( and the league cup or FA cup is the only way that's happening for a while. I know I will get some stick but I wanted to ask the question. I know you have been up and down but never capitulated like we did this year. You can tell me to shove it if you like, but I reckon that if you really want to know the truth you ask your biggest rivals so please. What do we need to do to get back to the standard you are playing at?

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4863 on: May 05, 2013, 11:21:10 PM »
I have joined the forum and come in peace. I am a Wolves fan and have enjoyed many rivalries with Baggies fans over the years. Having felt sick as a parrot this weekend with our demise to league one I wanted to  ask our fiercest rivals a serious question. How could you have got it so right and we got it so wrong? What would you do differently? I want to play the baggies again ( and the league cup or FA cup is the only way that's happening for a while. I know I will get some stick but I wanted to ask the question. I know you have been up and down but never capitulated like we did this year. You can tell me to shove it if you like, but I reckon that if you really want to know the truth you ask your biggest rivals so please. What do we need to do to get back to the standard you are playing at?

First thing I would say is stop buying overrated players, O Hara and Johnson the main too. Improve your scouting system if look through our squad Yacob,Mulumbu, Odemwingie, Dorrans, Popov hardly anyone had heard of those players and they have all done a good job for us in the Premiership.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4864 on: May 05, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »

Simple. get some people in to the club who know something about football and can pick a player. Morgan Moxey and any of the past four managers couldnt pick their noses.

Cyber-_-man

« Reply #4865 on: May 05, 2013, 11:22:03 PM »
which clubs would come in for O Hara and for Johnson? I cant see any really to have to be paying wages for those two in League one wont be good for Wolves as they are probably on a hell of a lot at the minute.

20k plus a week and have been a great disappointment. O Hara was good while on loan but has been pants since. ROJO has pretty much the worst positional sense of a defender I have seen for a long while and we paid 7m for that! I would take Olson over him any day. Please take the urine- I have followed wolves for 40 years so I have been through this before but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen again. Then we got Saunders! Liking the spell check option!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4866 on: May 05, 2013, 11:24:01 PM »
20k plus a week and have been a great disappointment. O Hara was good while on loan but has been pants since. ROJO has pretty much the worst positional sense of a defender I have seen for a long while and we paid 7m for that! I would take Olson over him any day. Please take the pee- I have followed wolves for 40 years so I have been through this before but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen again. Then we got Saunders! Liking the spell check option!

A lot of players pay well when on loan trying to impress then they dont quite seem to do it when they are on a big contract.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Cyber-_-man

« Reply #4867 on: May 05, 2013, 11:26:04 PM »
Simple. get some people in to the club who know something about football and can pick a player. Morgan Moxey and any of the past four managers couldnt pick their noses.

MM was a good manager and got the best out of average players in my opinion. Your 5-1 did for him like a kipper. There was no way back after that. I agree the choices since then have been either panicked or poor . Solbakken was the most outside the box but Luton in the cup did his legs. Reckon we need a huge clear out and it may be several years until we are in the same league.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4868 on: May 05, 2013, 11:28:41 PM »
Best thing for Wolves would be to get rid of the bigger names and start again. Out of all the teams in the football league you have been one of the biggest surprises this season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Cyber-_-man

« Reply #4869 on: May 05, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »
Its all well and good Wolves fans saying 'get rid' of ceratin players but the likes of O'Hara has 3 years left of a 35k a week contract.   No club of sound mind would sign him based on his performances or his injury record especially on those wages.

Johnson too is said to be on around the same.  He's just suffered 3 relegations on the trot and is obviously a disruptive influence in the dressing room.

Getting rid of these players is going to be difficult.  They are the cancer that is eating away at the club.

I hope they stay.   ;D

See even a WBA can see what 4 managers and half the board cant! We have said the same this season and most of last. One day we will be back- just not for a while methinks. Can we have Foster, Olson and a few others for a couple of years please?  We only have 2 small problems at the club. We cant score and cant defend!! After all you did sell us Steve Bull!!! Have ya got another in the wings we can poach?

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4870 on: May 05, 2013, 11:33:52 PM »
MM was a good manager and got the best out of average players in my opinion. Your 5-1 did for him like a kipper. There was no way back after that. I agree the choices since then have been either panicked or poor . Solbakken was the most outside the box but Luton in the cup did his legs. Reckon we need a huge clear out and it may be several years until we are in the same league.

Agreed MM is actually not the worst manager out there by any means but that wasnt my point. Its all about the players you recruit and MM was rubbish in that respect. He bought Johnson in as a franchise player and made him Captain!....Egert Johnsson!!.... ???...........do i need to go on?

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4871 on: May 05, 2013, 11:36:19 PM »
Some of the players that Mick brought in were good, Kightly, Keogh, Hennesey, Ebanks Blake all players that were at smaller clubs and did a good job when Mick was in charge.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4872 on: May 05, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »
The best way of doing an Albion would have been to have allowed Stale Solbakken the chance to completely overhaul a stale looking side getting rid of the likes of Johnson, O'Hara, Henry, Ward, Doyle etc which are nothing but wasters stealing a living. That plan didn't last too long so questions must be asked of the board and as mentioned previously, Morgan needs to appoint someone with that football nous. Haven't you appointed Kelvin Thelwell? He needs to run the football club and make the decisions and then move form there.

Wolves have a great opportunity now to change the culture providing they can get rid of their rubbish which is currently dragging them down. I do believe that nothing much will change over the summer and you will have to stomach more of the same.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Cyber-_-man

« Reply #4873 on: May 05, 2013, 11:39:52 PM »
Best thing for Wolves would be to get rid of the bigger names and start again. Out of all the teams in the football league you have been one of the biggest surprises this season.

Thanks for that. You are quite right. Even in the championship we should and could have done better. The atmosphere at home games has been poisonous at times and the players have lacked passion. They have failed to dominate any home game this year and probably this season and that is why they are down. Never seen so many downhearted supporters. We all hate losing but you want some effort. We have made some very ordinary teams look like Brazil over the last three years. Lets hope we get it right next season. Enjoy your close season. Heres to 2014 and thank you for your respect on this thread. It is appreciated. I will still pop up 0n here with progress reports!

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4874 on: May 05, 2013, 11:40:30 PM »
Some of the players that Mick brought in were good, Kightly, Keogh, Hennesey, Ebanks Blake all players that were at smaller clubs and did a good job when Mick was in charge.

But were they really? History tends to suggest otherwise? Kightly always injured and finally shipped to Stoke. Hennessy a reasonable keeper but prone to ricketts. Ebanks Blake never scored consistently and never a PL striker in a million years. Keogh.............what impact at all?